Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I have Satellite Radio in my 997 C4S Cab!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 08:00 PM
lockie
Rennlist Member

Received 202 Likes on 111 Posts

I just called the Dealer. They did install the correct parts for the Satellite Radio "without" the CD changer. He looked up the part number and it corresponded with the part sheet that is on page two of this thread.
It came in a complete package from Porsche and the Cable for the Sat Radio without the CD changer would not fit because I had added the Nav Module in after the Car was built. That is why they had to order the cable that I described earlier to tie in my Nav Unit........
It sounds like I have to now possibly order the CD changer and maybe then reorder the parts for the CD changer.......if that's the case the price is now approaching the Ridiculous level........and even that doesn't guarantee me that It will work........Just maybe the software update may pick up the problem as I did order the correct parts for my fit..........
I will watch 1080iAddict with my fingers crossed.....(ps can't you book your install earlier so we don't have to wait so long.......jk) It all rests on you now..
Old 02-14-2006, 08:32 PM
rshanholtz
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 67 Posts

Hey guys. I am having my SAT (Sirius) radio installed next Tuesday. I have an 06 C2S Cab with NAV from factory and NO CD Changer. I ordered the kit for NO CD Changer. I also have the Option 666 module installed by the dealer last November. I have also confirmed via 1080iAddict that I have the latest software version. I have the SAT kit (No CD CHanger) already in my possesion and am just awaiting my appointment. I hope to give all of you good news next Tuesday evening.
Old 02-14-2006, 08:48 PM
lockie
Rennlist Member

Good Luck........I really hope it goes well. We will all be waiting anxiously for you report
Old 02-14-2006, 10:21 PM
1080iAddict
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

rshanholtz.... excellent!! Welcome to the thread. Your results will be most welcome here on the thread. I really hope it works for you as we need another working install to pull even. Please post results asap.

lockie, believe me as impatient as you are for my install, I got you beat in that department!! But I am leaving to go skiing in Colorado on Wednesday. So I will be hitting the hill for a week. Hang in there...one way or another we'll get you fixed.
Old 02-15-2006, 02:00 AM
lockie
Rennlist Member

Have a great Holiday.........just saw that USA just got a gold medal in the combined skiing...congrats.
The Thread just won't be the same without your encouragement........Hope you get lots of powder and sunshine........talk to you next week...thanks for all the support and help.
Lockie
Old 02-15-2006, 08:19 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Option 666?

Originally Posted by rshanholtz
Hey guys. I am having my SAT (Sirius) radio installed next Tuesday. I have an 06 C2S Cab with NAV from factory and NO CD Changer. I ordered the kit for NO CD Changer. I also have the Option 666 module installed by the dealer last November. I have also confirmed via 1080iAddict that I have the latest software version. I have the SAT kit (No CD CHanger) already in my possesion and am just awaiting my appointment. I hope to give all of you good news next Tuesday evening.
Who's doing the install? Danbury? Fairfield?

My C2S is yet to be in production and want to make sure it's ready for satellite retro-fit when it arrives in late April/May at Danbury. I have the full Bose AND CD changer ordered.

Thanks!

Regards,
Deanski
Old 02-15-2006, 08:44 AM
rshanholtz
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 67 Posts

Danbury is doing it. Those guys are great to work with.
Old 02-15-2006, 09:20 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by rshanholtz
Danbury is doing it. Those guys are great to work with.
I agree!

I've been discussing this with the manager of service for some time and he's also aware of the forum on this issue. He's a great guy!

My C2S was ordered from Mike Killeen. It's also pending any satellite updates from Porsche (maybe long way off) but I'll be doing the same thing...

Let us know when it goes in! I may stop by to see it and also see when my C2S arrives to schedule it in as well. You can "PM" me as to date/time if you decide.

Good luck and I'm looking forward to my satellite in the future as well.

Regards,
Deanski
Old 02-15-2006, 03:41 PM
kasendorf
Advanced

OK. I have been reading and watching this thread for awhile and am getting pretty excited. Can't wait to hear that rshanholtz and 1080iAddict have successful installs. I have a 2005 Cab with nav, and no CD. Does anyone know of a dealer in NY doing the install? I suppose I can travel to Danbury if necessary to have this installed. Also, how much are dealers charging for this?
Old 02-15-2006, 08:31 PM
lockie
Rennlist Member

Its nice to have more people pursuing this. I have the exact same car as you (05 cab with nav and no cd) and am still working on the install. I have apparently got the right parts but the no cd changer might be giving me the problems.You might want to wait until I get mine up and running before you buy the parts as I understand they are not returnable......at least that is what my dealer advised.....I haven't got the bill for my parts yet or the install........I am afraid to look....
Anyhow there has been great support on this site and a lot of interest. I'm sure I'll get there....(next step......awaiting a PCM software upgrade)
Lockie
Old 02-16-2006, 01:02 PM
S4to911
Instructor

Received 96 Likes on 27 Posts

I am having this done on my 05 Cab with nav (installed in facotry) and no CD changer next week (I am getting XM) by Auto Palace in Pittsburgh. I had the integrated phone installed a few weeks ago. Other than having the correct cable (for no CD changer) is there anything else you need to know?
Old 02-16-2006, 01:59 PM
lockie
Rennlist Member

Have they done a 05 997 before ? As you are aware I am having problems with my install. It sound identical to yours. I am really interested in your result.
If it is successful I will probably get my dealer to give your installer a call as it is something that there missing up here.........Good Luck ,
I'm really cheering for you!!!!
Old 02-16-2006, 03:12 PM
S4to911
Instructor

Received 96 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by lockie
Have they done a 05 997 before ? As you are aware I am having problems with my install. It sound identical to yours. I am really interested in your result.
If it is successful I will probably get my dealer to give your installer a call as it is something that there missing up here.........Good Luck ,
I'm really cheering for you!!!!
My phone module was the first one they did, and it works perfectly. I am going to speak to the service manager before they do it (Wednesday), and hopefully we will have some information from others by Tuesday night.

Doesn't Avenchia's work? Does he have the same set up we do?
Old 02-16-2006, 04:45 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

This thread is now #6 in overall # of views in the 997 Forum over the past 12 months.
Very interesting stuff.
Old 02-16-2006, 05:27 PM
Azurro_California_911
Instructor

I have XM in my other vehicle and love it. I would love to get it installed in my 911 so I have been following this thread. I was dissapointed to read the artilce in today's NY Times Business Section regarding XM. I have included the link to the article, if you elect to read it.

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/busi...Satellite.html

Quick Reply: I have Satellite Radio in my 997 C4S Cab!