Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PDK updates....

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 07:15 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

I spoke with 3 area Porsche dealers and none of them now about any update for PDK. There is zero service bulletin on any sort of PDK update.

I have read on these forums that there is an update but cannot find out what the truth is or what is even updated from those that claim to have had this so called update.

Anyone?
Old 09-10-2009, 11:02 PM
stevepow
Three Wheelin'

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
I spoke with 3 area Porsche dealers and none of them now about any update for PDK. There is zero service bulletin on any sort of PDK update.

I have read on these forums that there is an update but cannot find out what the truth is or what is even updated from those that claim to have had this so called update.

Anyone?
You think it is a "placebo" update? I reckon stranger things have happened - but I agree, more detail would help sort it out.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:10 PM
Bijan
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Possibly a patch in case of error codes? PAg may have the policy to fix it only if it is broken
Old 09-10-2009, 11:44 PM
canuckporsche
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Rough shift from 2 to 1 in sport mode automatic is annoying

I have brought this up with my dealer three times now. They say there is no recall, update or bulletin. it is a very annoying feature of pdk. So i would love to see the work order of someone who has had it fixed through an ECU update.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:32 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

F4 Pilot said there is a SW update. I believe him more than a dealer. There is a issue with the 1st gear coming to a halt in sport mode and shifting hard. I havent had a chance to get to my dealer.
Old 09-11-2009, 02:53 AM
tivbucks
Track Day

I posted the issues that I had with my PDK a while back and can confirm that the Porsche Centre Dubai clearly stated that they had 'updated' the PDK software as part of the repair.

Now, there may well not be an actual v.2 of the software and all they did was reinstalled the v.1 as part of a 'reboot' process, but they clearly stated that there was an 'update'.

It's also worth mentioning that they were VERY keen for me to come back if there were any other issues and I think that there is clearly some 'damage management' going on as directed by Porsche HQ. PDK is the new RMS - you can imagine how they'll want to stop that rumour happening............

Cheers
Old 09-11-2009, 06:35 AM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 77 Posts

Yes there is an update. My dealer did my car about 45 days ago for the PDK software update. Additionally he told me there was a software update to the engine management system which was also installed. It does make a difference. Again my C2S was a late November production and I do not have SC.
Old 09-11-2009, 06:53 AM
DRJMK
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

There is an update. The dealer took care of it when I got my car in June. I don't know if it made a difference since it already had the update when I drove the car. Now, that clunky shift in the sport-auto mode...I'd love to see a fix for that!
Old 09-11-2009, 06:55 AM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 419 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by mstams
We have the same dealer. Did you ask Billy?
I asked Jacob the mechanic... I think I'll give Billy a call and hear what he has to say.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:26 AM
Chris from Cali
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by f4 plt
Yes there is an update. My dealer did my car about 45 days ago for the PDK software update. Additionally he told me there was a software update to the engine management system which was also installed. It does make a difference. Again my C2S was a late November production and I do not have SC.
I have a C4S launch car (so probably similar build date - haven't checked), but I do have SC. I definitely DO NOT get a lurch coming down from 2nd to 1st in Sport auto mode and I can modulate it by watching RPMs in manual mode. The DSG in my GTI is much more noticeable going from 2nd to 1st....
Old 09-11-2009, 09:20 AM
mstams
Racer

Originally Posted by Bijan
Possibly a patch in case of error codes? PAg may have the policy to fix it only if it is broken
My update was applied when I took my car in for an airbag warning light error. Nothing to do with the transmission at that time. I had heard about it on the forum from others (specifically Stoppie telling Jen it was applied to her new car), so that's why I brought it up and insisted that one existed. I definitely had some update line items listed on my work order when I picked up the car but as luck would have it tossed it in the trash. I'm sure it's still on my record at the dealership.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:22 AM
mstams
Racer

Originally Posted by canuckporsche
I have brought this up with my dealer three times now. They say there is no recall, update or bulletin. it is a very annoying feature of pdk. So i would love to see the work order of someone who has had it fixed through an ECU update.
The rough shift 2-1 was not corrected with my update. I asked about that after getting the car back and was told it was "normal" -- taken with a grain of salt since they did not know of the update in the first place. Most who have applied the update agree that this is not corrected. I believe I have only seen one post that it did.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:26 AM
mstams
Racer

Originally Posted by SeamusC4S
PDK update worked and has resolved the jerking problem. I will scan a copy of my work order and post it here tomorrow.
If you'll post this information, I'll call my dealer to compare what was done to my car since I still have the issue even after the software update was applied.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:27 AM
mstams
Racer

Originally Posted by Haku
I asked Jacob the mechanic... I think I'll give Billy a call and hear what he has to say.
I'll send you a PM with my personal information.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:44 AM
SeamusC4S
Rennlist Member

Attached is a copy of the work order. Although it does not clearly say “PDK Software Update”, I called my service advisor yesterday and she confirmed that they performed a PDK update.

FYI – When they tried to update the software, some faults/errors came up P1749, P1872 and P1991 and the tech could not clear them. He contacted the regional Porsche Rep who told them about the update and was told to power down the car by disconnecting the battery. Since it was late afternoon (closing time) they let the car sit over night with the battery disconnected. The next morning the software was reloaded and update was successful, no faults or errors. I was told that if they could not clear the errors, then they would have to replace the DME control module, but that was not necessary.

The car shifts much smoother now and it definitely fixed the jerking problem (for me anyway, not sure how), which was very noticeable and annoying!!! I stopped using sport mode because of the jerking and now I’m strictly sport mode auto, sometimes manual and it’s great! Hope this helps.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
pdk.pdf (130.7 KB, 283 views)

Quick Reply: PDK updates....