Sponsored by:

Rejex

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 02:10 AM
MMD
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OCBen
As a service to this community, I am sorry to say that if you’re looking for any kind of useful advice, I wouldn’t rely on anything MMD has to say. He’s misled so many here with his misinformed opinions that the rest of us have felt compelled to intervene from time to time to set the record straight. It got so annoying at one point that I called him on it, and instead of addressing the issue he answered in apparent immature behavior that he would just leave the forum and never come back. Well, that obviously didn’t last very long. And now he’s back at it again. I’ve tried to ignore him as much as possible as many of you here are apparently doing. But in the last several months there have been quite a few new members to this forum that need to know the history here.

Bottom line, take everything with a grain of salt here and don’t make drastic changes to your order list on just one person’s opinion or recommendation.

Even though your editorial commentary appears an unsavory personal attack, I think you should re-post it as a separate thread so more people can become aware of your claims. Thereby those who are interested can perform searches and discover that you are grossly misrepresenting the facts of past events.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:44 AM
Blue S2
Race Car

That was actually going to be my next question on this product...

So when I go to apply this week, i should just use a paint cleaner first and then go right to RejeX. I normally do a polish first. So I do RejeX first, let it sit overnight out of the sun/covered, etc... and THEN i can put a glaze on to remove swirls, etc... ?
Old 10-18-2005, 11:54 AM
Orient Express
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 11 Posts

the goal is to get the Rejex to bond to the paint to maximize its useful life. So clean your paint of wax, glaze, etc. Then apply Rejex, let it cure overnight, then topcoat with glaze, or swirl remover. There are some that after they glaze or apply swirl remover, then put another coat of Rejex on top of that.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:09 PM
Blue S2
Race Car

How protective is RejeX from light swirling? I know swirls are super easy to put into dark colors especially, but i've noticed some synthetics like NXT seem a bit more resistant that natural waxes.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:18 PM
Orient Express
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 11 Posts

Swirling is a function of how the wax or coating is removed and what the composition of the wax or coating is. The more oils a wax has, the greater tendency it has to swirl. Also is an electric buffer is used, the way it is used can contribute to swirling.

I apply and remove Rejex by hand. Because it does not have any oils in it, the swirling found when removing organic waxes is very minimal if not non-existent. You let rejex completely dry to a white film, then gently wipe off the excess residue. After you have done that, go over the car again with a clean towel to get any remaining residue.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:41 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by MMD
Even though your editorial commentary appears an unsavory personal attack, I think you should re-post it as a separate thread so more people can become aware of your claims. Thereby those who are interested can perform searches and discover that you are grossly misrepresenting the facts of past events.
I was trying to save the guy the embarrassment of disclosing what had actually transpired, but he leaves me no choice now.

MMD had become quite annoying to many of us here starting frivolous thread after frivolous thread about the most ridiculous of topics, the most annoying of which had to do with touting the virtues of the Corvette in comparison to the 911. He was averaging over a new thread a day, easily, and at one point had around 5 threads up on the front page stacked close together regarding the most asinine of topics. When asked what he was trying to accomplish, he said he was just trying to kill time while he waited for his ordered car to come in. Someone here offered him a list of things he could do to pass the time, among which was signing up and becoming a Rennlist Member.

What was especially annoying was that he was strongly opinionated in an offensive way in his misinformed opinions. I mean, granted, opinions are like ********, everybody has one. But some stink more than others, in my opinion.

Anyway, a newbie comes into this forum asking a simple question and MMD jumps all over him and then tries to gloss it over at the end by saying “I was just messing with you.” Well, I thought that was rather rude of him, and so I thought I’d rebuke him and give him a taste of his own medicine by pointing out that he had no right to treat a newbie like that, especially when he was not even a paying member, not that that would justify it. I pointed out that he had over 500 posts and was using up valuable resources here on Rennlist, and asked him why, after others had suggested it to him, why he had not signed up to become a paying member to help with his fair share of running this site. I then asked him something like, “Are you a freeloader? Are you a leech? Is that the reason why don’t want to become a member?” … I then ended by saying, “Just messing with you.”

Well, in reply he posted for everyone to read that he was not going to ever come back to this site again. He said his goodbyes and signed off with the waving hand. … Well, I knew he couldn’t resist staying away for long and after a few months the freeloader is back, as I knew he would be.

And you guys here were witnesses to this account.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:43 PM
1999Porsche911
Race Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Just use the NXT and be driving your car in less than an hour. NXT lasts for months and dozens of car washes. I have found no additional protection from Rejex...only additional work and waiting when applying. Rejex neither lasts longer or shine better, so why use it?
Old 10-18-2005, 01:34 PM
Blue S2
Race Car

Bugs stick to NXT like there is no tomorrow. Thats really the only reason for look towards RejeX.

EDIT: Not saying NXT holds bugs any different than unwaxed or or waxed surfaces.
Old 10-18-2005, 01:36 PM
MMD
Banned

Originally Posted by OCBen
I was trying to save the guy the embarrassment of disclosing what had actually transpired, but he leaves me no choice now.

MMD had become quite annoying to many of us here starting frivolous thread after frivolous thread about the most ridiculous of topics, the most annoying of which had to do with touting the virtues of the Corvette in comparison to the 911. He was averaging over a new thread a day, easily, and at one point had around 5 threads up on the front page stacked close together regarding the most asinine of topics. When asked what he was trying to accomplish, he said he was just trying to kill time while he waited for his ordered car to come in. Someone here offered him a list of things he could do to pass the time, among which was signing up and becoming a Rennlist Member.

What was especially annoying was that he was strongly opinionated in an offensive way in his misinformed opinions. I mean, granted, opinions are like ********, everybody has one. But some stink more than others, in my opinion.

Anyway, a newbie comes into this forum asking a simple question and MMD jumps all over him and then tries to gloss it over at the end by saying “I was just messing with you.” Well, I thought that was rather rude of him, and so I thought I’d rebuke him and give him a taste of his own medicine by pointing out that he had no right to treat a newbie like that, especially when he was not even a paying member, not that that would justify it. I pointed out that he had over 500 posts and was using up valuable resources here on Rennlist, and asked him why, after others had suggested it to him, why he had not signed up to become a paying member to help with his fair share of running this site. I then asked him something like, “Are you a freeloader? Are you a leech? Is that the reason why don’t want to become a member?” … I then ended by saying, “Just messing with you.”

Well, in reply he posted for everyone to read that he was not going to ever come back to this site again. He said his goodbyes and signed off with the waving hand. … Well, I knew he couldn’t resist staying away for long and after a few months the freeloader is back, as I knew he would be.

And you guys here were witnesses to this account.

That's one whopper of a bodypart-opinion dude! I encourage the *hundreths* of people who are interested in your claims to perform their own searches to find out how misdirected your anger is. Perhaps you could find the threads you find most offensive and give us the links? Again, why not start a completely new posting?

BTW, the "newbie" incident was obviously intended to be humorous and welcoming on my part. All my posts directed at specific individuals are intended to be supportive, entertaining and informative.

Last edited by MMD; 10-18-2005 at 03:35 PM.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:53 PM
1999Porsche911
Race Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue S2
Bugs stick to NXT like there is no tomorrow. Thats really the only reason for look towards RejeX.

EDIT: Not saying NXT holds bugs any different than unwaxed or or waxed surfaces.

My experience with bugs has been just the opposite. They simply spray off or you can wipe them off with a damp cloth. This time a year, we have nothing but bugs in the air. I have not found a better coating that keeps them from sticking.
Old 10-18-2005, 04:19 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

The beauty of RejeX....
So Slick...Bugs Don't Stick

Thats the best part!!
Old 10-21-2005, 11:17 AM
OCBen
Banned

Originally Posted by DJ23
I used Rejex for a concours this past summer and took first prize.
Not trying to detract from your accomplishment, but at a Zone 8 concours event I saw this one car take first place that had a mediocre shine at best, with visible fine scratches and swirlmarks all over it. When I asked one of the judges why, he explained that cleaniness is what wins you points, not quality of shine.
Old 10-21-2005, 11:53 AM
Blue S2
Race Car

Ok i received my RejeX but now I have a question.....

On the bottle it says DO NOT APPLY GLAZE OR WAX OVER REJEX.

And then it says RejeX does not remove or cover fine scratches. So having the black metallic, and blue metallic finishes, swirls are present if you look at the finish wrong without microfiber eyes even. (well the black one, blue isnt as extreme)

So I have to apply it to straight paint with no polishes etc underneath to cover swirls, and then I can't cover swirls after application... what in the world am I supposed to do with this stuff????
Old 10-21-2005, 12:17 PM
OCBen
Banned

Just use it on your wheels. ... That's all I would use it for.
Old 10-21-2005, 12:22 PM
texas911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've used NXT, great shine, but doesn't last long, at least here in the Texas heat. Rejex, I used on my wife's car and it seemed to work as advertised but kinda gave a fake shine.

Quick Reply: Rejex