Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So here's my (almost) final spec...comments?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 06:04 PM
Le Chef
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default So here's my (almost) final spec...comments?

Carrera S Cabriolet or Carrera 4S Cabriolet (tbd)
E7 Atlas Gray or Y1 Seal Gray (tbd)
AP Black sports seats
AT Black full leather
22 Black dials
M6A Black mats
342 Heated seats
680 Bose
267 Self dimming mirrors
482 TPMS
635 Park assist
640 Sport Chrono
407 Sport Design 19" wheels
P01L Sport Adaptive seats
XMZ Rear center console in leather
XPA Sport steering wheel
XLF Sports Exhaust
XRP 5mm spacers

Any comments in the vein of "you don't need to spend that much - delete option XS$" or some comment like that

After two drives today in the snow one in my C2S Coupe (has snow tires fitted) and one trip in the allroad, I'm back on the fence about the need for awd in the Porsche...

Order goes into the system tomorrow.

MTIA
Old 01-13-2006, 06:54 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 470 Likes on 238 Posts

Looks like a great ride. If you have not physically been in the sport seats make sure you do so before opting for them - I really wanted them but I just couldn't get nearly comfy enough in them. Also, I have the auto dimming mirrors but I leave them OFF all the time because I feel like I'm looking in the rear view while wearing sunglasses when they're on. I also noticed no Nav??? It's my first Nav system in a personal car and I must say that I absolutely love the thing (particularly in one of the new Boston Harbor tunnels which shows up like I'm driving on water on the map - I still can't figure out how the damn thing works through all of the big dig tunnels and my garage).
Old 01-13-2006, 07:12 PM
littlebigfish
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One thing I wish I had ordered that Ray from Washington state posted great pics of is leather door finishers. I also would add the thicker leather steering wheel (I'm not sure if that is the XPA or not)
Old 01-13-2006, 07:32 PM
Le Chef
Three Wheelin'

Sports seats fit - I found I needed to adjust the rake of the backrest slightly and at that point they were terrific. As for the adapatives my wife drives the car so having different position settings in memory is a big help.

I like the self dimming mirrors, particularly living in a city that has more than its fair share of SUV's.

As to nav - I don't really need it. Chances are if I'm driving somewhere new it's a pleasure trip and my wife is acting as the navigator. If it's a local trip I don't need it.

Thicker steering wheel is XPA

Will look at the leather door finishers - just not sure how much they are...
Old 01-13-2006, 07:53 PM
MichaelL
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The adaptive sport seats have a gray plastic back. They would be compatable with the exterior color, but may not look right with the black interior. There is an option to cover the backs in leather(unfortunately at extra cost). With some steering wheels, the horn ring is in the same material(I think they call it Volcano Gray). Check those details with the salesman & make sure it is what you want. I was never a fan of "two tone" color schemes, but my interior was stone gray, so it matched. There are a plethora of leather interior options that look great, but can drive the cost into the stratosphere. I suggest ordering the short shifter. All else looks OK. Good luck.
Old 01-13-2006, 07:56 PM
zumaron
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Le Chef check PM or email me -- I've got more info for you.
Old 01-13-2006, 07:59 PM
littlebigfish
Instructor

I drove the standard shifter at PDE. It is plenty good. Excellence Magazine said that they thought the sport shifter felt notchy
Old 01-13-2006, 08:24 PM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

Overall sounds great. Agree you should try the seats first. Also I think you have a duplication - if you want adaptive sport seats, you don't need also the sport seat option (and the adaptives include the power seat functions). Sport shifter? (Its nice.) And though I never previously had or thought I needed NAV, I like having it a lot. Atlas v Seal - tough choice, both very nice - I'd probably choose Atlas between the two.
Old 01-14-2006, 02:34 AM
lawjdc
Three Wheelin'

I love the adaptive sport seats - if you know they fit you already, then no problem. I think the sport shift got a raw deal in the Excellence article. My sport shift must be adjusted properly because it feels like the best of the Japanese shifters, and I mean that as a compliment. As far as Atlas or Seal goes, it all depends on how much you can tolerate the dust and dirt, which will show up more on the Atlas. The sport wheels will be harder to clean than the other types of wheels, but they really look great. The sport chrono in combination with the sport exhaust must rank among life's greatest pleasures!

All in all, congratulations on a great order. Keep us informed and be sure to post photos when she arrives!
Old 01-14-2006, 02:50 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

So you have a C2S now and you're getting a 4S, thought you hated them. I gotta take you for a ride in mine with the x73, it's a whole different world than the dumbed down version you had.
Old 01-14-2006, 08:06 AM
texas911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thicker Wheel?
Old 01-14-2006, 08:26 AM
scycle2020
Burning Brakes

sport shifter, and i have driven 6 different carrera S and 3 and the sport shifter...none o f them had any extra effort, but where much short throws...which is a joy with the sport chrono and quick reving engine...my boxster was seal grey...a nice color, easy to keep clean, but with no excitement, whereas the atlas is unique and changes with the lighting...looks like you have everything else...i dont like the sport seats, but then again i am a shapeless blob!!!!!!
Old 01-14-2006, 10:55 AM
Graygoose997
.org
Rennlist Member

definitely the sport shifter. I ordered without, based on what I read about the new tranny being so much better that short shift is not needed.
thursday I had the porsche ssk installed, along with my much awaited leather console.
not a bit of notchiness, just crisp short throws, like it should have come from the factory.
love the leather console, love the shifter. if I had to give one back, I'd keep the ssk
Old 01-14-2006, 12:00 PM
Le Chef
Three Wheelin'

Thicker wheel = XPA done!

Short shifter - I drove one last week and it was terrific. As this will be my daily car and will do it's duty in traffic I was still on the fence. As it's easy to add later I thought I would delay. The std shifter is pretty good to start with.

C2S vs C4S - in the 996 I disliked the feeling of understeer and heaviness/stickyness of the steering. The 997 C4S feels different. I'm still agonizing on this. Logic says in the midwest awd makes sense. But in truth my daily driving is in the city which gets cleaned of snow almost before the stuff has landed, so do you really need awd? The rwd C2S drives better and feels more fun.
Old 01-14-2006, 12:51 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

MY 2¢

CUV Storage Cmpt Lid W/Model Logo (110, 120, 310, 320 only )
Would look nice

666 Module for Telephone PCM
Works REALLY well!

670 Navigation for PCM
I won't have a car without

509 Fire Extinguisher
The least expensive option

450 Ceramic Composite Brakes-PCCB
My next car will have them. They are phenominal

XRP 5mm spacers
Whats the point of 5mm? 0.19685039 in. is not a lot
Can you see the differance at 10 paces?

Quick Reply: So here's my (almost) final spec...comments?