Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Do you get a Porsche loaner.
Yes
50.68%
No
49.32%
Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Does your Porsche dealer give out Porsche loaners?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 03:21 PM
buckwheat987
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock
the fact that porsche says i should get a porsche loaner is the reason im upset for not getting one..

So your saying "Porsche" your dealer told you that you would be getting porsche loaners?

If that is the case then you should be upset.

Or are you saying "porsche" as a whole (like PCNA) says you should get porsche loaners.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:22 PM
JohnAMG
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ucube
When the times were good, I used to get Boxster loaners. Nowadays, all I get are the Enterprise rentals, and only for major service. Otherwise, it's a couch in their posh lounge.
At least you get posh lounge to park your behind. I get to sit in a Bates motel waiting room with a 20 inch CRT tv, Tim Horton munchkin if I am lucky and cheap *** penny coffee. It is definitely not want you expect from a premium German auto brand. I have excellent service from both Mercedes and Lexus and by far Porsche of Buffalo is the worst ever.

John
Old 09-24-2009, 03:27 PM
Spiffyjiff
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

yes, porsche of rockville. usu an audi, but last time got a boxster with PDK. not too shabby considering i've never driven a boxster (never even driven a convertible perviously!) and first time with a PDK.
Old 09-24-2009, 04:58 PM
Caughtacab911
Instructor

I've never had a Porsche loaner car from either Herb Chambers Burlington (where I bought) or Porsche of Nashua (NH), where I also get service done. Every time it's been a new Audi, A4 or A6. Only once did Nashua offer me a Boxster, which I totally hadn't planned on and couldn't accept because that day I needed the Audi to carry some things around. I doubt they'll offer again, but even so the Audi's aren't bad.

Gene
Old 09-24-2009, 05:12 PM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,037 Likes on 734 Posts

Originally Posted by mambodoc
MY experience...Suncoast Porsche in Sarasota...impeccable personal attention and ALWAYS a Porsche loaner. Cannot speak highly enough of Ron...gen mgr, Herb...service mgr, Tom...sales.
+1. I usually get a pepper but had Boxsters and Caymans too. And oil changes are $250 instead of $600 that some dealers think it's worth.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:19 PM
One of Twenty
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What's a dealer and/or a loaner?

If/when one is at the independent tech, I typically drive the other.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:58 PM
gt3rs.
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Brand new jetta here in Quebec,Canada.
Old 09-24-2009, 06:10 PM
ELUSIVE
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by sandwedge
+1. I usually get a pepper but had Boxsters and Caymans too. And oil changes are $250 instead of $600 that some dealers think it's worth.
I pay $160 for oil changes from Porsche of Boulder.
Old 09-24-2009, 06:18 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

Anyone who buys a Porsche from us always gets a Porsche loaner and even most other people who didnt buy from us get a Porsche loaner, Don Rosen Imports outside Philly. We have a fleet of Cayenne and Cayenne S's plus Q7's and A6's for the Audi side
Old 09-24-2009, 06:35 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by buckwheat987
So your saying "Porsche" your dealer told you that you would be getting porsche loaners?

If that is the case then you should be upset.

Or are you saying "porsche" as a whole (like PCNA) says you should get porsche loaners.
i bought out of state, they said that PCNA as a whole states that if you buy the car new then you are entitled to a porsche loaner on service/etc.

its in one of the little booklets as far as perks and such, where it lists the roadside stuff and this and that.

in a nut shell, when i had a honda... i got a honda loaner, when i had an infiniti... i got an infiniti loaner, when i drop the cash for a porsche (Regardless of what DEALS they have going at the time) i feel i should get a porsche loaner, ESPECIALLY when the perks of being a porsche owner pamphlet says that on service/warranty work that a porsche loaner should be given.

bringing the "Deals" and negotiating of the sale into the deal is a moot point, i did not tell PCNA to start giving deals to dump 09's, i saved additional money because i paid the car in cash on the spot versus having them deal with any hassle of checking credit and getting me financed.. the fact that they state if you buy a new porsche you get a porsche loaner was in print far before i bought both my cars and im sure is still in print.. but these dealers are slowly and very sly'ly going away from giving their customers that drop coin a quality/fun loaner.

basically I'm saying "WTF" because doesn't the dealer make money off service? and the fact that one dealer close (Suncoast in sarasota) gives out porsche loaners yet another one (bert smith in St Petersburg) does not...

makes me want to drive the extra 20 minutes to sarasota for all my service and get a cayman/cayenne loaner... versus driving 30 minutes to St. petersburg....

if they all gave porsche loaners, then wouldnt be an issue... i can understand maybe not giving porsche loaners on cayman's and boxter's and low end cayenne's because they are the "lesser" price vehicle... but to deny a boxter when a customer brings in a 911.. just isnt right.

also, the only reason i am a porsche owner is because of the "first mile" test drive i took a few years back, because of that drive i bought a 997 911 over other comparable cars, because of that ownership i bought another 997 911 soon there after.. i feel giving porsche loaners would also be in the best interest of porsche because maybe i would like a cayenne as a second car.. or maybe i would like to give the girlfriend a cayman?... the fact is i have thought of both, but i hate going to the dealer and being forced to drive with some guy who wont shutup and wont stop pushing me to buy the damn car.. i dont need a sales guy to buy a car, if i want the car, i buy the car and do my own research.
Old 09-24-2009, 06:53 PM
richc
Pro

Originally Posted by buckwheat987
I want to ask are the buyers who are upset about not getting a porsche loaner (like the OP) the same ones that are asking for every dollar discount they can get from the same dealer?

just curious.
Nope, I didn't ask for any discounts this morning. I got a lot of reading done, so it wasn't wasted time....and they did have free coffee. Not good coffee, but it was free. They used to have this very nice machine for making coffee, it made an excellent cup of expresso. It's drip coffee now...the fancy machine went away. I noticed the frig that used to be full of water/soda for customers was empty, so I'm not sure I buy into the sales guy mentioning he was "selling all the inventory he could get" - since they still had a new '08 911 on the lot.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:04 PM
buckwheat987
Burning Brakes

i bought out of state, they said that PCNA as a whole states that if you buy the car new then you are entitled to a porsche loaner on service/etc.

its in one of the little booklets as far as perks and such, where it lists the roadside stuff and this and that.

[/B]
I have owned porsches for years and have never heard that. Nor read that.

Maybe it was the dealer you purchased the car from in a brochure but its not a national program.

All dealers are independently owned so they can do what they want. I am not sure who "they" is but since right now the majority of people on your survey are saying no porsche loaner I think "they" got it wrong.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:23 PM
buckwheat987
Burning Brakes

if they all gave porsche loaners, then wouldnt be an issue... i can understand maybe not giving porsche loaners on cayman's and boxter's and low end cayenne's because they are the "lesser" price vehicle... but to deny a boxter when a customer brings in a 911.. just isnt right.

[/B]

great attitude...

...right now you can get a new 911 09 cheaper than some caymans with PDK's...

Whatever. I own two porsches and I don't care it I get a porsche loaner or not.

But I didn't vote since one dealer I purschased from does and one does not.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:11 PM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

Never there except for an oil change. Test drove a new S with PDK so I waited for it. So far its been bullet proof.
Old 09-24-2009, 09:25 PM
peterm
Racer

Porsche roslyn here on Long Island- they only have cayennes and boxsters (they may have even retired them) I alsways get a loaner especially since Im on car five from them. In truth these cars rarely need much work. that being said Im sure oil is pouring out of my rms as i write this

Quick Reply: Does your Porsche dealer give out Porsche loaners?