Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeh...
Old 11-15-2009, 10:49 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

John
I should have told you my joke personally. You got it right away. Seems like as the 997 gets longer in the tooth the more and wannabes get over here. The lower and lower the intellect gets. This has been a solid forum for a long time. Maybe not so much anymore. That someone would take offense to a joke about a commercial really says alot about that person. THEN the person admits he has never SEEN the commercial on the RADIO, well that explains it all. I should have kept my humor on the GT3 site, they, like you John seem to have above average comprehension skills.
Old 11-15-2009, 10:56 PM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

While i've got your attention please refer to the following source of Porsche killing suspension work.... www.griggsracing.com

If you've been up against Griggs Mustangs on the track then you know not to mess with them!
Old 11-15-2009, 11:11 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Para first of all I appreciate you being an adult in this and being mature with the humor. Alot better than some other idividuals who some how got on the Porsche bandwagon. Give me a shelby with suspension work on the track then you have a car that may be able to keep up with a Porsche on the track. I think 700 hp is overkill and typically I dont see mustangs on the track. I dont worry about them. I actually have no idea on how they handle since I have never seen one. I can tell you if I see a corvette up ahead I know I can outbrake the vette. Even the Z06 requires a brake upgrade to go on the track without cooking the rotors. Even then I know I can out brake it in the corners and on top of that the vette guys (excepting the few that get the cars prepared) arent that good at driving out here. I have a friend who went from a 993 TT to a c5 Z06 that he prepared for the track and he was an excellent driver but he had honed his skills on the 911. Now he is a SCCA guy. So I dont know what I would do if I saw a shelby. Would the guy even put it on the track? The ones I have seen are garage queens.
The stock suspension on the 911 and especially on the GT3 is track ready. I will check out griggsracing.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:14 PM
amerlemans
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OldGuy
Youre a fu@king moron, you confirmed it in the other thread . Go ahead you belong in the Z06 forum.
Your comprehension skills are a joke. You brought up Scuds, I don't know why because its now obvious you would never be in smelling distance of a Ferrrari. Why you brought up Scuds is the mystery. It had nothing to do with anything I said. Also I never said a 997.2 was in the same performance range as a Z06. I was talking about GT3s. But since its obvious you are a joke upon humanity go ahead, I am sure even Corvette guys can comprehend better than you. They probably wont understand your lack of reasoning or how you skip around in your ADD head. Because I know I dont and I am an engineer I am supposed to understand scientific problems but you are a medical mystery even to me. Running off to your friends in the trailer park forum is a specific trait though and I am sure they will welcome you with open Pabst cans. At least I know I wont have to worry about seeing you at the track.
Youre now on my ignore list which wont be a problem as long as you stay on the trailer park forums.
What a dope. How did you ever progress from a corvette to a Porsche? You should go back.
Amazing, I will be sure to honk at you when I drive by the Ford lot.
Look ********, I've already shown your thick skull countless times where you said that Porsche's are better than Ferrari's and Lambos. I mentioned the Scud because you said your 996 GT3 was kicking everyone's *** on the track including a Stradale.

This is your comment about the 997.2 C2S PDK

v v v v v v v v
AND YOUR WRONG a Z06 wouldn't rip a 997.2 C2S PDK

psst, by the way -- the word is you're not your

Then you go on to say that the C6Z06 was a boat That would be a first that anyone has referred to a C6Z as a boat. The two cars are the same damn size and within 75 lbs of each other dip****.

I'm not carrying the water for the Z06 or Ford or anybody else. You just look like a ****ing jackass thinking a Porsche 911 is a world beater. Its a terrific car as are countless others out there. Your elitist attitude is appalling.

All of this still doesn't diminish from the fact that a stupid commercial about a 4dr Ford sedan got under your skin enough to post a thread here on a Porsche forum

That's the funniest thing about all of this.

Sorry I can't stay up and play somemore but I gotta get some rest before working the McDonald's drive-thru winidow tomorrow morning...gotta pay the lot rent for my trailer.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:16 PM
Para82
Race Car

I work at Macdonalds too

Old 11-15-2009, 11:20 PM
brendo
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by amerlemans
Look ********,
^ right out of Dale Carnegie's stable

lots of drinking today, i take it
Old 11-15-2009, 11:23 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

^ right out of Dale Carnegie's stable

lots of drinking today, i take it
It obvious he drinks WAY too much Lots of Pabsts at the trailer park
Old 11-15-2009, 11:25 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Para I am not seeing a whole lot of suspension parts at Grigs racing.
I am not trembling in my puma boots here.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:26 PM
Para82
Race Car

OldGuy - here is the product I am referring too from them... http://www.griggsracing.com/index.ph...4309_4320_4329 (scroll down the bottom)

I have the base SS system with an optional Watts Link.

On a sidenote- this stuff isn't cheap, you will see that some of the Griggs GR40 systems go for up to $18,000 (and that's before installation).

It is absolutely worth it though, the stock GT500 has a worthless suspension but when you address that weakness with Koni Coilovers, Watts Link, Torque Arm Brace and Lower Control Arms - you have a car that handles as well as it accelerates. The 5.4 litre V8 in the GT500 and Ford GT is a stout setup. It's forged and can handle over 900 hp on the stock pistons. No the GT500 is not out of the box track ready like a Porsche but for 47k and about 8k (Griggs/blower upgrade) you get something that few cars can keep up with both on the street and track. It's the relatively inexpensive potential that drew me into buying this car. That and the Shelby name has great racing heritage. Shelby owners are very much like Porsche owners in their respect and appreciation for their cars. Ownership has been lots of fun in a great community.

Also the sound is unmatched!
Old 11-15-2009, 11:35 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

There is no doubt about american muscle sound, you can hear it coming at the track. 18K for the supsension upgrade? WOW! whats the stock setup?
Whats on your Shelby?
I like the way they have levels of what you can do, from autocross to the full shebang. At least you can work your way up
But like you say its not cheap. the first level on a 911 Bilstien setup is $3k before installation on a PSS10 setup for a turbo
Old 11-15-2009, 11:35 PM
MessyMarvin
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

So its OK to come in here not read whats being written call other people ******** for being humorous but its not OK to be snotty while telling a joke? even when I said I was in Humor mode? The only time I was snotting was talking to Para82 and even HE got the joke! Jeesh I have been hear for most of a decade with seven thousand posts make fun of a DUMB Ford commercial and people who cant read and Didnt SEE the commercial on the radio come in here and call ME an *******. Where is the respect? Where is the respect for the truth?
I still love you too Dave!
I thought your original post was funny, it was after that when your responses were out of line, just my opinion.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:41 PM
MessyMarvin
Rennlist Member

By the way I would love to meet a 997S on the road and dust it with my Shelby as well. I do not track, but am told by others that have my car it is an excellent car. I love P-Cars as well, thinking about getting another as a Daily Driver, but my Shelby will never be replaced.
Attached Images   
Old 11-15-2009, 11:46 PM
Para82
Race Car

There is no doubt about american muscle sound, you can hear it coming at the track. 18K for the supsension upgrade? WOW! whats the stock setup?
Whats on your Shelby?
I like the way they have levels of what you can do, from autocross to the full shebang. At least you can work your way up
But like you say its not cheap. the first level on a 911 Bilstien setup is $3k before installation on a PSS10 setup for a turbo
My Shelby has the GR40 SS kit with optional Watts Link ... http://www.griggsracing.com/product_...roducts_id=603

Cost roughly 4k delivered.

It's a 3800 lb car so it's not as nimble/quick as a 911 obviously but it is totally glued down in the turns and way beyond my driving ability.

The 2008 GT500 comes stock with the following:

Front Reverse-L independent MacPherson strut, 34-mm tubular stabilizer bar

Rear Three-link solid axle with coil springs, Panhard rod, 24-mm solid stabilizer bar

2010 has been revised for a much better setup similar to the GT500KR.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:46 PM
MessyMarvin
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Para82
OldGuy - here is the product I am referring too from them... http://www.griggsracing.com/index.ph...4309_4320_4329 (scroll down the bottom)

I have the base SS system with an optional Watts Link.

On a sidenote- this stuff isn't cheap, you will see that some of the Griggs GR40 systems go for up to $18,000 (and that's before installation).

It is absolutely worth it though, the stock GT500 has a worthless suspension but when you address that weakness with Koni Coilovers, Watts Link, Torque Arm Brace and Lower Control Arms - you have a car that handles as well as it accelerates. The 5.4 litre V8 in the GT500 and Ford GT is a stout setup. It's forged and can handle over 900 hp on the stock pistons. No the GT500 is not out of the box track ready like a Porsche but for 47k and about 8k (Griggs/blower upgrade) you get something that few cars can keep up with both on the street and track. It's the relatively inexpensive potential that drew me into buying this car. That and the Shelby name has great racing heritage. Shelby owners are very much like Porsche owners in their respect and appreciation for their cars. Ownership has been lots of fun in a great community.

Also the sound is unmatched!
Agreed Para, the Sound of the American 8 can not be matched, I love it.

Sounds like you have a hell of a GT500, I went the Shelby GT route and sent it to Tasca, thing is a beast.

P-Cars are fantastic Cars, if I did not live in New England I would have one as a Daily Driver. I am thinking about buying one anyway, Salt and Sand washes off a Porsche the same as it does any other car.

Quick Reply: Selling my 911....