Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Programs are back !!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 02:51 AM
daddyscar
Rennlist Member

Received 104 Likes on 62 Posts

i've had good luck getting lease numbers on edmunds . . .

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.f0cc27b
Old 07-07-2009, 10:59 AM
Trader220
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by PogueMoHone
^

Hey, I am just the "average punter" so enlighten me with specific information; not innuendo, assumptions or preconceived notions or half baked intelligence (otherwise I might start to assume why you are not a trader anymore).

Don't make it personal towards me, so your next post should be a table (you do understand matrices?) of the various residuals. It ain't rocket science.

Interesting that you didn't have the wherewithal or time to address the OP but you seem to have enough time and energy to respond to me. Are you trying to make me a strawman so you can obfuscate?

I am not in the market. I responded to the Porsche appeal in May and bought a car from the Dealer (they made me an offer and I took it, no negotiation) last month. That probably surprises you! Yes, I took the offer without any negotiation. There are great Dealers and sales guy out there, even some who admit that they need the business.
There you go telling me how I should answer someone else’s questions to meet your specifications LOL.

Yea at something like 10pm or later I sat down with my lap top in bed to check over my recent mail and look at the Asian markets, so ya I had the time then, and no I was not going to scurry home just to answer a question.

I don’t take things personally on the web. You don’t know me, you don’t know my character or integrity yet you feel confident in making assessments which your paranoia drives about me. Let’s be very clear here... The internet is a vast anonymous dark pool and many people cannot handle anonymity and their own desire to be something or someone they are not or they wish to be in real life over takes common decency towards others. Assuming posters want the answers you demand to their questions and then telling others how those questions should be answered is a wide open window into ones character.
Have a nice day!

Oh if the OP wants to define the parameters he’s looking for or pm me feel free to and I am happy to post the correct answer!
Old 07-07-2009, 12:07 PM
Alfie
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

c2s coupe manual, at 10k miles per year..

24 months, 61%. 36 months, 56%. If you are looking for a different term, let me know. MRM is $104,400
Old 07-07-2009, 02:59 PM
Cloak&Dagger
Banned

This thread, along with the other 'bashing' threads are hilarious. I've been 'with out Porsche' for about 8 months now, and getting ready to pull the trigger on a new 2009 DFI C2S.... I think now is as good a time to do it as ever. Christ, back in 07 I got a whopping 4% off my ordered C2S. Now some of you are complaining (on both sides of the line-of fire) that the discounts aren't big enough, or that you're not making enough money.

Spend enough time on the boards, just observing and you'll get a real sense of peoples character. And some of your egos are laughable at best. Generally, I think we all can agree that there are a LOT of not so professional car salesmen. But the same is true for a lot of Docs, Attorneys, Realtors, Business Owners, and yes, Engineers. There, I said it. Seems some of you are just hell bent on doing away with all the salesmen/people. Go ahead. I invite you to quit your computer-geek job and try and sell something. You deal with general public and see if you still feel so smug about yourself.

Rediculous.Life is too short, and time too valuable to waist on BS. Don't like the person you're doing business with? Walk. Really simple. Finding someone you trust to do business with is 'extremely' rare and unique. I for one love talking to my local guy about cars, business, world affairs. He kills me, but he's a very professional, and all around good guy. I wouldn't unleash him upon the likes of some of you for fear he'd want to kill me afterwards.....

Sheesh. Give some the good guys here a break already. Or go schedule another therapy session. If you can't do either, just get in your Porsche and get out for a bit. Seems to do the trick for me.

Peace.
Old 07-07-2009, 03:00 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks to Alfie for stepping up to the plate with some basic information!!
Old 07-07-2009, 03:46 PM
triode
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Cloak‡6711478
This thread, along with the other 'bashing' threads are hilarious. I've been 'with out Porsche' for about 8 months now, and getting ready to pull the trigger on a new 2009 DFI C2S.... I think now is as good a time to do it as ever. Christ, back in 07 I got a whopping 4% off my ordered C2S. Now some of you are complaining (on both sides of the line-of fire) that the discounts aren't big enough, or that you're not making enough money.

Spend enough time on the boards, just observing and you'll get a real sense of peoples character. And some of your egos are laughable at best. Generally, I think we all can agree that there are a LOT of not so professional car salesmen. But the same is true for a lot of Docs, Attorneys, Realtors, Business Owners, and yes, Engineers. There, I said it. Seems some of you are just hell bent on doing away with all the salesmen/people. Go ahead. I invite you to quit your computer-geek job and try and sell something. You deal with general public and see if you still feel so smug about yourself.

Rediculous.Life is too short, and time too valuable to waist on BS. Don't like the person you're doing business with? Walk. Really simple. Finding someone you trust to do business with is 'extremely' rare and unique. I for one love talking to my local guy about cars, business, world affairs. He kills me, but he's a very professional, and all around good guy. I wouldn't unleash him upon the likes of some of you for fear he'd want to kill me afterwards.....

Sheesh. Give some the good guys here a break already. Or go schedule another therapy session. If you can't do either, just get in your Porsche and get out for a bit. Seems to do the trick for me.

Peace.
+1
Old 07-07-2009, 03:53 PM
Trader220
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Cloak‡6711478

Peace.

Well said!
Old 07-07-2009, 03:54 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

One more thing....

Program Finance Rates are:
1.90%
Old 07-07-2009, 03:57 PM
Trader220
Rennlist Member

1.9 no markup
Old 07-07-2009, 04:09 PM
Spiffyjiff
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Alfie
c2s coupe manual, at 10k miles per year..

24 months, 61%. 36 months, 56%. If you are looking for a different term, let me know. MRM is $104,400
same resid % and MRM for PDK? (C2S, 36mos, 10k/yr) thanks in advance.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:17 PM
Alfie
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Rennlist Member

with pdk, 1 point lower residual, so 36mos 10k miles is 55%, MRM is 108,480.
Old 07-07-2009, 05:42 PM
rickmdz
Instructor

Originally Posted by Alfie
with pdk, 1 point lower residual, so 36mos 10k miles is 55%, MRM is 108,480.
What is MRM? thanks!
Old 07-07-2009, 05:50 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by rickmdz
What is MRM? thanks!
One of those terms in leasing:

MRM = This is the Maximum Residualized MSRP that a vehicle can have that is used to calculate depreciation.
Old 07-07-2009, 05:51 PM
Alfie
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Rennlist Member

When you calculate a lease, the residual is calculated as a % of the MSRP. MRM is an artifical cap on the MSRP used for the calculation. This is done because we all know that a car with $20,000 worth of personalized options will not carry over fully into the future value of the car. Porsche has decided that while some options add future value(up to $108,480 in this case), a car with an MSRP of 122k wont be worth more than the 108k car in 3 years.
Old 07-07-2009, 05:52 PM
Alfie
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Rennlist Member

MJones said it much cleaner, hope my response made sense.

Quick Reply: Programs are back !!!