Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   997 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/997-forum-113/)
-   -   Gt 3 pictures taken today (https://rennlist.com/forums/997-forum/191360-gt-3-pictures-taken-today.html)

PTEC 03-16-2005 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by JLJ
im in the twilight zone here. please post this stuff on the GT2/GT3 board and watch the raping begin.
im the only one here with a GT3 and im arguing with morons. no offense. please post it on GT2/GT3 forum and prove me wrong if you can

Sorry, I dont have time to read the rest of this thread after what I posted but I fail to see how you owning a 996 GT3 gives you the amazing ability to predict what options the 997 (key word there) GT3 will have. I dont believe in spouting off B.S. numbers and facts about cars that arent even released yet but saying what the same car WONT have is almost as bad. The fact of the matter is no one knows what the 997 will and will not have, plain and simple. My original post was meant to bring light to this fact.

At this point you cant point a finger and say "Porsche wont" or "You dont get it." The only thing any of us need to "get" right now is the fact that Porsche is doing anything they can to make a profit lately and adding factory options is a sure way to do so.

Blue S2 03-16-2005 02:00 AM

Especially when factory options have rediculous prices for things that normally cost a lot less!

mnmblu 03-16-2005 02:02 AM

Ghosts of Agro1

adrial 03-16-2005 02:27 AM

You guys are adults?

That's really, really funny.

MKW 03-16-2005 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by sweanders
Is it my imagination or is that a turbocharger hiding under the rear skirt of that first picture?

No it's not your imagination . This car is a cold weather test mule for the Cayman's 3.4 l turbo motor/exhaust unit - hence the central exhaust with the 997 aerokit's usual exhaust cut outs taped over to make it look like a GT3 . Hence the high ride height, sunroof , etc of a reg 997 .

TT Surgeon 03-16-2005 11:02 AM

Bottom line, Porsche will offer the 997 GT3 in any form it has to in order to sell more cars. If that means a sunroof, nav system and back seats to broaden it's appeal, so be it. Sadly, this is what the GT3 has come to, as you know 'enthusiasts' make up a very small market sector, so why cator to them when they'll probably buy the car anyway.

JLJ 03-16-2005 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by C4S Surgeon
Bottom line, Porsche will offer the 997 GT3 in any form it has to in order to sell more cars. If that means a sunroof, nav system and back seats to broaden it's appeal, so be it. Sadly, this is what the GT3 has come to, as you know 'enthusiasts' make up a very small market sector, so why cator to them when they'll probably buy the car anyway.

did you forget to take your medication today or did you have a stroke just prior to typing this? :) :rolleyes: :) :rolleyes: :) :) :)

TT Surgeon 03-16-2005 11:11 AM

No ljl, I took all my meds today, I think.
Sadly, I think this prediction will come to pass. Porsche ONLY cares about profits and selling as many cars as possible. I hope I'm wrong, but afraid not.
BTW, put up your Gore shot again, I love that one.
Later

JLJ 03-16-2005 11:13 AM

ok but this means you are talking ****

sweanders 03-16-2005 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by JLJ
ok but this means you are talking ****

Dude, what is your problem?

GreigM 03-16-2005 12:09 PM

Without getting into the middle of a bitchfight can I add my 2cents worth....

Remember the Motorsport department at Weissach is responsible for all GT models and it is well known that there is a constant battle between motorsport and mainstream production as to what gets specified in the cars.

For example, on the subject of traction control/PSM/PASM the non-motorsport facility declared that all Porsche with > 400bhp will be 4wd - so motorsport subsequently produced the GT2, which is full RWD.

So I guess it depends on who is running the show in Germany right now - I would wager that motorsport will still have their way with the GT releases and there will be no PSM.

The photos which started this thread look very similar to these:
http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/t...8&t=149842&h=0

If you read the commentary and then look further down the 2nd page you will see that this seems to be simply Aerokit on a carerra (which variety is under debate). The car in this thread had full rear seats etc....so not a GT model.

This may however be the basic look of the production GT3, but if you look at a 997 GT3 cup car (which the GT3 usually looks identical to) http://www.gt3cup.com/monza.html you will see a very different rear wing - it may be the production GT3 will have this to differentiate between a GT and a Carerra with bodykit.

Finally, sources from within Porsche UK are not expecting the release of the 997 GT3 until mid-2006, so I would be surprised if they are road-testing already.

Whatever this is, I think it looks pretty good, but I hope to god they do not use any derivative of the current 997 engine.

texas911 03-16-2005 12:11 PM

did you forget to take your medication today
Wow, what a comeback!

And then the profanity!

Sure signs that he's lost the argument.

Shane O'Neill 03-16-2005 12:24 PM

Who cares?
We will get what we get.
Shane

mnmblu 03-16-2005 01:51 PM

Pretty hostile for a Canuck. Where were you when we needed you in Iraq?

Love the Gore flash. Good humor is always based in truth.

BD997 03-16-2005 03:12 PM

still looks fun....