Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Club Coupe Spot open, might need buyer

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 01:09 PM
GT3BB
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is turning into the Porsche version of Queen for a Day.
Old 08-26-2005, 03:29 PM
clubrcr
Rennlist Member

Received 48 Likes on 29 Posts

For what it's worth for all you guys that think there should not be opportunity, go to the mart at pca.org, therer is a car on there for $120K. Also, my fellow pca member, had the local dealership offer to buy his car. I bet the dealership doesn't care about making money from the list of the car and I am sure if they buy from this PCA member, they will only sell it to another PCA member....I also believe in the tooth fairy.

I am all in favor of helping out my fellow PCA members and I would do it without hesitation. I don't think that is what this about.
Old 08-26-2005, 03:38 PM
alex911s
Man of Many Porsches
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

I think there are people who registered to buy one even if they didnt plan on buying, then they come out of all sort of excuses to sell theyre spot etc.. someone who deserves one lost his chance because of these people,IMO
Old 08-26-2005, 04:15 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by clubrcr
Also, my fellow pca member, had the local dealership offer to buy his car.
Sounds to me like a legitimate way for him to profit. He sells his right to purchase to a dealer in exchange for, say, a set of wheels (hint, hint) or other means of "laundering" the transaction. (Oops, did I just say that?) The dealer in turn sells at a markup with tacit approval from PCNA to cover his "selling expenses."
Old 08-26-2005, 04:33 PM
denver88carrera
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by alex911s
I think there are people who registered to buy one even if they didnt plan on buying, then they come out of all sort of excuses to sell theyre spot etc.. someone who deserves one lost his chance because of these people,IMO
I know you are right Alex, as I was one of them. I didn't even consider the prospect of winning and selling a spot when I registered though, like most other folks I really wanted the free one they are giving away! Didn't you?

Some might contest the insinuation that any given dues-paying PCA member who registered for the lottery did or did not "deserve" to win any more or less than anyone else who did the same though. It seemed like a pretty democratic process to me.
Old 08-26-2005, 04:37 PM
texas911
Race Car

I registered though, like most other folks I really wanted the free one they are giving away! Didn't you?
That's bull****, as there are two seperate entries for both. You consciencely had to register for one of the 48 cars. Just come out and be honest. Don't bull**** us. You entered so if you won, you could make a quick buck. Nothing wrong with that, but please don't try to play yourself as innocent.
Old 08-26-2005, 04:45 PM
AeroSmith
Pro

Heck, I for one am glad I didn't win.

Now I'm getting exactly the Carrera S I want, nothing more, nothing less.

If I had won a chance to buy one I'd feel obligated to do so for the X51 savings alone.
Old 08-26-2005, 04:45 PM
denver88carrera
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by texas911
That's bull****, as there are two seperate entries for both. You consciencely had to register for one of the 48 cars. Just come out and be honest. Don't bull**** us. You entered so if you won, you could make a quick buck. Nothing wrong with that, but please don't try to play yourself as innocent.
If that's true then I guess I'm a jackass. I do not remember registering twice but if you had to then I absolutely must have. I apologize.
Old 08-26-2005, 04:57 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Maybe Snipes should see this thread?
Old 08-26-2005, 05:00 PM
OCBen
Banned

Originally Posted by denver88carrera
I do not remember registering twice but if you had to then I absolutely must have. I apologize.
Sounds like an honest mistake to me, with no deliberate attempt at dissembling in front of the many here who had registered and would have known the procedure, making it foolish to try to pull the wool over them.
Old 08-26-2005, 05:17 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by OCBen
Sounds like an honest mistake to me, with no deliberate attempt at dissembling in front of the many here who had registered and would have known the procedure, making it foolish to try to pull the wool over them.
Doubtfull-
Theire were TWO distinct and seperate registration areas-
One for the sweepstakes that did not ask for a designated dealer,
and the Negotiation Opportunity one where you specified your prefered dealer.

Now it's opps I won and now what what to do?.......

I wonder what Snipes might think about this?
Old 08-26-2005, 05:47 PM
OCBen
Banned

And who is Snipes, btw? You cited his name without reference as though everybody knows who he is... except me. I would imagine he's the president of PCNA, right?

Well, my four year PCA membership had lapsed and when I rejoined in June I was ineligible to enter the lottery since the eligibility requirement was for members who had active memberships on the 1st of June. So I wouldn't know what the signup process was. I was bummed out about that 'cuz if I had won the car I was looking forward to selling it.
Old 08-26-2005, 06:15 PM
Texas993
Race Car

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Guys, take it easy on Denver88. We talked about his "slot" and he is not in it for big bucks. Although we never discussed a number, I felt like he was in it more to help someone who wanted the car, and did not get picked. A fellow Rennlister and PCA member.

I decided not to buy the car because I asked a couple of the industry experts (one is the leading authority on pcar resale) how these would fare in the marketplace. The resounding opinion was about 10%-20% better resale than a regular 997S. Unless you park it, hold it for 20 years and hope for the best. This car is not that different than a regular 997S, just paint color, and a logo in the interior. Yes the free X51 is a great value.

So, if you are looking to buy it and flip it for a large profit... good luck. If you want a good deal on a special Porsche that you intend to keep... this is the car... if you don't get hosed on a rediculous markup.

Denver88, I hope you don't mind my comments.
Old 08-26-2005, 06:43 PM
GT3BB
Racer

A fair price is $100.
Old 08-26-2005, 09:49 PM
Ronnie
Instructor

does it come in right hand drive ?? then it would be worth something extra

the honourable thing would be to decline the invitation and let someone else get lucky. If they buy to speculate, then let them be that arsehole. I suspect that there's a good chance that they'll be a real enthusiast and won't buy to sell quick. End of the day, I can't see you making that much money for it to be worth the grief.

Quick Reply: Club Coupe Spot open, might need buyer