Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rejex

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 01:50 PM
1080iAddict
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can you have that side-by-aside comparison report ready by October 25th so I can still get it on sale if you add it to the approved product list?

just kiddin ya....
Old 10-14-2005, 02:11 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I know you are.
Old 10-14-2005, 02:11 PM
tnunnery
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A side-by-side compare with Klasse would be great. I abandoned Zymol and Zaino a few years ago and my current process is amazingly similar to what OCBen describes.

P21S wash
Griot's clay if needed
Klasse AIO if needed
Klasse SG (repeat as desired)
P21S wax
California duster, Speed shine and a few micro fiber cloths until next wash

This has provided fantastic results and now, with official endorsement from OCBen, I'm even more confident in it. So, yeah - side-by-side pics of Klasse vs. Rejex and some scientific analysis would be great!
Old 10-14-2005, 02:14 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Oh man, what did I set myself up for? .... And I didn't even see it coming!
Old 10-14-2005, 02:25 PM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

AeroSmith

How does the shine look? BTW, how is the x51 treating you?
Old 10-14-2005, 02:26 PM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

OCBen

Do you have a secret sauce for scratch repair?
Old 10-14-2005, 02:32 PM
JohnnyBahamas
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lawjdc
OCBen didn't veto Rejex, thats good enough for me! It would be nice to be able to get the bugs off the front bumper a little easier. I just ordered some (the Rejex, not the bugs) from bumperplugs.com.

I just stumbled into a fantastic dried bug guts remover. In fact, the stuff is so great that it makes washing the car much easier... I hadn't realized how much time it took to get the bugs off.

The product is called "BugBGone" and I found it at NAPA autoparts. Just looked at the bottle for a website and sure enough... http://seafoamsales.com/bugsBGone.htm

Good stuff.
Old 10-14-2005, 02:49 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

There is a fellow Rennlister: Orient Express, who does alot of Concourse with his car, here is a quote from him:
These are excellent points, the wax or sealant is but the topping to the preparation steps, and those steps are what makes a car finish look great. As with Jetskied, I have tried most of the popular waxes, and have found to have preferred some over others, But in the end I settled on Rejex. I have a medium metallic colored car, (Orient Red metallic), and found the depth of Rejex's shine in comparison with Klasse, Zianio, and NXT to be equal or better. What put me over the top was the things that Rejex can do, and the others don't do very well. This includes acting as an anti-bug splat coating for the windshield, and a brake dust repellant for the wheels, along with its useful life being at least double of the other coatings and waxes. Feedback that I have gotten is that the majority think that my Rejex application on the Orient Express is pretty good.
I say bring on the Bugs as the ultimate test...RejeX works ..please submit your findings with the other fancy smancy waxes for a comparo.

As far as shine you really can't tell the difference brand to brand, they are all too close to call.
Old 10-14-2005, 02:59 PM
Stephenkng
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any suggestion on what I need to do prior to apply the Rejex when I receive the 997 in a few weeks? Some suggest to strip the wax and probably clay it before apply the rejex and than wax. What do you all think???
Old 10-14-2005, 03:17 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

No need to Clay a new car.
I'd tell the dealer not to wax or detail the car.

I pulled the plastic wrap off my own car. No detail monkeys!
Old 10-14-2005, 03:36 PM
Stephenkng
Racer

Should I wax it after I apply the Rejex?? Of course, I should wash it before apply the Rejex. Is it correct?
Old 10-14-2005, 03:42 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Stephenkng
Should I wax it after I apply the Rejex?? Of course, I should wash it before apply the Rejex. Is it correct?

NO

Read the info and FAQ here at the RejeX site:
http://www.corrosionx.com/rejex.html
Old 10-14-2005, 03:46 PM
JohnnyBahamas
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Stephenkng
Any suggestion on what I need to do prior to apply the Rejex when I receive the 997 in a few weeks? Some suggest to strip the wax and probably clay it before apply the rejex and than wax. What do you all think???
Personally, I didn't let the dealer even wipe the paint w/ a clean cloth. Tell them to PDI and peel the shipping plastic off the paint ONLY. (some guys drive home with the plastic on, too.) Don't let them wash it, detail it, or touch it in any way. God bless them, but the dealer's prep guys can do a TON of damage to the paint.

When I get it home I wash it with all new gear (each car has it's own gear... same bucket though) and while it is still wet from the first wash, I clay bar all the seam areas left behind by removal of the shipping plastic... the seams look like long, straight razor blade scratches and the clay bar erases them right off.

Then wash it again to get the clay bar spray off, dry, and then do the polish to moisturize the paint (just like skin) and the wax for sun screen (again, just like skin).
Old 10-14-2005, 03:47 PM
Stephenkng
Racer

MJones, Thanks. I guess all I need is to clear it well before applying the Rejex.
Old 10-14-2005, 03:50 PM
wross996tt
Race Car

Received 83 Likes on 62 Posts

As far as I'm concerned the list of products we all talk about: Zaino, Rejex, NXT, Klasse, P21S, etc. are all great products. I think any of them will do a fantastic job. The rest is personal preference and perhaps ease of use. I also don't think any particular claims each manufacturer makes is all that special. They all work well.

Quick Reply: Rejex