Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I Was Taken out of My Porsche Today at Gunpoint!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 08:57 PM
The B
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thoughts going through my head:

(I had an office in Green Valley): I am shocked that the Henderson / L.V. Police were even the slightest concerned with the licence plate issue at all.

About the licence plate, type of car, color of car and DLC paralells, how are you gambling Green Valley Ranch? If you go can I come with you?

( I have a 3yr. old daughter) The aspect of the encounter including your daughter...troubles me just reading the story. How can you ever get that experience back?

I'm sure I've seen that plate around before on a diffrent vehicle in Vegas...good choice.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:03 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 231 Likes on 126 Posts

You certainly get the Rennlist STORY OF THE YEAR! I don't want to get even CLOSE to challenging you on that one.

I would like to say that I'm glad that the police are checking things, even if old (as the owner of the older Porsche would have said!) but have to defend them a little. These days the police have to deal with so many low-lifes that they wind up affected themselves,--there's no way to avoid it. I wish they took responsibility, however, and would have apologised. It would have helped to have smoothed over what is certainly a tramatic event for anyone! I wish it could have been done 'professionally,' but I have to say that there's just so many bad guys out there they have gotten harder. Andy Griffith they are not.

Glad you're safe and sound, and hopefully your daughter will get over that image of you in handcuffs. Perhaps we can all learn off this one,--our cars are popular with the wrong people and mistaken ID is just too easy today. Remaining calm as you did was what saved you. I'm not sure I could have been that calm. I would have been so pissed, through the encounter and now, after.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:03 PM
Dariof
Not an Addict?
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by The B
Thoughts going through my head:

I'm sure I've seen that plate around before on a diffrent vehicle in Vegas...good choice.
Well, they also took the plate, telling me that I can no longer have a stolen plate. I went to the DMV who issued me a new plate (non-personalized).

I thought DEALMKR was a cool plate. I am going to order DEAL DR. Since I do deals for a living and am a non-practicing attorney (Juris Doctor), it is somewhat appropriate.

Last edited by Dariof; 08-15-2006 at 09:40 PM.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:15 PM
DrDrilZ
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Dariof
Well, they also took the plate, telling me that I can no longer have a stolen plate. I went to the DMV who issued me a new plate (non-personalized).

I thought DEALMKR was a cool plate. I am going to order DEAL DR. Since I do deals for a living and am an attorney (Juris Doctor), it is somewhat appropriate.
how about just getting "NT STLN"
Old 08-15-2006, 09:16 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Ditto the concern about your daughter not being too traumatized over the incident.

But what the hell are you doing carrying a concealed loaded firearm under your seat with your daughter in the back, even if you do have a permit? I would never do that, but that's just me. I can see why they got amped up when you told them about the piece.

Those who live here in the LA area probably recall an incident about a month ago where this off duty police officer had his loaded weapon under his seat and his 3 yr old son in the back. The kid for some reason was not strapped in and he reached down and pulled the gun out of the holster and pulled the trigger, hitting his dad in the back as the bullet went through the back of his seat. He's now paralyzed for life. He could've been dead. ... Sad story, kids and guns, but you hear about it all the time.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:26 PM
LuisGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Unbeleivable.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:28 PM
Karlo33
Track Day

Wow - what a story. When I saw your reference to Green Valley I thought Holy cow - that could have been me being pulled over at gunpoint since I drive through the area almost daily and I assumed they targeted you only because of your excellent taste in cars. I'm glad to hear they did not arbitrarily pull you over even though it must have been scary especially having your daughter in the car with you. Glad to hear you got some new plates without the typical wait.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:34 PM
BC
Rennlist Member

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by OCBen
Ditto the concern about your daughter not being too traumatized over the incident.

But what the hell are you doing carrying a concealed loaded firearm under your seat with your daughter in the back, even if you do have a permit? I would never do that, but that's just me. I can see why they got amped up when you told them about the piece.

Those who live here in the LA area probably recall an incident about a month ago where this off duty police officer had his loaded weapon under his seat and his 3 yr old son in the back. The kid for some reason was not strapped in and he reached down and pulled the gun out of the holster and pulled the trigger, hitting his dad in the back as the bullet went through the back of his seat. He's now paralyzed for life. He could've been dead. ... Sad story, kids and guns, but you hear about it all the time.

All I read there is off duty police idiot, holier then thou, kid not strapped in.
Old 08-15-2006, 11:24 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by BrendanC
All I read there is off duty police idiot, holier then thou, kid not strapped in.
What you should have read there besides that is that he didn't secure his service handgun - that's how many unfortunate accidents happen, by a parent or adult not safely securing a loaded weapon and thus negligently allowing a child to get access to it. Happened on July 11th and reported on July 12th in the LA Times. Here's the link to the story if you're registered to access their site.

Last edited by OCBen; 08-16-2006 at 12:19 AM.
Old 08-15-2006, 11:24 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

i can't believe the DMV made a mistake. oh my god. unbelievable idiot bureaucrats.
Old 08-16-2006, 12:22 AM
Deven
Pro

Received 173 Likes on 88 Posts

As a father I can feel your pain and anger. I would hate to see any child subjected to that kind of trauma. Rather than feeling secure/safe with law enforcement she will no doubt be afraid of them. Hopefully she will be OK.
Old 08-16-2006, 12:37 AM
Dariof
Not an Addict?
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Deven
As a father I can feel your pain and anger. I would hate to see any child subjected to that kind of trauma. Rather than feeling secure/safe with law enforcement she will no doubt be afraid of them. Hopefully she will be OK.
She already told her Mom (my other half) that she does not like the police and she does not like what they did to Daddy. She made reference to the guns as well.

I understand what happened and have some knowledge of why the police do what they do. I have been talking to her and she seems to be getting her very alive spirit back. My little girl will be okay. A couple days or so.

I do know tomorrow morning we are getting right back in the Porsche and going to Starbucks as usual.
Old 08-16-2006, 01:01 AM
flash1034
Pro

You guys crack me up. The cops cant win. They pull some guy over who is admitedly speeding, with a loaded handgun in his car, in a car that is reported stolen, take him into temporary custody without hurting or shooting anybody, evaluate the situation within minutes, and send him on his way when they find out the facts. Sounds like good police work to me. All you guys have to say is you'd kick thier asses, sue them, etc. Maybe you guys should reevaulate your priorites a little and come off your high chairs.

Flash
Old 08-16-2006, 01:02 AM
flash1034
Pro

Oh...and if your daughter is so traumatized by guns...DONT CARRY ONE IN YOUR CAR, ***^&*&*!

Flash
Old 08-16-2006, 01:11 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,494 Likes on 2,274 Posts

sorry, but i have not meet a single person with a brain cell in any DMV i have frequented.
and as far as law enforcement goes, LOL, with the intelligence i see at my local police dept. i can't believe that any criminal can possbibly get caught. and if any of them harrassed me in such a manner it will be all over every single major newspaper and major law suits involved.

i thought in this country, in particular, one is innocent until proven guilty. and last i checked, law enforcement shouldn't be pointing guys at innocent citizens.

Quick Reply: I Was Taken out of My Porsche Today at Gunpoint!!