Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Selling my 911....

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 02:15 AM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

OldGuy check out the latest MotorTrend, there is a 735 hp Shelby SuperSnake and a 700 hp Hennessy Camaro on the cover. They put them to the test.

Unfortunately Shelby sent the car to MotorTrend with worthless rear 275 Pirellis - cost them serious performance - the Shelby community went bull**** over this.
Old 11-16-2009, 02:21 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 51 Likes on 11 Posts

Para its on the Website now?
Old 11-16-2009, 02:41 AM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...son/index.html
Old 11-16-2009, 02:45 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

thanks and I appreciate all that have written to settle this thing. All but one. Only one hasnt settled or realized he was a *****. thats everyone!!!!
Old 11-16-2009, 11:17 AM
CarGuy21
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OldGuy
You know what? We dont have to be modest in our own freaking forums! If I was in a Corvette forum then yea, but get real.
This was supposed to be somewhat a humorus take on a joke of a commercial of a car company thats going down the toilet,
but what we are supposed to be PC in our own freaking forum? Maybe you would feel more PC in a Toyota Prius forum?
Hey, I picked up on the joke right away. Maybe that's because I drive an Audi and only lust after a C2S for now.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:30 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Hey an Audi is a hell of a car now. You just dont go hands down BMW any more. The Audi is up there in all classes. I even considered a R8 instead of the C2S (for a couple seconds). Many Audis are the class in many classes of cars. Go see your Porsche guy and find your self a 09 and get a ret hot discount.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:41 AM
CarGuy21
Instructor

Originally Posted by MessyMarvin
I am thinking about buying one anyway, Salt and Sand washes off a Porsche the same as it does any other car.
+1
Old 11-16-2009, 12:05 PM
CarGuy21
Instructor

Hey an Audi is a hell of a car now. You just dont go hands down BMW any more. The Audi is up there in all classes. I even considered a R8 instead of the C2S (for a couple seconds). Many Audis are the class in many classes of cars. Go see your Porsche guy and find your self a 09 and get a ret hot discount.
Thanks!! Mine is an '01 A6 2.7T with a slew of mods. I track it about 3 or 4 times a year when I can. I too considered an R8 but it's not a 2 + 2 as is the 911 and anything else you've got to spend 10 - 15K just to make it track worthy with a minimum of brakes and suspension.

I did drive an '09 C2S on Saturday. I'm hooked. The salesperson was great. Let me take my time and even offered to let me drive a car with Sports PASM on it to compare it to the standard PASM car. He didn't recommend the Sports system given that I'm driving the car in the Chicago area as opposed to California where the streets are kinder to cars and suspensions and that I'm not planning on doing a ton of DEs every year.

Timing being what it is it will be awhile before I get into a P-car but the time is coming. It's tough to be patient.
Old 11-16-2009, 12:06 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 864 Likes on 590 Posts

thanks and I appreciate all that have written to settle this thing. All but one. Only one hasnt settled or realized he was a *****. thats everyone!!!!
I've read the whole thread (think I understand it) and both arent blameless. Takes 2 to kiss and make up even on your forum OG
Old 11-16-2009, 01:31 PM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by rodsky
I've read the whole thread (think I understand it) and both arent blameless. Takes 2 to kiss and make up even on your forum OG

+1

Reminds me of the old Ford vs Chevy debates.
Old 11-16-2009, 02:56 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

I heard a commercial yesterday about the Ford Taurus SHO!! I have to get one.
The guy on the commercial said that when he valet parks it that even with the Mercedes and Porsches and Bugattis the Valet guy parks the FORD up FRONT!!!!
Why are we even BOTHERING with Porsche!! The guy in the commercial said that he has people HONKING at him iand giving him the THUMBS UP n traffic!!! How ELSE would you judge the value of your car!!?? I cant wait!! I may just trade IN my 911 instead of selling it, I dont know if I can hold out as long as it would take to sell it. They are SO hawt they even have one in my little town!! With all the hot new American cars like the Charger and the new Camaro its been hard on me with my relationship with Porsche but this was the last straw. I cant take this any longer- I have to buy a FORD!!! I mean when I go to bed at night and close my eyes thats the first thing that comes into my minds eye is that Ford Taurus SHO!!!! Oh Sure I have lusted for the Ferraris and such but I cant resist this one. The honking in traffic is TOO much, I have to own a SHO!!!! Taurus's were hot to begin with but now the SHO!! I just cant take it!! When I go to Walgreens there were always lots of Tauruses in the parking lot, but I have been able to resist till now. BUT NO MORE!!
Why would you want the word Carrera S on your car when you have *S*H*O* on YOUR bumper!!! I almost went over the edge with the Taurus *S*E*!!! But
this is TOO much!!
As I friend please call me so we can talk you down off the ledge. The Ford is a fantastic car my only concern is that after all the hard work you have put in rehabbing your back are you really sure you want to drive such a neck snapping performance car? Remember they bill it as the gas saving thirst of a v6 with all the power of an 8. I would also be concerned about all the rubber necking you'd be doing at chicks literally throw their panties at you as you drove that thing around or worse tackled you as you got in or out of that front space at the Valet stand.

Please call me let’s talk about this before something happens you have my numbers

Your friend
Howard
Old 11-16-2009, 02:59 PM
vman4639
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I heard a commercial yesterday about the Ford Taurus SHO!! I have to get one.
Hey - OldGuy - just a quick note that I found your posts funny - very funny. I love the Mullet comment. PC is no fun anyway.

If people are taking you literally - shame on them - it started as a joke. If they are taking it too seriously, maybe it hits too close to home - in which case act like an adult / be able to laugh about it / provide a witty comeback as opposed to insults.

Don't let this **** you off into being insulting as well - keep it funny!

Anyway - thanks for an entertaining morning
Old 11-16-2009, 03:06 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

Wow I just read the rest of this thread, it was pretty clear this was in humor from the get go.

Hey I have a 2001 A6 27.t with the manual gear box and its a great car and fun to drive even in the winter here.

Old guy see what you touched off? Man you're always causing trouble LOL
Old 11-16-2009, 04:37 PM
vman4639
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Para82
It is absolutely worth it though, the stock GT500 has a worthless suspension but when you address that weakness with Koni Coilovers, Watts Link, Torque Arm Brace and Lower Control Arms - you have a car that handles as well as it accelerates.
Your post reminded me of this Top Gear episode:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyD5EAw2TX0

timecode: 1:50 and 4:20 relate, but the entire vid is worth watching. I'm sure this is dated, and based on your post it seems like some of these issues may have been addressed.

What I found interesting are the suspension issues, and the fact that 500HP (well, 447 - still a ton) results in a 0-60 time slower than my 997.

I like the classic mustang in the vid a lot!
Old 11-16-2009, 04:58 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Trader it was APPARENT that those who took offense werent reading EVERYTHING. Even Marvin said he didnt pick up where I said (3 times) HUMOR MODE ON. Para got it. Once Marvin went back and read everything it was pretty clear.

ONCE we got EVERYONE (but one empty-headed ADD type) to READ everything it was apparent that it was nothing but some Porsche locker room humor. WHICH should be allowed in a FREE country. Of course the problem with Freedom of Speech ASSUMES that those afforded those Freedoms can READ AND COMPREHEND what is being said.

For Rodsky to find some blame with me, then that says to me he didnt read everything I wrote, or you didnt understand the satire. I cant be more CLEAR when exchanging barbs by saying HUMOR MODE ON. That means everything I said was tongue in cheek. Why Ameritrash took offense was clearly he didnt READ EVERYTHING. Nor did he COMPREHEND what I said. So there is no excuse for his diatribe. So the only one who had a problem with this is Ameritrash. Everyone else who read everything that was written in JEST, is now on the same page and I appreciate that.

Quick Reply: Selling my 911....