Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   997 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/997-forum-113/)
-   -   Gt 3 pictures taken today (https://rennlist.com/forums/997-forum/191360-gt-3-pictures-taken-today.html)

Bill_C4S 03-15-2005 01:13 PM

As for adjustable suspension....the 360CS comes so equipped...inclusive a button on the console saying "RACE"...so what's the big deal if the 997 GT3 is similarly enabled?

I'd be happy to see a manettino as well (ala F430)...and any other F1 derived performance enhancing technology...

Such is unlikely though since Porsche now considers cutting edge racing something to observe...as opposed to participate in.

The cutting edge drivers car from Porsche - ie. GT3 - needs to be just that...I do not consider it antithetical to this pursuit of this for it to be endowed with a processor or three.

texas911 03-15-2005 03:26 PM

Didn't know that the 996 GT3 had PASM.

Blue S2 03-15-2005 04:00 PM

I dont want to name names or anything, but DAMN some people are a little overly passionate about this topic???? HAHA, crap. You want a track car, strip it yourself! If the next GT3 comes with 19s...uncheck that box when you put in an order and request smaller! Dont want a rear wiper..."delete", dont want sound deadening? ...REMOVE IT!

As far as we know that car could be the next C4S and they are testing an aerokit with heavy camo!
Please, respect!

Will the next GT3 be ANY LESS of a performance monster if it DOES come with a rear wiper??? Im sure 3/4 of the buyers can't even drive the car at 9/10s so i doubt it would honestly make a difference. 19" wheels are huge, then again, Porsche always uses random wheels on their test mules.

And for the early comment on why are they testing in snow? Camp 4 anyone? Porsche ALWAYS tests in the most extrmeme climates. Their cars must be the best in snow, desert, anything you can throw at them.

I think some people need to lighten up and go driving and enjoy themselves or something.

JLJ 03-15-2005 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Richard in Colorado

SWEET!!

JLJ 03-15-2005 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by texas911
Didn't know that the 996 GT3 had PASM.

PASM isnt adjustable suspension its automatic dampening adjusting. different from adjustable suspension. read up

JLJ 03-15-2005 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Blue S2
I dont want to name names or anything, but DAMN some people are a little overly passionate about this topic???? HAHA, crap. You want a track car, strip it yourself! If the next GT3 comes with 19s...uncheck that box when you put in an order and request smaller! Dont want a rear wiper..."delete", dont want sound deadening? ...REMOVE IT!

As far as we know that car could be the next C4S and they are testing an aerokit with heavy camo!
Please, respect!

Will the next GT3 be ANY LESS of a performance monster if it DOES come with a rear wiper??? Im sure 3/4 of the buyers can't even drive the car at 9/10s so i doubt it would honestly make a difference. 19" wheels are huge, then again, Porsche always uses random wheels on their test mules.

And for the early comment on why are they testing in snow? Camp 4 anyone? Porsche ALWAYS tests in the most extrmeme climates. Their cars must be the best in snow, desert, anything you can throw at them.

I think some people need to lighten up and go driving and enjoy themselves or something.

explain to me the value of testing a non psm,2 wheel drive non undercoated car in the snow. please and thanks. would love to hear it. no one drives a GT3 in the snow...extreme tests for a GT3 mule would be track and dyno testing, not winter driving. heloooooooooo....ground control to major tom. did we see winter testing mules of the carrera GT??

texas911 03-15-2005 05:34 PM

Automatic ADJUSTing dampers. Hmmm, vaguely sounds like adjustable suspension.

But hey, I'll stop this debate with you because you sure know so much more than the rest of us. Being a GT3 owner, we should give you the respect and adulation that comes with being the only "real" Porsche driver.

Here's a bit of news flash for you, maybe we didn't see any spy pics of the CGT in winter testing, but I'm sure they did it. "Excellence is Expected" not half hearted engineering.

JLJ 03-15-2005 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by texas911
Automatic ADJUSTing dampers. Hmmm, vaguely sounds like adjustable suspension.

But hey, I'll stop this debate with you because you sure know so much more than the rest of us. Being a GT3 owner, we should give you the respect and adulation that comes with being the only "real" Porsche driver.

Here's a bit of news flash for you, maybe we didn't see any spy pics of the CGT in winter testing, but I'm sure they did it. "Excellence is Expected" not half hearted engineering.

adjustable equals manual human adjustable..i.e. preload, sway bar settings, toe, camber...not electronics that restrict the flow of oil thru a dampener ala PASM.
you are arguing and you dont even know. i dont know everything but i dont wave my fist and shout when i know nothing. so i suppose porsche ran their indy car thru the snow and their 962's in the arctic as well. please.... :rtfm:

texas911 03-15-2005 05:48 PM

Wow I didn't know that cold weather testing was in the manual. I'll certainly read about that tonight.

And I guess the GT3 you buy from your dealer is a bonafide race car like the Indy 500 race car that you compare it to. Wow!

JLJ 03-15-2005 06:47 PM

look at the GT2/GT3 forum under new GT3 pictures. you can apologise after you read the comments

graham_mitchell 03-15-2005 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by JLJ
heloooooooooo....ground control to major tom. did we see winter testing mules of the carrera GT??

Major Tom to ground control... yes we did!
Here is a Porsche video of a CGT mule being tested in icy conditions.
And whaddya know... they used non-standard wheels ;)

http://193.175.6.226/all/carreragt/m...orscut_dsl.wmv

Oh, and I know people who do drive GT3s in the snow. If it's your only car and it snows where you live then it's hard to avoid!

JLJ 03-15-2005 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by graham_mitchell
Major Tom to ground control... yes we did!
Here is a Porsche video of a CGT mule being tested in icy conditions.
And whaddya know... they used non-standard wheels ;)

http://193.175.6.226/all/carreragt/m...orscut_dsl.wmv

Oh, and I know people who do drive GT3s in the snow. If it's your only car and it snows where you live then it's hard to avoid!

oh my god you are a moron. it isnt being tested in icy condiotions its on a racetrack that is bone dry, there is some snow on the grass.. nice desperate attempt but this isnt porsche doing winter testing of a carrera GT . please give up now :roflmao: :roflmao:

Blue S2 03-15-2005 07:29 PM

Actually, YES!!! There are many reason to test in the snow, even a GT3 made for the track. See, even if someone isnt planning on driving the GT3 in the snow.... what if they do live in Finalnd? Or some parts of Canada, or Russia? (i know we ALL remember PC-Russia pics!) Its COLD AS SH*T !!!!!! You want to make sure the car, its functions, and parts all respond well in bitter cold weather. You DONT want the car's seals shrinking or becoming brittle, and then opening up the GT3 engine and having everything become crap from the heat expansion process. You want to make sure electronics, etc... are all up to the extremem cold, because, they sell cars in ALL parts of the world. There are plenty of reasons to test cars. Gas shocks dont respond the same in cold weather do they? With testing, they can up tolerances and design a car that will be great in all environments.

EDIT: And who is to say Porsche DIDNT test the CGT in ice and snow? Just because we didnt see it? There is plenty we dont see from Porsche. They did desert testing of the CGT, im sure they did snow testing as well.

JLJ 03-15-2005 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Blue S2
Actually, YES!!! There are many reason to test in the snow, even an GT3 made for the track. See, even if someone isnt planning on driving the GT3 in the snow.... what if they do live in Finalnd? Or some parts of Canada, or Russia? (i know we ALL remember PC-Russia pics!) Its COLD AS SH*T !!!!!! You want to make sure the car, its functions, and parts all respond well in bitter cold weather. You DONT want the car's seals shrinking or becoming brittle, and then opening up the GT3 engine and having everything become crap from the heat expansion process. You want to make sure electronics, etc... are all up to the extremem cold, because, they sell cars in ALL parts of the world. There are plenty of reasons to test cars. Gas shocks dont respond the same in cold weather do they? With testing, they can up tolerances and design a car that will be great in all environments.

EDIT: And who is to say Porsche DIDNT test the CGT in ice and snow? Just because we didnt see it? There is plenty we dont see from Porsche. They did desert testing of the CGT, im sure they did snow testing as well.

you should hang out with the video posting dude above

Cupcar#12 03-15-2005 07:32 PM

cough...Funny Thread :)
especially over an aero kit 997S with the "Sport design exhaust" option

Personally i'm glad the Taco wing is back.