Selling my 911....

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 04:30 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Selling my 911....

I heard a commercial yesterday about the Ford Taurus SHO!! I have to get one.
The guy on the commercial said that when he valet parks it that even with the Mercedes and Porsches and Bugattis the Valet guy parks the FORD up FRONT!!!!
Why are we even BOTHERING with Porsche!! The guy in the commercial said that he has people HONKING at him iand giving him the THUMBS UP n traffic!!! How ELSE would you judge the value of your car!!?? I cant wait!! I may just trade IN my 911 instead of selling it, I dont know if I can hold out as long as it would take to sell it. They are SO hawt they even have one in my little town!! With all the hot new American cars like the Charger and the new Camaro its been hard on me with my relationship with Porsche but this was the last straw. I cant take this any longer- I have to buy a FORD!!! I mean when I go to bed at night and close my eyes thats the first thing that comes into my minds eye is that Ford Taurus SHO!!!! Oh Sure I have lusted for the Ferraris and such but I cant resist this one. The honking in traffic is TOO much, I have to own a SHO!!!! Taurus's were hot to begin with but now the SHO!! I just cant take it!! When I go to Walgreens there were always lots of Tauruses in the parking lot, but I have been able to resist till now. BUT NO MORE!!
Why would you want the word Carrera S on your car when you have *S*H*O* on YOUR bumper!!! I almost went over the edge with the Taurus *S*E*!!! But
this is TOO much!!
Old 11-15-2009, 05:01 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 396 Likes on 271 Posts

A Ford won't be keyed or cut-off on the road as easily as a foreign sports car. There's definitely prejudice/envy out there. It was not so in this country not so long ago. That does not stop me from driving a 911 though.
Old 11-15-2009, 05:06 PM
ELUSIVE
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

For what its worth, I think the new Taurus SHO is a pretty good looking car.
Old 11-15-2009, 05:12 PM
jpcourt
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you should rethink this... I mean after the long rehabilitation of your back should you really be driving such a machine like the SHO Taurus, this could set you back years... my advice, just make do with your lowly CS2 and leave that SHO Taurus as just a dream car.
Old 11-15-2009, 05:15 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 396 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by jpcourt
I think you should rethink this... I mean after the long rehabilitation of your back should you really be driving such a machine like the SHO Taurus, this could set you back years... my advice, just make do with your lowly CS2 and leave that SHO Taurus as just a dream car.
Great advice.
Old 11-15-2009, 05:41 PM
Rambler358
Instructor

Huh - OldGuy, are you really serious? The Taurus SHO just looks like most any other sedan to me.
Old 11-15-2009, 05:54 PM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by OldGuy
I heard a commercial yesterday about the Ford Taurus SHO!! I have to get one.
The guy on the commercial said that when he valet parks it that even with the Mercedes and Porsches and Bugattis the Valet guy parks the FORD up FRONT!!!!
Why are we even BOTHERING with Porsche!! The guy in the commercial said that he has people HONKING at him iand giving him the THUMBS UP n traffic!!! How ELSE would you judge the value of your car!!?? I cant wait!! I may just trade IN my 911 instead of selling it, I dont know if I can hold out as long as it would take to sell it. They are SO hawt they even have one in my little town!! With all the hot new American cars like the Charger and the new Camaro its been hard on me with my relationship with Porsche but this was the last straw. I cant take this any longer- I have to buy a FORD!!! I mean when I go to bed at night and close my eyes thats the first thing that comes into my minds eye is that Ford Taurus SHO!!!! Oh Sure I have lusted for the Ferraris and such but I cant resist this one. The honking in traffic is TOO much, I have to own a SHO!!!! Taurus's were hot to begin with but now the SHO!! I just cant take it!! When I go to Walgreens there were always lots of Tauruses in the parking lot, but I have been able to resist till now. BUT NO MORE!!
Why would you want the word Carrera S on your car when you have *S*H*O* on YOUR bumper!!! I almost went over the edge with the Taurus *S*E*!!! But
this is TOO much!!

I've got a Ford that will rip your 997 09 C2S PDK a new *******. Just saying.
Old 11-15-2009, 05:59 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Ramble No I wasnt serious. In fact I almost had a wreck yesterday laughing from the Ford commercial.
I cant believe they were actually serious, with that commercial. The guy said he HAD a E55 but THIS SHO was something else. I thought there was supposed to be *some* truth in a commercial but that ford commercial was laughable. Like people were going to stop in traffic for a ford taurus.
Yea I will probabaly leave the SHO as a dream car.
Old 11-15-2009, 06:02 PM
RollingArt
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Para82

OUCH !!!

Bring it OldMan...

Phil
amerlemans
Rennlist Member

Don't you just love the modest demeanor of Porsche owners.
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Look I hurt myself laughing at the Ford commercial yesterday, unless you have a 69 ford gt your going to make me reach for the pain pills again. A ford that would make rip my C2S a new *******, what in a truck pulling contest? LOL! There is not a Ford in the last 30 years that could touch a 997.2 S on the track. Including the new GT with its F-150 motor. Unless youre talking about your trailer park drag strip?
Old 11-15-2009, 06:04 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Don't you just love the modest demeanor of Porsche owners.
You know what? We dont have to be modest in our own freaking forums! If I was in a Corvette forum then yea, but get real.
This was supposed to be somewhat a humorus take on a joke of a commercial of a car company thats going down the toilet,
but what we are supposed to be PC in our own freaking forum? Maybe you would feel more PC in a Toyota Prius forum?
Old 11-15-2009, 06:12 PM
Dave07997S
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I actually like the SHO's. There is one already running 12's with just a tune. Would I take a SHO over my 997? No, but once again 2 different cars.

Dave
Old 11-15-2009, 06:15 PM
John Velasco
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Every time I hear that commercial I giggle as well. I remember back many years ago the came out with this same car, I believe it was stated as "Supper High Output" not "Shoe" oh sorry "Show". Got to love those marketing guys.

This commercial is a sad day for car culture, come on "Show"!
Old 11-15-2009, 06:15 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

There is nothing wrong with the car if thats what you want to do, hang out at the drag strip.
Typically 911 guys (excepting some TT guys) dont hang out at the drag strip. They usually ditch
that with the mullet.
It was the commercial that was over the top. I dont think there was a shred of truth to it.

Quick Reply: Selling my 911....