Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   997 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/997-forum-113/)
-   -   Gt 3 pictures taken today (https://rennlist.com/forums/997-forum/191360-gt-3-pictures-taken-today.html)

Flying Finn 03-16-2005 03:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by GreigM
Without getting into the middle of a bitchfight can I add my 2cents worth....

Remember the Motorsport department at Weissach is responsible for all GT models and it is well known that there is a constant battle between motorsport and mainstream production as to what gets specified in the cars.

For example, on the subject of traction control/PSM/PASM the non-motorsport facility declared that all Porsche with > 400bhp will be 4wd - so motorsport subsequently produced the GT2, which is full RWD.

So I guess it depends on who is running the show in Germany right now - I would wager that motorsport will still have their way with the GT releases and there will be no PSM...

Greg's right on the money here.

In a way there are two factories inside the factory at Porsche and since there are plenty of people even inside the Porsche who don't have 100% idea so all this speculation in Autoweek, other magazines and especially here is just that, speculation.

No one of you knows what the car in the photos is so while you are guessing what it is etc. no need to start getting nasty against each other.

At least it seems now more people are starting to believe GT3 is coming here, I remember not that long ago arguing about whether it's coming or not.

Let's not get so worked out about some spy photos, they don't necessary mean anything, we know Porsche is very good at fooling public, or what do you think about this "993 test mule"?
Anyone who back then guessed right how 993 ended up looking like, please stand up. ;)

Blue S2 03-16-2005 04:57 PM

This is true. Porsche was testing the Cayenne using Jeep Cherokees as mules, and other similar things. I have pictures of those somewhere!

mnmblu 03-16-2005 04:59 PM

Hey Finn,
Great point and one would assume such an obvious one. That is some camo job they did in that picture. If I hadn't know it was a 993 mule, I would have thought it was a 964.

JLJ 03-16-2005 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by sweanders
Dude, what is your problem?

he asked me to post this picture read his post and calm down

Flying Finn 03-16-2005 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by mnmblu
Hey Finn,
Great point and one would assume such an obvious one. That is some camo job they did in that picture. If I hadn't know it was a 993 mule, I would have thought it was a 964.

In deed! When you look at that car, it obviously looks like 964, just some minor details such as windshield vipers are from 993, which at the time, people didn't know are 993 vipers but now later are easier to "spot".

Moogle 03-16-2005 11:17 PM

this thread is retarded, one of the most retarded in recent memory

Le Chef 03-16-2005 11:29 PM

What I love about JLJ is that he has ABSOLUTELY no proof of any comment he's made: all complete fabrication.

JLJ if you have proof then lets see a scan of it or post a pdf somewhere. As the Brits would say prove to us that you're not "All mouth and no trousers".

Guys, if he can't offer any genuine proof of the 997 GT3 you just have to laugh at him. He will then go a way and play with himself somewhere else...

JLJ 03-17-2005 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by Le Chef
What I love about JLJ is that he has ABSOLUTELY no proof of any comment he's made: all complete fabrication.

JLJ if you have proof then lets see a scan of it or post a pdf somewhere. As the Brits would say prove to us that you're not "All mouth and no trousers".

Guys, if he can't offer any genuine proof of the 997 GT3 you just have to laugh at him. He will then go a way and play with himself somewhere else...

the proof is that a porsche car of the gt series..1 2 or 3 wont come with PSM, sport chrono etc .read above from moogle..agreed!

Le Chef 03-17-2005 08:46 AM

That's heresay and tortology, not proof

Originally Posted by JLJ
the proof is that a porsche car of the gt series..1 2 or 3 wont come with PSM, sport chrono etc .read above from moogle..agreed!

You are using a circular argument and not offering any proof. Do you actually have any to offer, or are you now going to hide behind someone who does know what they're talking about?

JLJ 03-17-2005 08:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
new GT3

JLJ 03-17-2005 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by Moogle
this thread is retarded, one of the most retarded in recent memory

i tam torry,dery dery torry

mnmblu 03-17-2005 12:03 PM

Ohhhh, now I love that model, I'll take two. :)

JLJ 03-17-2005 12:10 PM

Ohhhh, now I live that model, I'll take two. :)

comes with a 6 cylinder and four on the floor but runs on alcohol

mnmblu 03-17-2005 12:37 PM

Now there you go again... can you provide factory specs? ;)

JLJ 03-17-2005 01:06 PM

Now there you go again... can you provide factory specs? ;)

calm down and pull your pants up