Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rejex on a 997?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 09:51 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

mJones, believe me I drive the car just about everyday...and here in Tampa Florida we have BIG bugs and lots of 'em!
Old 09-22-2006, 12:01 PM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 224 Likes on 141 Posts

I did not take the time to read all the responses in this thread but I will offer my experiences. I have a red G35 Coupe and I use Rejex on the front bumper, headlights, lower valences, wheels, and then I use P21S on everything else. The P21S keeps the waterspots away better than the Rejex did. I go on several trips with the car and when it rains over the night and the sun comes out the next day the Rejex will let the spots etch in where the P21S will not. My .02.
Old 09-22-2006, 12:34 PM
MrBonus
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MJones
I get a kick out of reading about this wax that wax...this shine that shine..
For those that really don't go out and drive I suppose that looks are important.

As a collector of bugs ....I have found that Rejex does work....
Heres 3 days 2000 mi worth
Yes, you alone drive your Porsche. The rest of us leave them to sit in the garage between cleanings.
Old 09-22-2006, 12:37 PM
Bullet
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an Arctic Silver C2S and have detailed it twice a season (in Canada, the driving season is roughly from April-Nov) with a good gentle wash, clay, then pure Carnuba wax. I've not seen P21S nor Rejex in stores up here.

I'd be interested in ordering some to be shipped here, but I have a few questions:

1) How is it the Rejex seems to be easier to apply than wax or other products? I do my Carnuba applications by hand, and I'd be interested in anything that's easier than that.

2) If I were to use Rejex, what would I have to do to remove any wax that's currently on the car in prep for the Rejex (and what would happen if I applied Rejex on top of wax)?

3) Presumably P21S is as labor intensive as any Carnuba wax to apply afterwards?

4) What is lost by NOT applying Carnuba on top of Rejex?

5) How long does the Rejex last?

6) Does Rejex also cause water beading?

7) What exactly is Rejex?

Thx in advance for your always informative responses.

-B
Old 09-22-2006, 12:59 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Bullet, ReJex is easy to wipe on let dry and wipe off. Actually much easier than most carnauba waxes. Just wash you car with some Dawn hand dishwashing liquid dry and apply (if you paint does not need polishing) let dry and wipe off. Yes ReJex bead water up and dirt and bugs mostly come of with water, in other words stuff doesn't stick to ReJex as easy. From what other tell me Rejex has more reflective shine than carnauba wax and the wax looks more muted thus deeper. I use ReJex on my black BMW X5 and Porsche c2s and love it.
Old 09-22-2006, 02:17 PM
dstrimbu
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just make sure that your paint is flawless before applying Rejex - it's a sealant / stain-blocker, and it has absolutely no cleaning agents whatsoever. I wash the car well, use a claybar, then wash again - then, two coats of Rejex. The first time you apply Rejex, wash with Dawn to strip any residual wax - or Rejex won't stick. Subsequent Rejex applications can be done after careful cleaning and a wash with regular car shampoo.

I have found no reason to wax over the Rejex coat, but as Deanski has said in this thread, it's possible if you feel the need.

I really like this stuff - just make sure the car is spotless first.

-don
Old 09-23-2006, 06:10 PM
6flat
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Does the factory/dealer "clearcoat" qualify as wax. Can you apply REJEX over that?
Old 09-23-2006, 06:32 PM
mdrums
Race Director

6flat, the factory paint has a clear coat over the actual paint. This clear coat is like anohter layer of clear paint...just put the RejeX over it just like any other wax or polish.
Old 09-28-2006, 03:23 PM
StevieG.
Intermediate

My 997 is one month old and I am going to apply Rejex, but I noticed a couple of stubborn water spots. What type of cleaner will remove a few water spots without leaving a wax layer? I am concerned the Rejex not sticking to the area where I remove the water spots.
Old 09-28-2006, 06:07 PM
dstrimbu
Burning Brakes

Have you used a clay bar?
Old 09-28-2006, 06:29 PM
StevieG.
Intermediate

I saw the Mothers clay bar packaged with carnauba cleaner wax and the word "wax" kept me away. Can you use the clay bar without the cleaner wax, or will the Rejex stick to the cleaner wax if used?
Old 09-28-2006, 10:10 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by StevieG.
I saw the Mothers clay bar packaged with carnauba cleaner wax and the word "wax" kept me away. Can you use the clay bar without the cleaner wax, or will the Rejex stick to the cleaner wax if used?
You can use car wash soap in a spray bottle for lube, or a QD used for Rejex or any QD so long as it doesn't contain wax for silicones.

The soap is just as good. Just keep the area wet so the clay does not drag.

Deanski
Old 09-28-2006, 10:15 PM
mdrums
Race Director

I used Meguires Clay Bar with Instant Detailer as the lubricant for the clay. The paint was silky smooth. I applied RejeX over the bare clear coat. After each wash I wipe the car down with Meguires Instant Detailer. After a few more weeks I applied another coat.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:48 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

There are quite a few very good clays out now, so you're not limited unless you just shop in stores.

Here's a nice ultra-fine clay for your review:

SONUS SFX Clay

Deanski
Old 09-29-2006, 12:18 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 809 Likes on 447 Posts

I just used Deanksi's recommendations on my car this past Tues and it looks excellent. I used Mother's clay bar kit with the detail spray provided for lubrication and it was amazing. My car is an Artic Silver 997 coupe and I washed it with Meguiar's Car wash soap then dried it and then moved to my garage to clay it and the car still produced dirt with the clay eventhough it looked clean to me. Then followed up with re-wash; then polish with Mequiar's Step 2 polish (red bottle). Removed and then applied a good coat of Rejex. Let it dry then haze then removed it and let it cure overnight. The car feels like glass to the touch. Unbelievable. Then I added a coat of Meguiar's Carnuba wax last night and it looks really good. I also Rejex'd the wheels too. Changed out the OEM Porsche lugs which I've found tend to rust with chrome/polished lugs from Vertex Auto. Will drive it tomorrow as it rained hard here today. Pics of the detail job in process to be posted so others can see the work and process. Thanks for the advice Dr Shine...hopefully I didn't massacre your tutilage too much and reputation.

PS....I also read the guides and posts on Autoutopia as well. Good stuff. Recommend Highly.

Quick Reply: Rejex on a 997?