Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Do you get a Porsche loaner.
Yes
50.68%
No
49.32%
Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Does your Porsche dealer give out Porsche loaners?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 11:00 AM
Scott997
Former Vendor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The Porsche dealer in Atlantic City, NJ, Precision, doesn't give Porsche loaners, but the next best thing. a Benz. Amazing how a much smaller dealer can take care of you better sometimes.
Old 11-15-2011, 06:05 PM
ksdprasad
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ksdprasad
same here with Paulmiller Porche in Parsippany, nj. They dont give porsche loaners either.
But gave LR2 loaner once.
anyone in North NJ gives Porsche loaners?
Old 11-15-2011, 07:30 PM
X51
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

Yes in Omaha - usually Cayennes - it's a Premier Porsche dealership. If they're out I get a Hertz loaner, but never have to pay.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:23 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 375 Likes on 225 Posts

It's funny because I was looking for a thread to find out other people's experiences with loaners from the dealer and I find this where the OP is complaining that he doesn't get Porsche loaners when he goes for service. How about no loaner at all?! Zero....Squat...Nada!!!
I live 100 miles from the dealer where I've purchased my 911,but that didn't stop me from going there for service as well.
Give me a Kia,Hyundai...whatever...I'll take it! I just want to make it back home.
All I got was a ride to the train station.
Most common excuse : ' We don't give loaners on Saturday '
A new one now : ' We're backed up with the loaners by 2 months '
I have yet to hear another in the future...
Porsche of the Main Line.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:31 PM
deijmaster
Advanced

No, Porsche Lauzon in Montreal, Canada. Got a VW jetta. One good thing about the loaner was that it put me to sleep so I had a great night.
Old 04-26-2012, 03:52 PM
PHX 911
Official Rennlist Snake Slayer
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Porsche North Scottsdale will soon be loaning base Panamera's, or so they say.
I was in there a couple weeks ago and was told that by the service advisor.
In the mean time, the gave me an Avis rental, which I ended up with a Lincoln MKS, which was actually a pretty nice car. If I'd taken the original Civic, it would have been free, so instead I paid $25 ton upgrade to the MKS.
When they get the Panamera's in, I'm going to have a lot more car trouble.....
Old 04-26-2012, 08:43 PM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 91 Posts

Had a 2012 Cayenne S Hybrid for two days. Nice loaner from Schneider Nelson in West Long Branch, NJ.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:30 PM
USMC_DS1
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

Porsche in Austin(Roger Beasley)... the only p-dealer in town provides a Subaru as a loaner. It's part of their "brilliant" marketing strategy to get customers into a Forester. Roger-B, of course, also owns the Subaru dealership down the street... the strategy has been so successful I have yet to buy a p-car from them.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:35 PM
Chris from Cali
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Porsche of Tyson's now loans Audi A3s - a big improvement over the ****boxes they previously "rented".
Old 09-25-2012, 08:53 AM
sirish19
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

In Japan, I've had a Cayenne S, Panamera, a Boxter (I had requested the 911 but they had given out to someone else earlier in the day) as well as a BMW X1.
Old 09-25-2012, 02:57 PM
jes999
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by PHX 911
Porsche North Scottsdale will soon be loaning base Panamera's, or so they say.
I was in there a couple weeks ago and was told that by the service advisor.
In the mean time, the gave me an Avis rental, which I ended up with a Lincoln MKS, which was actually a pretty nice car. If I'd taken the original Civic, it would have been free, so instead I paid $25 ton upgrade to the MKS.
When they get the Panamera's in, I'm going to have a lot more car trouble.....
Porsche North Scottsdale does now have a pretty big fleet of Panameras for loaners. However, they are supposedly only for customers with cars that are in for warranty work, not for regular maintenance or out of warranty repairs. Not sure if they still have any of the VW CCs and Jettas that they were using as loaners for any work just prior to the arrival of the Panameras. On two recent visits for minor warranty issues on the Cayenne GTS I was given a Panamera one time and an Avis rental the other since all of the Panameras were already loaned out.
Old 09-25-2012, 04:53 PM
trevor9098
Advanced

Got a Honda from Hennessy Porsche, then I got a 2011 Ford Escape (beat-up) through Hertz. Not impressed. I asked the GM about this practice, and was given the old "well, you didn't buy it here spiel". Lame.
Old 09-25-2012, 05:14 PM
Little Green
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 48 Posts

My P car dealer Porsche of the Main Line near Philly gives me either a Cayenne or Panamera loaner with enough notice(scheduled service a week or two ahead of time). If they can;t get me a loaner they will pick up my car at work and drop it back off.
I love my dealer most of the time
Old 09-25-2012, 06:14 PM
solomonschris
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Porsche of Annapolis gave me a 991S with PDK as loaner.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:20 PM
simsgw
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock
[...] so im asking, does your personal dealer give out porsche loaners for warranty and service work? if so, post in the poll but also post saying who to give them some praise for doing the right thing...
I feel almost guilty saying yes, but it's true. Auto Gallery in Woodland Hills north of Los Angeles. Normally, I just sit and read in their comfortable waiting room for an hour or so to get routine service. If it's a couple of hours, they give me a ride in ... something I never noticed, perhaps a Cayenne... to a nearby restaurant or country club for lunch. But last month, I needed some special work done and the shop manager wanted the car "for a couple of days" so as not to hurry the work. They gave me a Carrera S like my own, except three years newer and with PDK. Naturally. And it wasn't an unusual loaner "just for me" or something like that. The brilliant red example has their name blazoned across the top of the windshield.

I drove it sixty miles to a hotel in a town I needed to stay that week. I allowed valet parking since they clearly handled exotics routinely, and the valet complimented me on the beautiful car. Got a kick out of saying "Oh, it's just a loaner."

Got a call the next morning asking if I'd mind coming back that day because they finished the work already. I finished breakfast and returned to Woodland Hills, so I got to try back-to-back runs of the same set of freeways alternating my six-speed C2S with a matching PDK. Very interesting. Also, very good dealer. Highly recommended.

Good hotel too, but that's a different thread.

Gary

Quick Reply: Does your Porsche dealer give out Porsche loaners?