Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Should I paint the rocker panels (see pic below)?
Yes
53.85%
No
46.15%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Now My Order - Comments Welcome

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 12:47 AM
Vegasguy
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since you're getting the Sand Beige Standard Leather, you might want to think about the Deviated Carpet Option ($630). The floor of the P-car would be black carpeting, and in addition to being easier to keep clean, the "two-tone" look would be really sharp with the Ruby Red. You also might think about the Black Dials ($0), which also would look sharp. Lastly, definitely get the Chrome Tailpipes ($360), if you don't get the Sport Exhaust. You will not (IMO) like the looks of the (kinda crummy looking) stock tail pipes on your car, and will have to spend about $600.00 at the dealer to change them. Hope this helps.
Old 01-12-2008, 12:47 AM
JohnnyBahamas
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

PSE and the short shifter are a must.

Skip everything else and get the logo on the center console lid... that way you get leather and stitching on the lid. (See photo)

Put all the dough you save into the Carrera Sport rims. They come in GT Silver instead of Arctic and they come with 17mm spacers in the rear. (See photo)

Last edited by JohnnyBahamas; 05-22-2013 at 12:37 PM.
Old 01-12-2008, 01:05 AM
Vegasguy
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Order - Comments Welcome

Hello again!

I posted (I hope) pictures of my C2S so that you can get an idea about the Deviated Carpet. Also, note the Black Dials, instead of the grey dials that are normally on the "S". Again, IMO.
Attached Images   
Old 01-12-2008, 01:08 AM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

I bought a used 05 C2S Cab last June and love it. It has power seats, full leather, sports chrono, multi-function steering wheel etc. I wish it had PSE and plan to get one this year. I wish it didn't have the multi-function steering wheel for 2 reasons. The wheel rim is too thin, and the controls are stupid. The only one I use is the volume, which isn't often and provides little advantage over the easy reach to the volume **** on dash. I added chrome exhaust tips, but will sell them again if/when I get the PSE with it's own chrome tips. I agree with many of the suggestions here, don't get carried away with stuff that you will likely not care that much about later. I think we all see the list and think we want everything. Look at as many as you can at events, club gatherings, showrooms etc. and decide what you really like and want. Used is best if you want to save yourself a ton in depreciation over the first couple of years, like I did. Good luck, you should have fun with this experience. Not everyone has these choices to make.
Old 01-12-2008, 01:11 AM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Forgot to mention, I wish I had sport seats. I find the bolstering in the standard seats a little lacking. My C55 seats are much better.
Old 01-12-2008, 01:20 AM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnyBahamas
PSE and the short shifter are a must.

Skip everything else and get the logo on the center console lid... that way you get leather and stitching on the lid. (See photo)

Put all the dough you save into the Carrera Sport rims. They come in GT Silver instead of Arctic and they come with 17mm spacers in the rear. (See photo)
Johnny,

You have me sold on the console lid logo and no headrest crests.

Still debating on the wheels. They look sporty on your car, a bit fancy on the Ruby Red......TBD

BTW, why can't you order the painted crests with the Carrera Sport rims? Do they come with them??
Old 01-12-2008, 01:21 AM
John Velasco
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

let me tell you, when I ordered the GT3 I had 7 changes before the final order. The salesman was very complete and faxed me every change form, it was a very satisfying experience, almost as fun as the delivery. Enjoy!
Old 01-12-2008, 01:22 AM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by keninirvine
I bought a used 05 C2S Cab last June and love it. It has power seats, full leather, sports chrono, multi-function steering wheel etc. I wish it had PSE and plan to get one this year. I wish it didn't have the multi-function steering wheel for 2 reasons. The wheel rim is too thin, and the controls are stupid. The only one I use is the volume, which isn't often and provides little advantage over the easy reach to the volume **** on dash. I added chrome exhaust tips, but will sell them again if/when I get the PSE with it's own chrome tips. I agree with many of the suggestions here, don't get carried away with stuff that you will likely not care that much about later. I think we all see the list and think we want everything. Look at as many as you can at events, club gatherings, showrooms etc. and decide what you really like and want. Used is best if you want to save yourself a ton in depreciation over the first couple of years, like I did. Good luck, you should have fun with this experience. Not everyone has these choices to make.
Great points, Kenin. The multifunction wheel is being relegade down the list.

I never realized that the PSE can be so desireable. I ~do~ like being able to turn it off when needed and vice versa.
Old 01-12-2008, 01:23 AM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by John Velasco
let me tell you, when I ordered the GT3 I had 7 changes before the final order. The salesman was very complete and faxed me every change form, it was a very satisfying experience, almost as fun as the delivery. Enjoy!
I'm glad you guys are willing to share your experiences. It is fun.

What is the sayings, "it takes a village to configure a car."
Old 01-12-2008, 01:51 AM
John Velasco
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it helps!
Old 01-12-2008, 02:44 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

As a daily driver in Michigan you will chip the heck out of them. Don't bother to paint them. Porsche chose not to paint them generally, based upon their field testing.
Old 01-12-2008, 03:09 AM
JohnnyBahamas
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by InTheAir
Johnny,

You have me sold on the console lid logo and no headrest crests.

Still debating on the wheels. They look sporty on your car, a bit fancy on the Ruby Red......TBD

BTW, why can't you order the painted crests with the Carrera Sport rims? Do they come with them??
Oh yeah, you're right. The free painted crests are another bonus.
Old 01-12-2008, 09:03 AM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts

Dang John, your C4S was a fine looking machine.

Gerald
Old 01-12-2008, 09:13 AM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Edgy01
As a daily driver in Michigan you will chip the heck out of them. Don't bother to paint them. Porsche chose not to paint them generally, based upon their field testing.
Well, I agree the painted rockers will get abused if painted and unprotected, but I'm hoping that painting them and then covering them with clear bra protection should be enough. Am I incorrect?
Old 01-12-2008, 09:15 AM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Yeah, with that, the delta in cost is only a few hundred bucks compared to the Carrera Classis wheels.

Heck, how can I pass up something "free" anyway....

Quick Reply: Now My Order - Comments Welcome