Sponsored by:

PDK updates....

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 05:29 AM
JSeven
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by docjackson1
i test drove a pdk and when it was in its most agressive setting (sport plus?) it seemed to shift a bit rough and at high rpm. y.
It is suposed to shift like that, that´s why is so funny to use the SP+ at high revs, the kick in the back is pure joy

J.Seven
Old 09-16-2009, 02:35 PM
rsdarcan
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just took my car in about this update and it is a service campaign!
Old 09-16-2009, 04:01 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 396 Likes on 271 Posts

JSeven's car is a 2010 model. However, as posted before, there are software updates that update the PDK, dealer negation notwithstanding.
Old 09-16-2009, 05:08 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rsdarcan
I just took my car in about this update and it is a service campaign!
so this is for sure now?
Old 09-16-2009, 05:32 PM
rsdarcan
Advanced

They are doing mine next Thursday! My Service Rep told me it was a Campaign! I guess thats a yes!
Old 09-16-2009, 09:44 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 396 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock
so this is for sure now?
It has been 'for sure' for a long time (many months). You just trusted your uninformed or careless dealers more than members of this forum who actually knew better.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:54 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ADias
It has been 'for sure' for a long time (many months). You just trusted your uninformed or careless dealers more than members of this forum who actually knew better.
me? when i bought my car they said they did the update, my question was to the guy who said "his 7th gear now shifts at 53 instead of 47 after update" and my car shifts into 7th at 47 and they said they did the update, so i was trying to find out if the update actually was done or if there is another.

i have no way of knowing if the update was done if their isnt a way to tell (i dont have sport mode, so i cant check a rough 2->1, but my 7th changes at 47mph, does everyone elses?
Old 09-16-2009, 11:16 PM
Bijan
Rennlist Member

Would be nice to see a copy of the TSB
Old 09-17-2009, 12:07 AM
stevepow
Three Wheelin'

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Bijan
Would be nice to see a copy of the TSB
Yes it would. Or some service work order that cites it having been done. Maybe one of those who is having it done "soon" can provide some detail after the fact.
Old 09-17-2009, 12:13 AM
canuckporsche
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Yes, if someone has a copy of the TSB please post it! Also if you have the name of someone at PCNA that is aware and admits its existence that would be great.
Old 09-17-2009, 07:10 PM
Chris from Cali
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ADias
I can say this til I'm blue in the face, but THE DEALERS DON'T KNOW ABOUT IT, THUS WON'T FIX SOMETHING THEY DON'T KNOW ABOUT.

Do you have ANY reference, TSB #, ANYTHING I can give them? Is it a magic pixie dust to sprinkle on my car?

I'm not mad at you, just frustrated that I've asked several dealers (in different states even!) and no one has heard squat about it. FWIW, my car has been running great - no issues with the PDK, no issues with built-up carbon on the tips, etc.

I just want the real answer...
Old 09-17-2009, 11:25 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
I can say this til I'm blue in the face, but THE DEALERS DON'T KNOW ABOUT IT, THUS WON'T FIX SOMETHING THEY DON'T KNOW ABOUT.

Do you have ANY reference, TSB #, ANYTHING I can give them? Is it a magic pixie dust to sprinkle on my car?

I'm not mad at you, just frustrated that I've asked several dealers (in different states even!) and no one has heard squat about it. FWIW, my car has been running great - no issues with the PDK, no issues with built-up carbon on the tips, etc.

I just want the real answer...
Chris I feel your pain bro! My car is at the dealer right now for a cracked header and it's 1st service (not really but the dealer thinks so)...I called my dealer again today about this PDK so called update. I was told once again there is no such thing and my guy who knows me pretty well by now said to me...look stop believing everything you read on the internet.

Who knows what the hek is really going on with this.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:10 PM
greenpdk
Advanced

I am also very frustrated with this issue. My car is a CS2 launch, exhibiting all of the pdk issues. The worst is the downshift from 2 to 1 in sport mode. Has anyone attempted to talk to Porsche directly? It seems that the latest produced cars are not having these problems and there should be an explanation as to why the earlier cars are.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:37 PM
greenpdk
Advanced

To all of you that have solved this problem at your dealership, would you please give out the name of the dealer and service person that seems to understand the fix to the pdk issue? I would like to put my dealer in touch with someone that recognizes this issue and can solve it. My dealer hasn't got a clue. Thanks.
Old 09-19-2009, 11:22 AM
canuckporsche
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Yes, those that have had this solved please share. My 2 to 1 jerky downshift issue is now expanding to include 3 to 2. Anyone else find they have had the issue expanding like this over time? 4S Car has 2k km's.

Quick Reply: PDK updates....