Old 03-09-2007 | 02:38 PM
PaulStuart
Track Day

No luck here. The iPod just plays on.
Old 03-09-2007 | 09:45 PM
Bob/Ft. Worth
Racer

question similar to the above.
I can get to the configuartion menu (text, paging, select) but can't fingure out what button to push to make "select/toggle' stay as the active choice. In other words, what button is 'enter.' I've tried holding the >> button (nothing) and leaving 'select on the screen, turning off PCM and locking/unclocking the car
Is there some other magical process.

Thanks... soooo close
Old 03-09-2007 | 10:08 PM
Bob/Ft. Worth
Racer

Never mind. figured it out.
Ya gotta hit the "audio" button to access the track lists, CD 1-4, etc. Not having a CD changer, that little gem eluded me.
All's well in Ft. Worth

Thanks Eric! Thanks Guys!
Old 03-10-2007 | 09:13 PM
ze_shark
Instructor

Studying my install on an '04 996TT w/o CD.
The MOST link behind the brake assy is way too tight to be accessible, so I opted to study the Bose amplifier connection which, in the 996TT, is in the front right of the trunk (facing the car). Had no trouble disconnecting the MOST connector, but I am stuck trying to disconnect the IN Fiber Optic from the connector housing. There is a white clip, but it does not come off easily and I am reluctant to use brute force. Is there a trick ?

Next challenge is power. I looked around the area where the CD changer would be, no harness visible. Getting power from the Bose amp supply is an option, but I don't know which harness to splice and the cables are so damn short.
Another idea I had was to tap from the trunk light harness, but I can't find where the on/off switch is to default it to on.
Suggestions ?
Old 03-10-2007 | 10:02 PM
Bob/Ft. Worth
Racer

poke the white clip out from the other side shown in the pic. you can then grab the white "T" potrion with needle nose plyers or put a small screwdriver to pry it the rest of the way.

if the optical cable is stuck in the connector, use a q-tip to gently push it out (see my post above)

for power did you look behind the carpeting in the area where a cd would be mounted.?
Old 03-10-2007 | 10:11 PM
ze_shark
Instructor

Thanks for the help.
Stabbing the white clip with a really tiny screwdriver and pulling it out worked. Now I am stuck with another interesting problem: the FO terminal of the Dension bridge is wayyy shorter than the Bose-side terminal. Two issues I can see: 1) it does not stay in when I put the clip back in 2) it is a good 2mm shorter once on the housing, with likely transmission issues resulting ?

For the power, yes I did look in the CD changer area behind the carpet, but all I have is a thick harness leading to what looks like the headlight height adjustment unit.
Old 03-10-2007 | 10:45 PM
rickhuizinga
Advanced

I think you may have the Yazaki fiber optic connectors, which the Gateway 500's cables are not compatible with.

Someone earlier in the thread had the same issue. You may want to contact that member to see if he found a work-around.
Old 03-11-2007 | 01:58 AM
ze_shark
Instructor

Apparently, his kit came with a Porsche-specific fiber optic harness, no fiddling with extractings FOs, just plug and play. Have emails sent to Bumperplug and Dension support.
Old 03-11-2007 | 06:53 AM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I've forwarded this to Dension.....very odd to have Yazaki on anything other than early '03 Cayennes. We'll figure it out and get what you need.

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Old 03-11-2007 | 08:06 AM
PaulStuart
Track Day

Originally Posted by ze_shark
Studying my install on an '04 996TT w/o CD.
The MOST link behind the brake assy is way too tight to be accessible, so I opted to study the Bose amplifier connection which, in the 996TT, is in the front right of the trunk (facing the car). Had no trouble disconnecting the MOST connector, but I am stuck trying to disconnect the IN Fiber Optic from the connector housing. There is a white clip, but it does not come off easily and I am reluctant to use brute force. Is there a trick ?
On the reverse side of the connector that you show in your photo, there are two little square tabs that appear to be molded into the housing. Pry up the one that is holding the FO cable on the side you want to remove. I am sorry, but we did this at the dealer's shop, and I don't have photo. Some more info: on the back side of that holder, there apper to be 3 sets of indentations in the housing, the tabs are down in the middle one.

Good luck. Perhaps you can post a photo if you can get it to work.
Old 03-11-2007 | 10:10 AM
mishref
Advanced

Originally Posted by rickhuizinga
I think you may have the Yazaki fiber optic connectors, which the Gateway 500's cables are not compatible with.

Someone earlier in the thread had the same issue. You may want to contact that member to see if he found a work-around.
I posted my install earlier .. it was plug and play using the yazaki cables.
Old 03-11-2007 | 07:47 PM
dndodd
Racer

I tried hooking my XM Roady up to the AUX jacks today. It worked but there was definite buzzing sound in the background. I use the same Roady in my old truck with a Pioneer Head unit with a 3.5 MM aux and it works fine.

Has anyone else tried using the AUX jacks? with SAT Radio?
Old 03-11-2007 | 07:51 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Does the Roady provide Line Level out puts or just a mini jack. Could be an overdrive situation.
Old 03-11-2007 | 08:06 PM
dndodd
Racer

Just a 3.5MM that is usually used for the Cassette. I have a 3.5MM going into a 3.5MM to RCA converter then to the Denison.

This 3.5MM jack on the Roady does work in the Pioneer head unit going into another 3.5MM jack.

I was thinking maybe the Terk unit with RCA outputs might work better?

At this point though the FM Mod on the Roady sounds better than the diret connection to the Denison.

Quick Reply: Dension Gateway 500 iPod Adapter Arrived Today