Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Do you get a Porsche loaner.
Yes
50.68%
No
49.32%
Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Does your Porsche dealer give out Porsche loaners?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 02:34 PM
simsgw
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock
i bought out of state, they said that PCNA as a whole states that if you buy the car new then you are entitled to a porsche loaner on service/etc. [...]
also, the only reason i am a porsche owner is because of the "first mile" test drive i took a few years back, because of that drive i bought a 997 911 over other comparable cars, because of that ownership i bought another 997 911 soon there after.. i feel giving porsche loaners would also be in the best interest of porsche because maybe i would like a cayenne as a second car.. or maybe i would like to give the girlfriend a cayman?... the fact is i have thought of both, but i hate going to the dealer and being forced to drive with some guy who wont shutup and wont stop pushing me to buy the damn car.. i dont need a sales guy to buy a car, if i want the car, i buy the car and do my own research.
Wow, you really need to think about using a different dealer. I don't believe I've ever taken a test drive where the salesman wanted to ride along. We drove several examples of Boxster, Cayman, and Carreras before choosing our C2S, and occasionally I'll be interested enough to test a GT3 or something while my Carrera is in for service. The interest and attention from the sales department is what you'd expect, but wanting to come along? Of course, I didn't buy mine in another state, and I don't look like I plan to drive the wheels off their car because fifteen minutes in a GT3 is my shot at glory. Such things matter.

Gary
Old 09-26-2012, 02:51 PM
simsgw
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by GuyIncognito
my old dealer (Parktown Porsche in Kirkwood MO) not only sponsored the local PCA track days, when Gateway was still operational; they would do track day tech inspections for free

To me that was worth 100 cocktail receptions for new vehicle launches.
Geez. Didn't know this was an issue or I'd have mentioned it. Auto Gallery sponsors events also, as do Circle Porsche in Long Beach and Downtown LA Porsche. Auto Gallery do my track day tech inspections and I suppose the others would as well. And Auto Gallery know I'm a PCA instructor. I get the feeling the car's condition speaks for my treatment of it on and off the track, so it's no big deal.

Mind you, I don't have any mods that impose a points penalty. Evaluating mods requires that a PCA-approved shop do the inspection. A dealer could ask to be put on our PCA-approved list, but it isn't usual.

Gary
Old 09-27-2012, 12:05 PM
DYKWIA
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think pretty much every Porsche dealer in the UK gives their customers Porsche loaners. Bit of a lottery as to what you might get, but they are always very new and you tend to get somethig fairly close to your own car. My local dealer has a load of 991 customer cars right now, so looking forward to trying one of those next time :-)
Old 09-27-2012, 12:27 PM
At Law
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Absolutely. Always get a Porsche loaner from Porsche of Omaha. Going up there tomorrow for my 20k mile service.

Have always received Cayennes or Gaymans as loaners.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:42 PM
Ptech1
Racer

Received 72 Likes on 36 Posts

My dealer, Porsche of Orlando, has a fleet of Panameras and Cayennes available for any type of service, not just for special occasions or warranty. Also had several 997 Cabs before they were cycled out. Never really thought anything of it until now...
Old 09-27-2012, 11:11 PM
darthhowie
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Older Cayennes are loaners at my dealer.

Quick Reply: Does your Porsche dealer give out Porsche loaners?