Sponsored by:

Of Course its Raining

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 09:57 AM
BuddyG
Burning Brakes

Received 240 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by texas911
Dude, its his car. Not your car. Great for you that you drove your car in snow.
Thanks for posting the obvious dude!

Old 08-15-2005, 10:39 AM
texas911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It is a car, rain will not hurt it. Get out there and drive it!
Well it certainly sounds like you are telling him what to do with his car. Dude.
Old 08-15-2005, 10:49 AM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

At PDE last week it rained and we went out on the track, an interesting learning experience.
Old 08-15-2005, 11:03 AM
BuddyG
Burning Brakes

Received 240 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by texas911
Well it certainly sounds like you are telling him what to do with his car. Dude.
Actually like others on this thread I was just offering my opinion.

Whatever!

Old 08-15-2005, 11:24 AM
AeroSmith
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MJones
At PDE last week it rained and we went out on the track, an interesting learning experience.
It rained for one of my days at both of my PDE courses. It's actually an incredible learning experience going around the track in the rain. It was also quite fun. We did have someone go off the track both time though. That actually made me feel more acomplished just for being able to keep everything under control.
Old 08-15-2005, 03:58 PM
9Eleven
Three Wheelin'

Received 61 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
Sick alright!

But what's the reasoning you won't drive in 95 temperatures or not turn the a/c on..?

Just curious because for not driving in the rain I can understand if someone plans to keep the car for 30+ years and wants to prevent the rust in all possible ways but for not driving in 95 temps or not turning the a/c on, I just can't see what the reason is..?
I just don't want to put an additional drain on the engine by turning on the A/C. If it's too hot, she stays in the garage. I know, I'm sick. Maybe I'll feel differently after a few years. But, I doubt it.
Old 08-15-2005, 04:02 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

Originally Posted by I XLR8
I just don't want to put an additional drain on the engine by turning on the A/C. If it's too hot, she stays in the garage. I know, I'm sick. Maybe I'll feel differently after a few years. But, I doubt it.
If it bugs you to turn on the A/C, then will it bug you to take your GT3 to the track? If you have no plans to take your GT3 to the track, why did you buy it? There are many more cars out there that would probably be a better match for road use only, including the 997S. If you do plan on taking it to the track, the A/C should be the last of your worries. In any event, your GT3 can handle driving with the A/C. Also, babying your car will probably be harder on it than driving it "vigorously," even with the A/C

When you get ready to sell, PM me. I am local.

Last edited by TD in DC; 08-15-2005 at 04:23 PM.
Old 08-15-2005, 06:30 PM
Pierre
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just don't want to put an additional drain on the engine by turning on the A/C. If it's too hot, she stays in the garage. [...]
You're kidding us, right?...

Greetings,
--Pierre
Old 08-15-2005, 06:54 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

If it's too hot, she stays in the garage...
What, did this suddenly become the How **** can you be? thread?

Okay, I see your It's too hot to run outside, baby. And I'll raise you this:

My wife often gives me this impatient look when she asks if we're going in the Porsche, knowing it's not a simple matter of just hopping in the car and taking off. She knows by now the ritual. And the conditions under which we can leave. And that is when there is no visible dust on the Porsche - it doesn't leave the garage dirty, to be seen in public that way - it must be as close to pristine condition as possible. So when she sees the cover car on she knows it's just a simple matter of taking the cover off, since she knows by now that the cover goes on only to preserve the pristine condition. Otherwise, she knows she'll have to wait for me to use the California duster and wipe down using detailing spritz.
Old 08-15-2005, 06:57 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

Originally Posted by OCBen

My wife often gives me this impatient look when she asks if we're going in the Porsche, knowing it's not a simple matter of just hopping in the car and taking off. She knows by now the ritual. And the conditions under which we can leave. And that is when there is no visible dust on the Porsche - it doesn't leave the garage dirty, to be seen in public that way - it must be as close to pristine condition as possible. So when she sees the cover car on she knows it's just a simple matter of taking the cover off, since she knows by now that the cover goes on only to preserve the pristine condition. Otherwise, she knows she'll have to wait for me to use the California duster and wipe down using detailing spritz.
You would be horrified at seeing my car. I keep it clean, but my love of driving it so outweighs my tolerance of cleaning/polishing it that I would never do anything that would delay me from jumping in the car and driving off. If I have my keys in my hands, it is far more likely that I will make up an excuse to run an errand than reach for the spritze and california duster.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:33 PM
9Eleven
Three Wheelin'

Received 61 Likes on 47 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by TD in DC
If it bugs you to turn on the A/C, then will it bug you to take your GT3 to the track? If you have no plans to take your GT3 to the track, why did you buy it? There are many more cars out there that would probably be a better match for road use only, including the 997S. If you do plan on taking it to the track, the A/C should be the last of your worries. In any event, your GT3 can handle driving with the A/C. Also, babying your car will probably be harder on it than driving it "vigorously," even with the A/C

When you get ready to sell, PM me. I am local.
I have driven "vigorously" through some very beautiful country roads in southern Maryland on my way to Solomons Island. I know it's not legal, but I had her up to 125 mph down Route 6 and she hasn't broken 1k miles yet. A little twitchy though, she needs an alignment. Will do at 1k service. I guess it's new and I will baby her for a while. I did the same with my HD Fatboy until I got used to her.

Although, my bike has never seen the rain and it's an 03. Don't get me wrong, I'm not overly ****, just cautious when it's brand spanking new. TD, if you ever want take some beautiful country roads down to Solomons, I'll meet you for a brew. No rainy days though.
Old 08-15-2005, 10:04 PM
Riad
Chandler!
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

What people do with their cars is their business, but I have to admit this is certainly a bit odd.

Old 08-15-2005, 10:07 PM
1080iAddict
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by OCBen

LOL!!! I am EXACTLY the same way. Exactly.
Old 08-15-2005, 10:36 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

I have driven "vigorously" through some very beautiful country roads in southern Maryland on my way to Solomons Island. I know it's not legal, but I had her up to 125 mph down Route 6 and she hasn't broken 1k miles yet. A little twitchy though, she needs an alignment. Will do at 1k service. I guess it's new and I will baby her for a while. I did the same with my HD Fatboy until I got used to her.

Although, my bike has never seen the rain and it's an 03. Don't get me wrong, I'm not overly ****, just cautious when it's brand spanking new. TD, if you ever want take some beautiful country roads down to Solomons, I'll meet you for a brew. No rainy days though.
I am always up for a brew. Don't sweat the car, though. I'm betting it can take whatever you give it and more. Why don't you come on out to Summit Point on August 27-29 for the Potomac DE? You won't be able to drive if you aren't signed up yet, but you can meet a bunch of us and hopefully catch the track bug.
Old 08-15-2005, 11:57 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I guess it's new and I will baby her for a while... Don't get me wrong, I'm not overly ****, just cautious when it's brand spanking new.
If your car still looks as sharp as in your avatar, well then that's a sharp looking GT3. And I don't blame you one bit for wanting to baby your baby. I commend you for your honesty, though, in openly admitting that you don't take your car out if it's too hot outside.

As riad said, "What people do with their cars is their business." Yep, to each his own... yada yada.

Quick Reply: Of Course its Raining