Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I Was Taken out of My Porsche Today at Gunpoint!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 07:55 PM
Dariof
Not an Addict?
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts
Default I Was Taken out of My Porsche Today at Gunpoint!!

Yes, that is correct. Here's the story if anyone is interested.

My 7 year old daughter and I left our home here in Green Valley to go to a hobby store (I fly R/C Helis and planes).

Well, as soon as I entered the freeway, I noticed a Henderson P.D. unit behind me. I was speeding, but nothing too terrible, as I was only going about 5 miles over the speed limit.

As I changed lanes, he changes lanes. When I merged onto another freeway, he merged. I knew he was interested in me in some capacity, but my speed was just a few miles over the limit. I didn't think they weren't that petty.

As soon as I exited the freeway onto Boulder Hwy, just minutes away from the hobby store, I noticed several other units joining in. Now I was being followed by 5 units. Okay.

Eventually the unit directly behind me turned on his lights, and I pulled over. As I turned around to see what ALL the police were doing, I was being told at gunpoint to exit my vehicle. I immediately kept my hands exactly where they were (on the steering wheel) and yelled back at him that I had my 7 year old daughter in the back seat and I had my weapon in the front seat. Okay, now it gets interesting.

I followed his directions: After removing the key from the ignition and dropping them on the pavement (ouch) I opened the door with my left hand. After exiting the vehicle, I was to close the door with my knee. I then walked backwards towards him, turned to the left then to the right (all these guns trained on me) then kneeled down on the pavement. They approached me and immediately placed me in handcuffs.

I immediately told them again my daughter was in the back seat and I was very concerned for her safety. Of course, I am handcuffed and could see and hear her crying.

What's worst is the officer who was handling the situation started yelling at me for talking about my daughter and put me in the back seat of his car.

Now I get to watch 4 of them approach my vehicle at gunpoint, and remove my daughter. That's my little girl your ****!ng with. I have never been so mad in my life.

So, they of course find my gun which I told them about (they left it in the car) and my ID authorizing me to carry the gun. They take me out of the back seat of the car, and again I say, I want my daughter here with me. She was crying standing next to me as her Daddy (me) was standing there in handcuffs.

They run me on NCIC and find out I am authorized to carry a concealed weapon. They further find out I have an association with law enforcement and question me briefly about this. I confirmed what they were told by dispatch and with that, they took the handcuffs off.

Now here is the real scary part. It turns out my Nevada personalized plates, "DEALMKR," were reported stolen out of Los Alamitos, CA. It seems a 1992 Blue Carrera Porsche, had those plates and the vehicle was reported stolen several years ago (In 2002).

Now I come along, with a 2006 Blue Carrera S and the Nevada DMV issues me the same plates (I requested them as personal plates). NV DMV did not search the NCIC records to find out the personalized plates they made for me were stolen; they just searched their internal system which is purged every 18 months of stolen information.

It gets even more bizarre. The owner of the NV 1992 blue Porsche who reported his car stolen in Los Alamitos, CA lives very close to my home in Green Valley RANCH (HENDERSON, NV)

Well DMV issued me new plates today. I did not have to wait in the 3 hour lines and but they didcharge me $6.00 for new plates (They later reimbursed those fees).

I am lucky I did not trip getting out of the Porsche as I am certain the cowboy police officers out here would have shot me. They were so jacked up, but luckily I knew what they wanted and how to follow their directions so as to do all I could to keep my child safe.

Last edited by Dariof; 08-26-2006 at 12:02 PM.
Old 08-15-2006, 08:13 PM
SrfCity
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, what a story. It's a good thing you didn't lose your cool that's all. I guess you can kinda chalk this up to post 9/11 bizzaro world stuff.
Old 08-15-2006, 08:14 PM
TestnDoc
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Thats awful. Glad you and your little girl are ok!
Old 08-15-2006, 08:20 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Scary - glad you're OK, especially youur little girl. But isn't there more to the story. I don't know much about law enforcement but the response (5 cars and drawn weapons) for a plate reported stolen 3-4 years ago seem likes over-reaction. Was the plate reported used in a recent crime? Alls well that ends well.
Old 08-15-2006, 08:21 PM
DrDrilZ
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

wow! now do the american thing...sue! j/k.
Old 08-15-2006, 08:23 PM
himichael
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You did a good job staying alive. Did they apologize?
Old 08-15-2006, 08:27 PM
andre5
Instructor

That is horrible. I hope your daughter will not have any lasting effects from such a traumatic incident.
Old 08-15-2006, 08:29 PM
yemenmocha
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've heard a similar story and the sad thing is you probably can't sue. Cops get away with far too much these days. Why don't they train these guys to be polite once they realize they made a mistake? Apologizing is out of the question too it seems.
Old 08-15-2006, 08:30 PM
kauai_diver
Straight to Video
Rennlist Member

Good question did they apologize for the incident?
Old 08-15-2006, 08:38 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

Well, hope you have a great lawyer. Make those **** ups pay!
THPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

holy crap! I am glad you are okay and hope your daughter feels better now.
NOBLEGT3
Banned

P.S im jealous you get to carry....canada sucks

Last edited by NOBLEGT3; 08-15-2006 at 10:30 PM.
ohsixx
Burning Brakes

The law enforcement inclination is that you are always guilty.
Sometimes good and sometimes bad ;as in your case.
Old 08-15-2006, 08:43 PM
fast1
Race Car

Received 221 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by kauai_diver
Good question did they apologize for the incident?
Decades ago I learned a lesson from the school of hard knocks that there is a very fine line between the so called good guys and bad guys.
Old 08-15-2006, 08:53 PM
Dariof
Not an Addict?
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by himichael
You did a good job staying alive. Did they apologize?
No, they did not apologize. They said it was DMV's fault.

But isn't there more to the story. I don't know much about law enforcement but the response (5 cars and drawn weapons) for a plate reported stolen 3-4 years ago seem likes over-reaction. Was the plate reported used in a recent crime? Alls well that ends well.
The plate was not used in a crime, to my knowledge. The officer simply ran my plate (because I have a high end car no doubt) and it came back stolen. It went downhill (for me) from there.

Quick Reply: I Was Taken out of My Porsche Today at Gunpoint!!