Sponsored by:

OT Anyone here using Windows Vista yet?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 01:39 AM
cdodkin
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gravedgr
I had to laugh out loud at this one. When you work in the security industry, please feel free to give an educated opinion on this - otherwise, stick to quoting facts and figures (not the complete BS linked above).
I'll send my CCIE's over then, as you obviously know more than the rest of the industry on how to defeat a day zero virus attack.

Amazing who you meet on these forums....
Old 02-13-2007, 01:42 AM
gravedgr
Rennlist Member

Received 423 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by cdodkin
I'll send my CCIE's over then, as you obviously know more than the rest of the industry.

Amazing who you meet on these forums....
Please don't tell me you actually work for Cisco, because I will really feel embarassed for you. CCIE's don't know jack **** about network security. I would trust them to design my VOIP solution, my remote access, or my core switching. I wouldn't trust them to secure me against the common cold.

I never said I know more than the industry, but I know more than 99% of the people working at Cisco.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:52 AM
texas911
Race Car

Macs are better. One reason, they make both the software and hardware. Wow, what a concept! It would be like buying a Porsche body and taking it somewhere else to get an engine. It might work faster, but how reliable would it be.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:51 AM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by texas911
Macs are better. One reason, they make both the software and hardware. Wow, what a concept! It would be like buying a Porsche body and taking it somewhere else to get an engine. It might work faster, but how reliable would it be.
You're joking, right?

What a lame illogical analogy.

You make it seem like you actually believe the validity of this disparate comparison.

I thought you were a lot smarter than that. ... Wow, guess I was wrong.
Old 02-13-2007, 03:24 AM
boolala
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought Aisin (and Mercedes) made Porsche transmisions.

You have a problem with that?
Old 02-13-2007, 03:28 AM
bdmason
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I upgrades windows Vista 32 bit. It's useless!!! My cd and dvdrw combo drives do not work at all .(pc doesn't recognize them) I had to upgrade the video card. The only good feature that works is the media center extends to xbox360. I can download movies on my pc and watch them on my hometheater with xbox 360. ( tryin to think of a good reaon to buy a new pc with Windows 64 bit) If anyone has Home Premium Vista 64 bit let me know how you like it.
Old 02-13-2007, 03:33 AM
boolala
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you run the upgrade advisor first? If you had it would have identified the incompatible hardware and software and there should be no surprises.
Old 02-13-2007, 03:47 AM
bdmason
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did and it told me about the video card but said nothing about the combo drives
Old 02-13-2007, 04:55 AM
icon
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cdodkin
That's funny - but not as funny as this video of Microsoft's CEO
Your business is safe in his hands - really!
you mean steve ballmer? the harvard educated billionaire that's been w/ ms since 1980?
yeah!
jobs made a lot of money w/ pixar but his apple career has been less than stellar!

Originally Posted by texas911
pagani does one hell of a job w/ a mercedes v12!
although as ben points out it not a very good analogy and also what caused apples troubles for years.
ms would let any computer mfg. buy their OS and apple wouldnt license their OS to anyone.
and also wouldnt build hardware to run the ms OS until now.
ms blossomed while the apple rotted!
Old 02-13-2007, 08:57 AM
texas911
Race Car

What a terrible analogy, because you don't agree with it? Oh yea, that's smarter than me.

To me, its like performance cars, some people like raw performance statistics. Others like the more sublime charactaristics of a performance car. Like you can't convince a Corvette owner why we like the 911 better, even though the Corvette is faster.
Old 02-13-2007, 10:46 AM
cdodkin
Drifting

Please don't tell me you actually work for Cisco, because I will really feel embarassed for you. CCIE's don't know jack **** about network security. I would trust them to design my VOIP solution, my remote access, or my core switching. I wouldn't trust them to secure me against the common cold.

I never said I know more than the industry, but I know more than 99% of the people working at Cisco.
Ahhhhh you have Cisco issues - no idea why you've so negative, and actually don't give a ****

Best of luck.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:00 AM
cdodkin
Drifting

Originally Posted by icon
you mean steve ballmer? the harvard educated billionaire that's been w/ ms since 1980?
Yeah, the crazed idiot jumping up and down and screaming like a 3 year old.

What a jerk!

Funniest thing I've seen in ages - almost as funny is his sweat-fest

'developers, developers, developers, oooo I really need an antiperspirant'!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UG6Q1inAqs

NOW THAT'S CRAZY!
Old 02-13-2007, 11:02 AM
1999Porsche911
Race Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

So how long did it take you to meet the 38,000 Cisco employees? If you met 20 a day, 7 days a week, it would take you more than 5 years to meet that many people. Not to mention the thousands of people that come and go each year. You would not be exaggerating a bit, would you?
Old 02-13-2007, 11:14 AM
cdodkin
Drifting

Originally Posted by icon
jobs made a lot of money w/ pixar but his apple career has been less than stellar!
Yeah, I mean Apple's stock price has only climbed 1,025% since Jan. 1, 2001 when Jobs came back.

I can see the city being disappointed with that, and the growth of the market value to $72 Billion.

Do you really think you can just chuck those idiotic comments out there and expect to get away with it?

I guess you did - speaks volumes.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:16 AM
Tippy
Race Car

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I dont know jack squat about PCs, that is why I own a Mac. USER-FRIENDLINESS! I dont have to know how every aspect of the computer works. I have Microsoft Office on my Mac and I can do anything anyone else does on a PC. How can anyone sit there and defend PCs when they give everyone in the world frustration? I dont get it, Oh yeah, yes I do, it is like the battered woman syndrome, you just keep coming back. At work, PCs driving me to

Quick Reply: OT Anyone here using Windows Vista yet?