Sponsored by:

Club Coupe Spot open, might need buyer

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 07:02 PM
clubrcr
Rennlist Member

Received 48 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Club Coupe Spot open, might need buyer

I had a call today from one of my clients. He said he receievd an email from Porsche today and was informed he won one of the 48 spots to buy a Club Coupe. The car has to be ordered by the 31st and I assume a depoist has to be given. He told me he didn't have the money to buy it at this point and would be willing to give up hsi spot to another person. I personally would buy it from him, but my firm has a strict policy of anything that looks like I am lending money to a client.

Please PM me if you might have an interest.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:04 PM
texas911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So he wants a fee?
Old 08-25-2005, 07:11 PM
clubrcr
Rennlist Member

We didn't talk about it, but I would guess so
Old 08-25-2005, 07:39 PM
texas911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tell him I'll give him $5.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:49 PM
Flott Leben
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did not get an e-mail today. So, I guess I did not win. What is he looking for in a fee?

Last edited by Flott Leben; 08-29-2005 at 12:05 PM.
Old 08-25-2005, 08:07 PM
clubrcr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by texas911
Tell him I'll give him $5.
Be nice....

Originally Posted by Flott Leben
I did not get an e-mai today. So, I guess I did not win. What is he looking for in a fee?
If you are serious, i would ask him.
Old 08-25-2005, 08:33 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

He should just decline the Sales Offer from PCNA.

That would be the right thing to do.

Perhaps then another PCA member would get the opportunity to purchase!
Old 08-25-2005, 09:20 PM
clubrcr
Rennlist Member

I agree to a point, but if someone really wanted the car, there would be no guarantee that him giving up his spot, would give it to the person that wants the car.

Not that I have any financial gain in this, but do you think all the people signed up to buy one are going to buy it and keep it? I would imagine that some of the buyers are going to try to sell their space or the car for a profit?
Old 08-25-2005, 09:29 PM
solsrch
Pro

Originally Posted by MJones
He should just decline the Sales Offer from PCNA.

That would be the right thing to do.
let he who has not bought, or sold, any commodity or good for profit cast the first stone.
okay, I'm out.
Old 08-25-2005, 09:35 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by clubrcr
...... I would imagine that some of the buyers are going to try to sell their space or the car for a profit?
Good luck!

Porsche "special editions" have rarely commanded or held a premium in the marketplace. Even though the X51 package is "free" on this car, it has been demonstrated that it has no value on trade-in, so it's worth exactly $0, and what the S should have come with in the first instance.
Old 08-25-2005, 09:45 PM
clubrcr
Rennlist Member

First off, remember I am the messenger here. With that said, we have all made our living through some sort of capitalistic manner, unless you are luckey enough to be in the "silver platter sperm club". If there is an opportunity, to make a profit, then so be it...

I can promise you that dealers would have a premium on the cars if they had them in their inventory.

I agree that special editions rarely command a premium, but we haven't seen many numbered or very rare Porsches in the US. This is one of the only numbered cars that Porsche has sold since the US Carrera Cup cars. I would be interested to see what happens.
Old 08-25-2005, 09:49 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

It's called basic capitalism, as clubrcr pointed out.

I think he has every right to sell something he has which happens to be in limited supply to the highest bidder in a market where the demand is exceptionally high, regardless of the right thing to do (with all due respect to MJ). Not that I agree with it. But he does have that right, having been lucky enough to win a spot.

I don't know if any of you remember this, or were even aware of it. But a few years ago on E-Bay some guy was auctioning off his place in line to buy one of the first ever Carrera GTs, I believe it was. I remember the bid at the time being in the low thousands. The ad read something like "Carrera GT for Sale" and the ad went on to say that what was being auctioned was not an actual car, but the spot in line to buy the car. I thought it was just ridiculous. But hey, there's an entrepreneur on every corner trying to make a buck. ... And they have every right to do it!
Old 08-25-2005, 10:10 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Clubrcr

The 40th anniversary was a numbered edition (IIRC), in a much more popular color, with the X51 package, and it tanked.

OCBen

Of course any one has the right to do anything they want (so long as it's legal (we won't talk about the morality)); this includes the right to act stupidly. Anyone who pays a "premium" for the 50th anniverary edition is stupid, given the history of Porsche special editions (IMO). Smart buyers, entering the lottery, would have negotiated a "discount" before they named their dealer of choice in case they won a spot..that's where their negotiating power lay.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:45 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Colm
Anyone who pays a "premium" for the 50th anniverary edition is stupid, given the history of Porsche special editions (IMO). Smart buyers, entering the lottery, would have negotiated a "discount" before they named their dealer of choice in case they won a spot..that's where their negotiating power lay.
I believe it was P.T. Barnum who said "There’s a sucker born every minute." And if it weren’t for the stupid, gullible buyers of the world the world’s economy would slow to a crawl.

I couldn't agree with you more. It would be stupid to pay a premium for something that will lose its value on resale. I know I wouldn’t, and I know you wouldn’t. In fact, you seem to be one of the smart buyers you just described who would have negotiated a deal beforehand. How many actually thought of that?

Remember that it is all about perceived value that convinces a potential buyer to fork over his dough. Intrinsic value plays little role for these buyers. Good marketers understand that well.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:45 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I do not have a problem with straight make a buck capitalism....Buy the car and sell or auction it off.

I take issue with someone who for what ever reason, can not afford to do so and abide by the rules of the game and wants to do what I consider an underhanded switcharoo.
Any dealership or dealership personal that aids and abets in this helpful scheme should be scantioned by PCNA as well.

"PCNA may prohibit persons from participating in the Offer or receiving a Negotiation Opportunity if, in its sole discretion, it determines registrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Offer by cheating, deception, or other unfair practices"

Call me old fashioned but stuff like irks me to no end when there are other people including myself who entered and are ready and able to step up to the plate and abide by the rules.

Quick Reply: Club Coupe Spot open, might need buyer