Wife drinks coffee in the car

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 05:43 AM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

I didn't read all of this thread but here's my take -

1. It's "her" car if she is driving it daily, let her do what she wants. I do like the idea of getting her some drink cups that are less likely to spill (get a half dozen, they sell em at Starbucks).

2. I constantly take my young kids in the 997S. Frankly, at the moment its a mess in back, not to mention the halloween stickers my daughter put all over the back of the drivers seat. You know what? I decided a long time ago that my kids are way more important that prissing over my pcar. It'll clean up well enough. (It did take a while to get the curdled MacDonalds milk out of the rear carpet.)

3. Your marriage is WAY more important than this silly argument - no offense intended, I understand you made an agreement, but it wasn't a good agreement and it ain't worth fightin! The ONLY way to make a marriage work is to overlook a whole bunch of the little stuff for the sake of the greater good (a lesson I have learned only in my second marriage).

My $0.02.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:14 AM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

this is hilarious that this thread is so long (sorry, dont mean to minimize or diminish your feelings)

i drink coffee in my cars...even Porsches... i drank it in the 993, i drink it in the 912, i currently drink it in my RS4 and whatever will be my next car, i will do the same... i gave up smoking about 5 yrs ago and i dont drink much alcohol... coffee is my only real vice... i love it...cant be without out it... and you know what? coffee can be cleaned up! use Einszett Cockpit Premium and just go in there once per week and spray the area down really well... solved
Old 01-22-2008, 10:15 AM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 55 Posts

1-You're wrong
2-It's her car
3-It's not a "Gayman", it's called a "Coxster" - Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear
4-Spend $10.95 at Starbucks and get her one of these. It fits in the cupholders of my C4S.
Attached Images  
Old 01-22-2008, 11:54 AM
cello
Three Wheelin'

Received 30 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by dD/dt
Maybe his doghouse doesn't have internet access.
Niiice one.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:59 PM
surfingbuddhist
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure if anyone has suggested this but why don't you just:

make her coffee in the morning before she leaves home! You can make the same exact thing she orders right down to the actual SB beans....

She'll have her coffee before she takes off and you earn get-out-jail-free points!
Old 01-22-2008, 03:48 PM
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 196 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by phaphaphooey
Imo the "Gayman" language is out of line. Perhaps you should step over to Ferrarichat to see the clever names they come up with to describe your car. You do all Porsche owners a disservice when you defame the owner of a car that is cheaper than your's, even if that other person owns a (cheaper) Porsche as well.
Sensitive little devil arent you.
Old 01-22-2008, 04:01 PM
redduck996
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

surfing buddhist, that is one nice TAR she can drink all the coffee she wants in my "civic"

I guess we lost a potential member...
Old 01-22-2008, 04:45 PM
Bigwave
Instructor

Don't be a *****.....Tell her your EHarmany add is getting lots of hits so its my way or the highway. Hope this helps.
Old 01-22-2008, 04:46 PM
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 196 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by redduck996
surfing buddhist, that is one nice TAR she can drink all the coffee she wants in my "civic"

I guess we lost a potential member...
Nicest avatar on the list i say!!!
Old 01-22-2008, 05:20 PM
blk on blk
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jgriffCS
As some of you know I just got a 2006 997S and gave my wife my 2007 Cayman S. I found out today that she has been going to Starbuck's every morning and driving to work with a huge cup full of coffee and milk. I told her before I gave her the car that there were no drinks allowed. We got in a huge fight and I told her that I'll trade the car in on a Civic if she doesn't stop getting coffee every morning. She's really angry and refuses to give in. Am I in the wrong here? It's my car and I pay all the bills. Do you guys think it's reasonable to ask that she not drink coffee in the car?
I am not even certain I should take this seriously. You will have a lot more fun and luck in being happy if you go out and pound sand as opposed to trying to fight with the wife about this. Is it really worth it? Geez. Give it up man. Let it go.
Old 01-22-2008, 06:49 PM
brianh
Rennlist Member

my 2 cents...

You can't "give" her the car (your words) then put conditions on her. I suspect the fact that it's a P-car means more to you than her. The general theme is... let it go.
Old 01-22-2008, 06:54 PM
Ucube
Three Wheelin'

8 pages and counting with the original poster long gone? Let's wait until jgriff comes back (if/when he does) before we keep piling on, shall we?
Old 01-22-2008, 07:34 PM
othomasjr
Racer

My wife drives a new 4runner and has trashed it. I just have to accept it and don't even try to bring it up. It would probably make her trash it even more. She claims she doesn't care about having a nice/expensive car. That is true until we start car shopping. (she wanted the more expensive sequoia) I knew it didn't matter if it was a Rolls Royce, it would be trashed with reckless abandon. So, we decided on the 4runner and she has been happy with it. It is filthy dirty inside and out and only gets serviced if I take it, but hey I knew that going in to it. She puts gas in it and that's about it.
PS....If I had done what you did, I would be a single man now.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:00 PM
SeanR
Rennlist Member

Received 500 Likes on 267 Posts

Talk about misplaced priorities.

I opened the door to my wifes S4 (pristine condition) and I see empty water bottles, 3 pairs of high heels, 2 jackets, work bag, sun shade that never gets used, lip stick, and various stuff the kid had in there. I smile and am glad she's driving a Porsche, not only driving it, but enjoying it also. When something is wrong with the car she tells me because she knows I want our cars running perfect, she's more worried about some dip**** hitting her than spilling stuff. That's the way I like it.

She knows it is my passion but to get all worked up over it is a waste of time. On the other hand, she HATES when I smoke in mine, and I won't even think about it in hers.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:06 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 427 Likes on 222 Posts

This thread is destined to become a classic.

Where is the OP?

Perhaps he's caught up in the daily grind.

Quick Reply: Wife drinks coffee in the car