Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Does Your Username Signify?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 07:18 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default What Does Your Username Signify?

Today being my 1st anniversary of joining this forum (Thank ya...Thank ya...Thank ya vera much) I thought I'd do something a little lighthearted to get to know you guys (and gals) a little better.

We've all seen the "what's your age?" thread that helped shed a little light into the makeup of those who regularly post here in the 997 forum. And so in a continuing effort to build comraderie and promote good will here I thought it would be fun to get to know the meaning behind the many colorful usernames we see here. Some of them, like mine, are not that colorful, but are simply based on our real names. I happen to live in Orange County, CA and that's how I came up with my username - not too original. But for some of you, I'd really like to know how you came up with your username.

Here's how we can make this fun. You first post here and explain your username, then call out someone else's username that you've wanted to know the meaning of. But before this other person replies to explain it, you first take a stab at it to reveal what you thought it meant all along. I'm sure not everyone will play along, but that's okay. Some may not want to disclose this, and that's okay. Oh, you don't have to wait until your username is called out, just step right up to the mic and speak up, and if you don't have anyone else in mind, that's okay too. This is not meant to be a sequential chain since it may take a while for someone to come back into this forum to find this thread and then reply. Okay, here we go.

I call on Soulteacher. We know he's a teacher (he's told us that) but when he first mentioned that his name is Wolfgang, a German first name, I pretty much ruled out that he was a soul brother from Detroit, especially since he speaks fluent German - not that it's not possible, but highly unlikely. So I'm guessing that he chose his username to mean that his teachings go to the heart of the individual - to the soul of the individual.
Old 02-04-2006, 07:25 PM
dertub
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I am 'dertub' which recalls the 356 and its influence on even today's 997. However, as the years go by, I feel that I myself, have become the 'tub' and have to fight hard to feel comfortable in those sport seats!
Old 02-04-2006, 07:26 PM
ronmart
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine is ronmart because that is the begining part of my e-mail I used years ago when I first joined America Online before anyone knew what it was (before it ran on Windows when CompuServe was king and NOT owned by AOL ). Ironically I no longer have an AOL account so if you send mail to ronmart@aol.com you are probably going to get someone else.

ronmart has followed me as e-mail address prefix on many domains.

Ron is my first name and Mart is the first part of my last name.

I also go by booyeah on some places like Xbox LIVE. Booyeah just signifies WHOOHOO, and I seriously considered using it as the vanity plate for my 997 but have since changed my mind.
Old 02-04-2006, 07:35 PM
AudiologisTT
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AudiologisTT, a.k.a., AUDI-ologisTT

Audi fan: had 3 Audis now driving a TT (225 Coupe Quattro)
+ audiophile
+ Audiologist (profession)

cheers
Old 02-04-2006, 08:00 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Mine is very boring but regionalized (like Ben)....

.......Dell from Las Vegas. However, I will need to have my userID updated to NCDell when I move in June.
Old 02-04-2006, 08:11 PM
Soulteacher
Burning Brakes

Ben, you are very close. I actually came up with that name a while ago when I watched a movie on the Disney Channel ("Brink") and those kids were calling themselves "soul skaters." So I thought, well, why not call myself soul teacher. I have used that name for a while now, but it's also clear that I am not the inventor, since soulteacher.com was already taken.

In following the rules, I'm calling on Coochas! I was really curious about the name, but his website does not reveal the origin. To me it sounds like the noise that Germans make when they sneeze... "coooooooo CHAS!"

Last edited by Soulteacher; 02-04-2006 at 08:16 PM. Reason: correction
Old 02-04-2006, 08:18 PM
Sands
Instructor

Sands is my middle name...and a nickname. As for calling on people, I'd like to know what the odds are of two statistics profs winding up in the same Porsche forum!
Old 02-04-2006, 08:25 PM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 31 Posts

My first Porsche was a 993 Targa. I like that car so much that I name myself after it...
Old 02-04-2006, 08:25 PM
fast lane
Racer

My username is the one word that describes best the way I live my life.
Old 02-04-2006, 08:27 PM
996toomey
Three Wheelin'

Received 46 Likes on 21 Posts

Toomey came from needing a login name 10 or more years ago somewhere and all attempts made with my name or some variation were in use.

Toomey made hi performance motorcycle parts for Yamaha RZ 350s of which I had one many moons ago and also had a Toomey kit on it.

Just figured it wouldn't be in use and I would be able to log in with it and it has stuck with me now for more than ten years. I think the 996 portion is self explanatory.
Old 02-04-2006, 08:36 PM
JohnnyBahamas
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nickname given to me by the loonies I regularly scuba dive with.

Ti Punch rules.
Old 02-04-2006, 08:42 PM
Riad
Chandler!
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Combination of my first and last name.
Old 02-04-2006, 08:57 PM
phantomias33
Rennlist Member

phantomias = Donald Duck's alter ego in German
33 = Larry Bird
Old 02-04-2006, 09:14 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Sands
Sands is my middle name...and a nickname. As for calling on people, I'd like to know what the odds are of two statistics profs winding up in the same Porsche forum!
Until recent days I would have said slim to none, but............
Old 02-04-2006, 09:49 PM
Holli82
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 22 Posts

Holli82

Holli....first part of last name
82.....Class of 1982 United States Military Academy at West Point

Quick Reply: What Does Your Username Signify?