Sponsored by:

OT Anyone here using Windows Vista yet?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 01:08 PM
cdodkin
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1999Porsche911
What the hell are those graphs of. Certainly not from this world. Do you, just ,like, make up figures to win and argument? So, if Apple made almost $20 billion in 2006 as your graph indicates, where are they hiding the $18 billion they did not report to the share holders? How about the missing $60 billion in revenue. You better call the SEC if your graphs are true.
Denial is a terrible thing 1999Porsche911.

I have better things to do than make up sales numbers for Apple and MS.

These are straight from the source - just giving you the bad news buddy.

You clearly don't understand the explanation as to how the numbers for graph 2 were derived - read it again, the text below the graph is a CLUE....

Even if you can't grasp that concept, you have to be able to understand linear growth Vs exponential growth...surely?
Old 02-15-2007, 01:13 PM
1999Porsche911
Race Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cdodkin
Denial is a terrible thing 1999Porsche911.

I have better things to do than make up sales numbers for Apple and MS.

These are straight from the source - just giving you the bad news buddy.

You clearly don't understand the explanation as to how the numbers for graph 2 were derived - read it again, the text below the graph is a CLUE....
You did NOT pass them off as SALES figures at all. He specifically showed them as EARNINGS. Oopps. You were caught again trying to pass misinformation. Oh well, the average person probably won't notice, so you false expertise may remain our little secret. Apple made on about $2.5 billion in 06.
Old 02-15-2007, 01:18 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Based on the current sales/growth delta, of Mac Vs Windows, there are now forecasters predicting that Apple sales will eclipse Microsoft's by 2010.
Ha ha, I thought so!

You're so delusional you can't even read graphs, much less understand them!
And you actually thought it represents Mac vs Windows?!!

In case you didn't know (and how could you, you're so confused, I know) the graph shows projections on Apple who happens to make the ipod line, has i-tunes, and other hardware products and revenue streams besides macs.

Yep, you just confirmed to me your lack of intelligence. Just like a Jehovah's Witness. I knew it wouldn't take long to expose.
Old 02-15-2007, 01:20 PM
cdodkin
Drifting

You did NOT pass them off as SALES figures at all. He specifically showed them as EARNINGS. Oopps. You were caught again trying to pass misinformation. Oh well, the average person probably won't notice, so you false expertise may remain our little secret. Aple made on about $2 billion in 06.
Actual the word used in the description for graph 2 was 'revenue', which = sales, which is what I was referring to, as you had specifically asked about the $20B number on graph 2.

Why try and pick a fight about that when the graphs are already clearly labeled correctly. I already have graph 1 labeled as 'quarterly earnings'.

Oh yes, you wanted to divert attention from the facts, and make yourself feel better. Understood.

However, the facts are that both Microsoft and Apple have seen healthy revenue growth in the last 5 years.

Microsoft’s revenues have grown approximately 60% from just under $30B in 2002 to over $44B in 2006.

However, while Microsoft has grown linearly for this period, Apple has accelerated with revenues of just under $6B in 2002 growing to just under $21B in 2006.

An impressive 250% revenue growth!

In other words, Apple has been growing much faster than Microsoft.

Did I misrepresent anything there that you'd care to nit pick about?
Old 02-15-2007, 01:22 PM
OCBen
Banned

Yeah, see the post above.
Old 02-15-2007, 01:23 PM
cdodkin
Drifting

Originally Posted by OCBen
Ha ha, I thought so!

You're so delusional you can't even read graphs, much less understand them!
And you actually thought it represents Mac vs Windows?!!

In case you didn't know (and how could you, you're so confused, I know) the graph shows projections on Apple who happens to make the ipod line, has i-tunes, and other hardware products besides macs.

Yep, you just confirmed to me your lack of intelligence. Just like a Jehovah's Witness. I knew it wouldn't take long to expose.
WTF?

Are you just super dense Ben?

READ WHAT I TYPED - I SAID 'predicting that Apple sales will eclipse Microsoft's by 2010'

So that would be Apple and Microsoft.

So your point is that you can't read - genius
Old 02-15-2007, 01:30 PM
OCBen
Banned

So your point is that you can't read - genius
Yes, you can't read.

I highlighted in bold your "Mac vs Windows" claim from a few posts before when you were trying to show that mac software would soon eclipse windows software, as a rebuttal to my claim that mac software will decrease in numbers. Re-read my post.

So what you're telling me is that you'll say something, and as soon as someone else calls you on it, you'll change your tune and say "oh, that's not what I meant.....this is what I meant." Otherwise, you'll let it slide and make it seem like you're saying something when you're not.

And that's what I meant.
Old 02-15-2007, 01:35 PM
cdodkin
Drifting

At the end of the day, both companies exist to make money for their share holders and all the market share in the world won’t matter to Microsoft if Apple is generating more revenue from a lucrative consumer electronics and computing hardware product portfolio.

Hope that's clear enough for everyone to understand?

All the semantics in the world don't change the facts gentlemen - laugh away.

Your smokescreens are as desperate as Bill Gates dissing the Mac Vs PC ad campaign the other week.

Does your cause more harm than good.
Old 02-15-2007, 01:46 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 426 Likes on 221 Posts

While we're exchanging emoticons....

Old 02-15-2007, 01:56 PM
icon
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

cdodkin,
i can't decide whether you should be a tv evangelist or a political spin doctor!?
Old 02-15-2007, 02:01 PM
cdodkin
Drifting

Originally Posted by icon
cdodkin,
i can't decide whether you should be a tv evangelist or a political spin doctor!?
I'll leave the true lies and videotape up to the other team.
Old 02-15-2007, 02:08 PM
1999Porsche911
Race Car

Actual the word used in the description for graph 2 was 'revenue', which = sales, which is what I was referring to, as you had specifically asked about the $20B number on graph 2.

Why try and pick a fight about that when the graphs are already clearly labeled correctly. I already have graph 1 labeled as 'quarterly earnings'.

Oh yes, you wanted to divert attention from the facts, and make yourself feel better. Understood.

However, the facts are that both Microsoft and Apple have seen healthy revenue growth in the last 5 years.

Microsoft’s revenues have grown approximately 60% from just under $30B in 2002 to over $44B in 2006.

However, while Microsoft has grown linearly for this period, Apple has accelerated with revenues of just under $6B in 2002 growing to just under $21B in 2006.

An impressive 250% revenue growth!

In other words, Apple has been growing much faster than Microsoft.

Put your glasses on. Do you not see that it clearly states: "Quarterly earnings for the companies between 2002 and 2006"? You can not project the future trend of Apple's sales, from such a small base to continue at it's current trend. Did you not pass Econ 101?

Why not give it up? Sales have absolutely nothing to do with quality anyway. Otherwise, you would be driving a Camry, right?
Old 02-15-2007, 02:17 PM
1999Porsche911
Race Car

At the end of the day, both companies exist to make money for their share holders and all the market share in the world won’t matter to Microsoft if Apple is generating more revenue from a lucrative consumer electronics and computing hardware product portfolio.

Hope that's clear enough for everyone to understand?

All the semantics in the world don't change the facts gentlemen - laugh away.

Your smokescreens are as desperate as Bill Gates dissing the Mac Vs PC ad campaign the other week.

Does your cause more harm than good.

Ahhh. The old "at the end of the day" phrase. The old standby used to bailout of being caught spreading bull****.
Old 02-15-2007, 02:24 PM
cdodkin
Drifting

Put your glasses on. Do you not see that it clearly states: "Quarterly earnings for the companies between 2002 and 2006"? You can not project the future trend of Apple's sales, from such a small base to continue at it's current trend. Did you not pass Econ 101?

Why not give it up? Sales have absolutely nothing to do with quality anyway. Otherwise, you would be driving a Camry, right?
So we have one graph that is labeled Quarterly earnings

And one graph that is labeled revenue growth

Revenue = the entire amount of income before any deductions are made

Income = sales

As in, Apple's sales for 2006 = $44B

As for forecasting - I don't do any of that, I leave that up to the professionals.
Old 02-15-2007, 02:39 PM
1999Porsche911
Race Car

So we have one graph that is labeled Quarterly earnings

And one graph that is labeled revenue growth

Revenue = the entire amount of income before any deductions are made

Income = sales

As in, Apple's sales for 2006 = $44B

As for forecasting - I don't do any of that, I leave that up to the professionals.

So, income and revenue are the same thing? Wow, not only did you not pass Econ 101, but you probably got kicked out of the class. You don't do other people's taxes, do you? Why not just stop trying to justify what you can't. After awhile, many of us will probably forget this thread and your pathetic attempt convince us that you know what you are talking about.

Quick Reply: OT Anyone here using Windows Vista yet?