Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I have Satellite Radio in my 997 C4S Cab!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 08:25 AM
1080iAddict
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tell your dealer there is a TSB for the Cayenne with the instructions. Curious as to the 3 way fiber optic cable issue - - all cables come in the box, or so I was told. Did you order the wrong part? There are 2 part numbers depending if you have a cd changer or not. Hopefully I will understand better if my parts ever get here! (hopefully today).
Old 02-08-2006, 08:59 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1080iAddict
Tell your dealer there is a TSB for the Cayenne with the instructions. Curious as to the 3 way fiber optic cable issue - - all cables come in the box, or so I was told. Did you order the wrong part? There are 2 part numbers depending if you have a cd changer or not. Hopefully I will understand better if my parts ever get here! (hopefully today).
Maybe the fiber was damaged during install.

I hope you get your parts soon as well. We all hope this goes smoothly and you have success with the satellite antenna reception.

My dealer is also waiting to see if Porsche will release any updates to this modification or will they make everyone wait until the vendor makes a new antenna just for the 997.

Once again, thank you for all your dedication and research in providing all the parts numbers etc.

Man this forum is like a vacuum to my wallet! More I see, the more I want!

Regards,
Deanski
Old 02-08-2006, 10:53 AM
1080iAddict
Burning Brakes

My parts guy says one more week until I have the sat parts. From now on, I am keeping my mouth shut. You guys ate up all the domestic inventory so my parts needed shipping from Germany. Thanks for that!

So, to pass the boredom, I ordered the lighted door sills in stainless steel.
Old 02-08-2006, 11:01 AM
lockie
Rennlist Member

Received 201 Likes on 111 Posts

Good Morning.
I ordered the parts for the sat radio without the cd changer. All the parts came in one package however the dealer said they could not run the Nav module without this three way cable.Therefore my Nav is temporarily down. I will ask more about that part when the cable comes in. I am off this morning to the car stereo shop and will advise how that came out later this evening. I really hope that the reception issue is resolved because I think that when the new cable comes in that the whole system will work within the PCM like it should have as if it was a factory install. Until later...
Old 02-08-2006, 11:28 AM
jfraser
Instructor

1080i

"So, to pass the boredom, I ordered the lighted door sills in stainless steel. "

That's too funny, I did the exact same thing yesterday...ordered the sills!!! should be here in a few days.

I'm getting PSE installed next week, and I wanted my own little project to piddle around with, so i'm going to do the sills myself....just trying to find info on how to get the door panel off (door sill gets power off the door contact switch inside the door)
Old 02-08-2006, 11:32 AM
1080iAddict
Burning Brakes

jfraser...

Join renntech.org and you'll get access to all the TSBs. There is a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) on how to install the sills.

-adam
Old 02-08-2006, 11:59 AM
tcetta
Intermediate

I got my new 997S and it has been fantastic driving the 108 miles i now have on it. I plan to have the dealer install the Nav since mine did not come with it. What i was thinking of doing is have them install the GPS module with the sat radio antenna combination. Do you have the part number for that. I am going to wait until i hear success from 1080 or lockie to do the sat, but i figured that as they are going to fish the Nav antenna anyhow, they might as well put the sat in the right place too. Also, did the p-car owners manual come with a specific book on the radio or PCM or are the chapter only in the general owners manual.
Old 02-08-2006, 12:02 PM
1080iAddict
Burning Brakes

see this thread for part numbers. Its about 1/2 way down trhe page

http://www.rennteam.com/showflat.php...page=0&fpart=2

You might as well have them put the entire sat kit into your car as it apparently works. You do not need me at this point - - it appears to be now accepted from many users that it will work....
Old 02-08-2006, 12:16 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by lockie
...however the dealer said they could not run the Nav module without this three way cable....
There is no such thing as a 3 way optical cable for MOST.

It is physically impossible, since by design/specification, MOST is a 2 port optical housing:
Light In
Light Out
(if you look at the housing, you will see a little arrow for the 'direction' of the lighti into each MOST device/module)
It sounds like they are not explaining it to you properly.

It sounds as though, as stated previously, they simply ordered/got the wrong optical cable in their parts delivery.
There is a similar cable situation when you order a (MOST) CDChanger thru Parts/AfterSales; you get an optical cable assembly which allows you to connect the new CDChanger into the ring.
Old 02-08-2006, 01:03 PM
P997C2S
Advanced

Originally Posted by tcetta
Also, did the p-car owners manual come with a specific book on the radio or PCM or are the chapter only in the general owners manual.
There is a separate PCM manual and a separate PCM Quick Start Guide. RennTech has the PCM manual in PDF format on their web-site but it isn't the latest version and is missing some info.
Old 02-08-2006, 04:53 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 228 Likes on 124 Posts

Regarding the Rennteam posting of the guy who claims he ordered a Carrera with integrated XM radio...not true. I simply called his dealership this morning and gave the sales guy some time to research the issue. Between him, another sales guy, and their parts manager, he claimed that such a car order was never placed, and that the bulletin that was received only affected the Cayenne,--not the Carreras.

Sorry guys. Another false start. It sounds, though, that once they get the antenna sensitivity tweeked we might actually see a factory solution. But, as of Feb 06,--what Porsche AG stated on the other post is valid,--no go with XM at this time.

Dan

P.S.--I'm thankful,--I'm already spending a fortune on this car!
Old 02-08-2006, 05:10 PM
1080iAddict
Burning Brakes

But on the same token, the Cayenne retrofit does work, as several, approaching many, are reporting it works. If I ever get my parts I will confirm same.
Old 02-08-2006, 05:38 PM
lockie
Rennlist Member

I called the dealer and they have ordered (the cable )part number 997 622 713 00 . The parts manager thought it was a three way cable however upon discussion he indicated that it may be more of a spliter.
Its all abit over my head. Hope this part number helps.
I will find out more when it arrives,
Thanks,
Lockie
Old 02-08-2006, 05:54 PM
lockie
Rennlist Member

A new problem..... I just picked up my car and the antenna is working fine. There is a problem though with the XM Delphi Receiver ( what bad luck) . I can only get one channel and it keeps reverting back to channel 4. All of the other channels are shown and I periodically get them then it reverts back to channel 4. I called XM techs and after much discussion they prompted me to call the Delphi Tech Support. They also went through the problem and felt it was a faulty Receiver. One has to be patient when your breaking new ground........
Anyhow the PCM looks like everything is integrating as if it was a factory install. When the phone rings the radio mutes .The display is all ready to go for Satellite......so I'm still optimistic. The Porsche Dealer is fantastic and they have ordered a new Delphi Receiver. Since it is all wired in the exchange will be quick. They said they will install it at the same time they install the new Fibre Cable to tie in the Nav Module....Anyhow I will be back as soon as I get some new information.
I am now committed......
Old 02-08-2006, 06:48 PM
r@rhcrlaw.com
Track Day

Thumbs down

After reading the posts yesterday and today I sent yet another email to Porsche and stated that my car is set for a March build, that people are installing Cayenne satellite hardware in 997's successfully and could I have the factory do this as a special order for me-I will keep you posted.

Quick Reply: I have Satellite Radio in my 997 C4S Cab!