Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Someone rear-ended my 997S on freeway today...

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008 | 01:10 AM
axhoaxho
Three Wheelin'

Remember when out there watch your back.
Thanks, my wife and I went out for dinner tonight. I was driving and I was paranoid (still have flashback of being rear-ended.) Even my wife teased me driving like grandpa.

The car-wise, it ran just like before and the PSE sounded as good as usual. Bravo, Porsche.

With best regards,
- Alex.
Old 05-14-2008 | 09:43 AM
Hauser_III
Racer

Originally Posted by axhoaxho
I was driving and I was paranoid (still have flashback of being rear-ended.)
I've been rear-ended twice. The paranoid feeling takes a while to go away, and I'm not sure it's ever completely gone. Any time I look in the rear view mirror and see somebody on a cell phone behind me, I tense up a little.

Classic line from the woman in the first rear-end accident: "I'm sorry I was driving that close to you, but I had to, because the cars behind me were that close to me." She said it at the scene, and repeated it to her insurance company.

Darwin was wrong, just wrong. Her genes should have been weeded out of the gene pool a long time ago.
Old 05-15-2008 | 07:48 AM
axhoaxho
Three Wheelin'

Thanks,

I guess another thing that adds to my nervousness is that... my new front bumper has no paint protection film (clear-bra) on it yet.

I had the 1/3 front of my car wrapped with clear-bra before. Now I have a new front bumper, but my body shop told me to wait at least 30 days before applying clear-bra on it.

I live in the San Francisco Bay Area, and the freeways are full of rocks and debris. Luckily, I am only about 20 miles away from Premier. I've already made an appointment with Premier to add clear-bra on the new bumper next month.

Until then, I will keep driving like grandpa.

With best regards,
- Alex.

Last edited by axhoaxho; 05-15-2008 at 08:32 AM.
Old 05-16-2008 | 08:18 AM
axhoaxho
Three Wheelin'

An interesting update:

My insurance company notified me today -- The driver of the Honda Accord that rear-ended my 997S, he has no insurance!

Luckily, I have Uninsured Motorist Coverage in my car insurance policy, and my insurance company is pretty good. My insurance covers everything for me -- inlcuding the $17K car repair, my deductible, and my medical.

Now when I think back about the accident, it had some little hints that now occur to me... The driver in the Honda actually never ever got out of his car to check his damage, which was unusual...

Also, after the CHP talked to the Honda driver, the first thing that the officer asked me was, "Did you see anyone ran out or away from the Honda after it hit your car?" Hmm...

And then, the CHP officer told the Honda driver that his car was leaking fluids all over the road, but the Honda driver insisted he could drive the car away (which he did as soon as the CHP officer let him.)

Well, oh, well...

I am just glad that I have Uninsured Motorist Coverage in my car insurance. Otherwise, it would be a much worse experience for me.

So, if folks ask me what have I learned from this accident? I would say:

Check your car insurance policy and make sure that you have Uninsured Motorist Coverage in it. I read some news that in some cities, there are as many as half of the motorists on the road are uninsured!

With best regards,
- Alex, 07 997S

(And for my fond memory, here is the 'uninsured' Honda driver who rear-ended my 997S...)
Old 05-16-2008 | 09:12 AM
GeoT3
Rennlist Member

Alex, that is great news for you. I am glad to see how well your car fared.

Quick Reply: Someone rear-ended my 997S on freeway today...