Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Selling my 911....

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 11:47 PM
MessyMarvin
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

By the way very nice stable Old Guy, would love to own those cars. You should give the GT500 a shot, I think it would surprise you.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:48 PM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by MessyMarvin
By the way I would love to meet a 997S on the road and dust it with my Shelby as well. I do not track, but am told by others that have my car it is an excellent car. I love P-Cars as well, thinking about getting another as a Daily Driver, but my Shelby will never be replaced.
Beautiful! Marvin what does Tasca option include?
Old 11-16-2009, 12:04 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 51 Likes on 11 Posts

Marvin did you not see where I said humor mode was on? I was talking to Para and I told him at the end of each post humor mode was on. He had no problem with it yet you want to call me an *******. If I was being serious and I didnt SAY humor mode on then yes you would have full right to call me an *******. But para and I were having a good humored exchange and he took it that way. His throwback to me was he was going to eat my lunch at the Corkscrew. I didn't have a problem with that. He could have, in that exchange since I opened it up with the humor mode (and the WHOLE thread was SUPPOSED to be funny about a over the top commercial), Called me a ***** or used the Porsche jokes what ever he wanted in that exchange. But outside that to call me an ******* was uncalled for. You could have justified it saying why you thought so. But to just come on here outside of the conversation that started as a joke, was continuing as a joke IN a PORSCHE forum that I have been a part of for YEARS, and call me an ******* is uncalled for. But everything I said was toungue cheek. I would have kept saying HUMOR MODE STILL on. Apparently Para82 completely understood. I appreciate you telling me why though.

Thats alot better than what Ameritrash did. Making it clear that he didnt understand my humor, then burying himself further by making it personal by somehow suggesting that Lambo and Ferraris are better than Porsches and they are over my head. He displayed more ignorance about the market, not realizing what 997.1 GT3s and RS were going for 2 years ago. Then somehow suggesting that Z06s were better than GT3s. When clearly those cars arent usually in the discussion when someone is buying a GT3, unless maybe like Ameritrash his financial choices are extremely limited.
When I have driven both and thought about both when buying my 2nd GT3. I guess masking his own inadequacy about his failures in his pathetic life.

Dont be so quick to assume that you would dust a 997.2 C2S. Its 0-60 time is 3-8. I dont know what the shelby is but my last DD was the AMG C63 with over 500hp. It was not as quick as this car. It certainly was heavier. With the New PDK its REALLY quick and can shift faster than you or I.
The proper place to check your car out IS the track however. Then you can gauge it with other cars
all over the place, braking, down the straights, etc.
The proper place to test your car is on the track

Again I appreciate you telling my why I can understand it now.
Thanks for the stable comments.
Old 11-16-2009, 12:23 AM
sizquik
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A SHO is far more exotic in these parts than a 997. 911's grow on trees here.
Old 11-16-2009, 12:32 AM
MessyMarvin
Rennlist Member

I did miss that part, my fault Sir

By the way I do not street race, I agree 100% that is stupid. I do have fun here and there, but only up to normal speeds.

3.8 to 60 would certainly beat my car but only because it is difficult to get hooked up. On a Roll I think it would be fun. Th weight being over the back tires is a big advantage for the 911 to 60.

All in fun OG, I will change my post Sir
Old 11-16-2009, 12:37 AM
brendo
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sizquik
A SHO is far more exotic in these parts than a 997. 911's grow on trees here.
where are those trees?

we had an original SHO - absolutely loved the stealth concept of it but alas, it did not deliver on so many fronts. now, the E55 meets my needs.

American muscle is awesome, just not my cup of tea these days.
Old 11-16-2009, 12:50 AM
John Velasco
Burning Brakes

I don't think I care so much, but can I see your ford in 30 years with 250,000 miles. You get what you pay for. I have owned a few fords in time; cars and trucks, but damn you cant take any of the ford's off the lot and think it will feel like any of the currant Porsches. I know GT40 Bla Bla. It is the same with a Z06 and other. I have had a couple of F-Cars but you give back 10.00 for every mile, with a Porsche you don't. So pick your weapon and move on....
Old 11-16-2009, 12:50 AM
sizquik
Advanced

Originally Posted by brendorenn
where are those trees?

we had an original SHO - absolutely loved the stealth concept of it but alas, it did not deliver on so many fronts. now, the E55 meets my needs.

American muscle is awesome, just not my cup of tea these days.
Head down to Los Angeles to find those trees. I've finally decided on a 997
.1 Carerra S after driving everything under the sun. I drove a 2010 Caddy CTS-V today and I have to say it was an excellent car with surprisingly good interior quality and fit and finish, much nicer than a C63 I drove a few months back.

I remember one time I was doing a canyon run with someone that had an original SHO and his brakes literally caught fire. The newer one seems a little more stout and porky though. The E55 is a great choice, can't really go wrong with that vehicle at all.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:09 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

THANKS MARVIN! Yea I was poking fun with Para and we had some fun. Now we have a kewl relationship and to be honest I learned some things about that Shelby.
Yea Hooking up those tires is difficult. I roasted the AMG rears in 1900 miles. Thats hard getting them to hook up even in mid throttle But the tires were too small for that car 255s. Whats yours?
no need to call me sir!!
Old 11-16-2009, 01:11 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

sizquik they cancelled the CTS-V anyway, there wouldnt have been many around.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:13 AM
MessyMarvin
Rennlist Member

My rears are 275's, not enough for the 495 RWHP. I love it, very fun weekend car and I have yet to see one exactly like mine.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:16 AM
MessyMarvin
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by John Velasco
I don't think I care so much, but can I see your ford in 30 years with 250,000 miles. You get what you pay for. I have owned a few fords in time; cars and trucks, but damn you cant take any of the ford's off the lot and think it will feel like any of the currant Porsches. I know GT40 Bla Bla. It is the same with a Z06 and other. I have had a couple of F-Cars but you give back 10.00 for every mile, with a Porsche you don't. So pick your weapon and move on....
Not sure any of us were saying it would feel like a Porsche. By the way, many Fords go well over 250,000 miles. 30 years is a different story, but you have to admit Porsche does not make cars the same as they did 30 years ago. I do not think a Porsche would hold up like the ones they made 30 years ago, but time will tell.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:18 AM
John Velasco
Burning Brakes

Maybe...
Old 11-16-2009, 01:18 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I saw a Shelby the other day coming back to the desert from Los Angeles and it was on the trailer. It was a nice looking example. I like Carol, I am from Dallas too. I have always leaned toward Camaros tho. I saw the new Dodge Charger and the Camaro today and I think the Camaro is too big. The Mustangs have always retained their size correctly.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:22 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I think the Porsche today will hold up better than say a mid 90 911. They have improved the build quality and now they are so easy to repair. Very modular. I had the front and rear bumpers off the GT3 and its put together very well so its easy to pull apart and put back together. The mid 90 911 was sorta hand built and it wasnt exactly put together with maintenance in mind

Quick Reply: Selling my 911....