Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Should I paint the rocker panels (see pic below)?
Yes
53.85%
No
46.15%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Now My Order - Comments Welcome

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 06:45 PM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 8haggis
If you guys get a drive together, let me know.

I also feel PSE is a must. Have it, love it. I think you should hear the sound in person to make the final call on it. Let me know if you are having trouble finding one.
I might take you up on that offer.
Do you plan to purchase in-state? Suburban puts battery keepers on all the 997s, free of charge. Very handy for those long parks in the garage.
Originally I did, but I haven't had much luck with one of them.

"Suburban"? I'm not familiar with them. Are you referring to the one in Birmingham under a different name?
Old 01-12-2008, 07:07 PM
8haggis
Instructor

Received 73 Likes on 26 Posts

Suburban has a whole bunch of brands in Troy, but their Porsche dealership is in Farmington.
Old 01-12-2008, 07:08 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gota911
If you are now seriously considering Full Leather, I would recommend you take a hard look at the Natural Brown Leather option. The color is darker than Sand Beige, but not brown as the name implies. It is the color of peanut butter and is very rich looking, and IMO, would look AWESOME with the Ruby Red paint.

If you do go with Full Leather, there are a couple of additional options that really complete the Full Leather look.

1st pic - XTV - Door Finishers in Leather - with the Full Leather option, most of the door panel will be leather. This option completes the leather look.
2nd pic - XMZ - Rear Center Console Leather (notice in this pic, the car does not have option CDZ - Gear Lever Trim Leather, see next item)
3rd pic - CDZ - Gear Lever Trim Leather (the small piece between the lower console and the shifter boot)
4th pic - CUV - Storage Cmpt Lid W/Model Logo (I believe this is an example of Natural Brown leather) I know you have already said you were getting this option but I wanted to show you a close up of the Natural Brown leather.

that's just too much stitched leather. i'd rather break it up with some cf or color matched panels.
Old 01-12-2008, 07:09 PM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by 8haggis
Suburban has a whole bunch of brands in Troy, but their Porsche dealership is in Farmington.
Thanks.
Old 01-12-2008, 08:19 PM
pred8or
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PSE .... Now guys all have me considering this option.

1. Is there a power increase at all or is it all sound?
2. On a car without SC does the switch reset everytime you shut the car off or does is stay in the last setting you put it on?

I saw a new thread started about PSE vs TUBI but there has been an aweful lot of support for PSE here.
Old 01-12-2008, 08:24 PM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Pred--

There is another thread too that I found on whether to get the PSE or not,...it was nearly 100% support.

Pretty convincing to me too....
Old 01-12-2008, 08:30 PM
pred8or
Racer

In The Air

I too am concerned about cold notchy shifting with a SS kit. I had a short shift kit on my M3 and while it was very nice I feel I could live without it. Full Leather would be very nice but for me I just cant justify the price. Specially since full leather really isnt full leather! Same thing with the power and sport seats. Kind of goes in the what do you see while sitting in the car to me theory. While driving its about feel (and sound) while outside its about visual emotions. My wife did not enjoy driving my M3 at all , it was too edgy and touch for her and very difficult to drive smooth. She loved driving the C4s being much smoother clutch, shifter, and gas pedal.

Its all about what we want right? However its easy to forgoe an option like Sport Chrono when no one is endorsing it while being much harder to skip something like PSE that seems to be overwhelmingly endorsed.

I will be placing my order tomorrow of course subject to change but I dont know when that cut off date will be so I want to get it right.

good luck Tim,
Old 01-12-2008, 08:43 PM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Tim -

It sounds like we are pretty much in the same boat.

o The full leather is beautiful, but I don't think I can justify the price.
o The Sport Chrono doesn't add a lot to a C4S, so I'll probably forgo.
o The power seats would be nice, but I'm starting to think that it will be pretty rare that my wife drives the car. So the driver's seat won't be moving much. The passenger seat will pretty much be pushed back and kept there.
o The short shifter probably won't go on now. I want smooth shifting during the winter, the throw is already pretty short compared to my old 993, and it's pretty easy to change later.

The only thing I'm reluctant about in my must-have list is the Carrera Sport wheels. They are awesome, but I'm not sure the GT Silver painted finish will compliment the Ruby Red color and sand beige interior. Thoughts?

Good luck with your order tomorrow.

Jeff
Old 01-12-2008, 08:54 PM
pred8or
Racer

Jeff,

thats an easy one for me. I really thin those Carrera sport wheels are by far the nicest looking wheels offered. Besides a bright color like blue, red or yellow those wheels and heated seats were my only "must haves".

Its really easy to get carried away here and you can see the recommendations coming in from track guys PCCB , X51, SS, PSE, and sport seats. The more daily driver and maybe audio enthusiast is Full Leather , BOSE, power seats. LOL the really rich guys just get it all. I am having a hard time just convincing myself to purchase a 85-90k car and not like I am considering resale for 4-5 years my guess is alot of those options do not come back on resale. So its a balance game and I have certainly learned alot and changed some of my order based on My Order and your threads. The May delivery is an April build so I think the shut off date to change things is sometime in Feb.

going back to build another car LOL
Old 01-12-2008, 09:00 PM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Tim -

I like the way you think.

I've seen those Carrera Sport wheels on bright color cars and think they look great, but most of the time it was been with a dark interior (grey, black). I wish I could find a picture somewhere of a Ruby Red with them...I've checked the inventory sites at ALL of the Porsche dealers in MI, OH, IN, IL, PA, NY, and CA. (I'm demented.) I found a couple good pictures of Ruby, but with Carrera Classics.

I agree on the point that keeping the car for 5 years or so, we won't see any return on the option cost. So, they are definitely for us only.

...by the way, I'm already at the configurator...
Old 01-12-2008, 09:12 PM
pred8or
Racer

Jeff, If you havent already go to the 997tt threads a guy named Terry Adams has a Ruby Red Turbo... has turbo wheels and a darker interior I believe but so far the best pictures of Ruby I have found.
Old 01-12-2008, 09:20 PM
pred8or
Racer

One other thing Jeff there is a 2008 Guards Red Beige Interior C4S sitting in my local dealer showroom. MSRP is 97K forget all the options. It can be had for a pretty good discount if you interested. No afflilation they just tried real hard to sell me that car. If it was stone or black interior I may have considered it.
Old 01-12-2008, 10:39 PM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Tim, check your PMs.
Old 01-12-2008, 11:28 PM
MartyB
Racer

InTheAir - If you're not sure about the color of the Carrera Sports, you could save a few hundred bucks and go with Sport Designs - I have ordered them on my Basalt coupe and I think they look great with Ruby Red.

Old 01-12-2008, 11:36 PM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Thanks, Marty.

Here's a Ruby with the Classics, also. Now, if I can just find a RR with C Sport pic, I could remove all guess work.

Quick Reply: Now My Order - Comments Welcome