Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

End is Near: EPA versus Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 12:15 AM
russo
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Funny how the environmental movement continues to state "the overwhelming evidence of global warming" but they continually disregard the obscure scientific studies and the fact that the scientists involved in this hoax deny access to that very information they profess to be so overwhelming. Let's be real, climate change is the biggest hoax in history based on poor science.
Old 02-24-2010, 01:01 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

Concur. Quite a number of brilliant scientists, engineers and climatologists do not agree that human existence is contributing to the climate 'change.'
Old 02-24-2010, 01:11 AM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Yeah. What a conspiracy. All that silly science validating climate change from all those stupid liberal scientists, the National Science Institutes of virtually every industrialized nation, not to mention those liberal wackos at NASA who believe it's real and that humans are the primary cause of it. I mean, why listen to all those "scientists" with fancy degrees and supercomputers and elite liberal knowledge and stuff when you can get your scientific information straight from the people who really know, like Palin and Glen Beck.

I also think it's stupid to go after companies like Porsche and Ferrari in order to get a few more MPG. In the grand scheme of things that's just puppysh*t. Knee jerk reactions are not going to solve the problem. But to deny there even is a problem, flies in the face of facts and common sense.
I am not gonna start a debate on global warming... as that's way off topic. I am totally not in the camp of Palin or Glen Beck and as much as I don't agree with all the green SCARE TACTICS, I don't agree with some of those extreme right views.

The fact is that the whole thing is blown completely out of proportion, we gotto live much more efficiently, I agree totally, and gotto produce less waste and try to live in a more environmentally friendly way, but to believe that all our coasts are going to go under water if I don't change my light bulb is just non-sense!

I don't have time to find it, but there was an article that stated scientists who disagree with the global warming community are getting shut out of grants and research money! So, just like all other industries, scientists follow where the money is... which is making me really upset as I have a Physics degree and it used to be quite different when I started college (just 14 yrs ago)!
Old 02-24-2010, 01:28 AM
raspritz
Burning Brakes

Received 256 Likes on 165 Posts
Question

Deleted.

Last edited by raspritz; 02-24-2010 at 02:23 AM.
Old 02-24-2010, 01:51 AM
CtrUSA
Instructor

Over the first 2500 miles, my Carrerra S has averaged 20mpg (11.8l/100km). As a general rule my Toyota Highlander Sport AWD is averaging around 14 mpg. The trips are in essence the same.
I think there should be a bonus for driving such a "green" Carrerra S
Old 02-24-2010, 02:09 AM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 395 Likes on 271 Posts

I just watched the Congress grilling of the President of Toyota USA - total kangaroo court. The auto industry is in the hands of the government controlled by the unions, which want to destroy Toyota and put the fear in the minds of the other non-union car manufacturers.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:30 AM
tpenta
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

My guess is that capitalism and human need for entertainment will still win at the end of the day, which means those German engineers will figure some way to evolve the machine for decades to come.

I will probably buy a 2015 lightly used 998 S...

-T
Old 02-24-2010, 02:35 AM
stevepow
Three Wheelin'

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ADias
This is the '70s/'80s all over again. The government kills the auto industry (see Toyota) and destroys pleasure driving. Damn!

Wasn't VW helping here? Averaging the fleet? Isn't Ferrari averaged under Fiat?
It is like the 70s again, just without the drugs and cool music. I though the 70s were a blast as a teenager, but, thinking back, it seemed like people were nuts - and now, here we go again...

Oh well, good excuse to keep my car until...I dunno know...until we come out of the fog.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:55 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by ADias
I just watched the Congress grilling of the President of Toyota USA - total kangaroo court. The auto industry is in the hands of the government controlled by the unions, which want to destroy Toyota and put the fear in the minds of the other non-union car manufacturers.
Agree; pure political theater; pretty much what passes for legislative action in Congress these days. But the unions using their control of government to destroy Toyota? How lucky that Toyotas started accelerating themselves and gave the unions an opening. Besides based on most evidence (see $750 billion bailout) I thought that big business/banks/Wall Street controlled the government.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:22 AM
richc
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You fellows apparently haven't seen the brilliant pedal car solution coming from Porsche. Cars in 2012 will be fitted with these systems which have been adopted from the kiddie market, and they will meet the new government standards. The flat six engine will be used to get the car moving, and when it's up to 14 mph the engine will shut off and the operator will start pedaling.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:20 AM
BostonDuce
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nyca
This article makes no sense - Porsche averages in now with the VW fleet.
Manufacturers divisions had to be in place by 2009.

Porsche/VW shotgun merger was too late.

Say hello to hybrid "long wheelbase" 911's

BD
Old 02-24-2010, 12:22 PM
russo
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by stevepow
It is like the 70s again, just without the drugs and cool music. I though the 70s were a blast as a teenager, but, thinking back, it seemed like people were nuts - and now, here we go again...

Oh well, good excuse to keep my car until...I dunno know...until we come out of the fog.
Don't forget, the 70's was also the era of global cooling, no doubt the same environmental knuckle heads wanting more government control.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:56 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

Silverlining in all this:
    Old 02-24-2010, 02:23 PM
    stevepow
    Three Wheelin'

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by russo
    Don't forget, the 70's was also the era of global cooling, no doubt the same environmental knuckle heads wanting more government control.
    I think it was more about social unrest in the 70's; uncertain economy (the "Nixon Shock" gold thing), a war the country wasn't really behind - then all the loonies start coming out of the wood work - deja vu. A least we got Hendrix out of the deal - this time, nuthin'

You fellows apparently haven't seen the brilliant pedal car solution coming from Porsche. Cars in 2012 will be fitted with these systems which have been adopted from the kiddie market, and they will meet the new government standards. The flat six engine will be used to get the car moving, and when it's up to 14 mph the engine will shut off and the operator will start pedaling.
    Yabba -dabba-doooo!!!!!
    Old 02-24-2010, 03:34 PM
    stubenhocker
    Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
    Yeah. What a conspiracy. All that silly science validating climate change from all those stupid liberal scientists, the National Science Institutes of virtually every industrialized nation, not to mention those liberal wackos at NASA who believe it's real and that humans are the primary cause of it. I mean, why listen to all those "scientists" with fancy degrees and supercomputers and elite liberal knowledge and stuff when you can get your scientific information straight from the people who really know, like Palin and Glen Beck.

I also think it's stupid to go after companies like Porsche and Ferrari in order to get a few more MPG. In the grand scheme of things that's just puppysh*t. Knee jerk reactions are not going to solve the problem. But to deny there even is a problem, flies in the face of facts and common sense.
    I guess someone forgot to tell the Head of The Dept of Climatology at MIT, Dr Lindzen that his opinion doesn't count, even though he is a possessor of many of those "fancy degrees" of which you referred!
    People like you forget that their is an entire research industry built up around anthropogenic global warming and that most of these peoples jobs and livelihoods depend on funding from the political class and therefore take every opportunity to paint a very dire future that can only be soved through more of THEIR research! Not to mention Al Gore and his climate trading scam he has arranged with Goldman Sachs!

http://www.globalwarming.org/2009/11...lobal-warming/

Quick Reply: End is Near: EPA versus Porsche