Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997.2 for sale for over 2 months

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 03:50 PM
63mercedes
Burning Brakes

Received 271 Likes on 193 Posts

Listen to groov. With replacement costs not to many people want to rush into a 15 year old pdk out of warranty. They're solid transmissions and 3rd parties are starting to work on them along with some guys here making sensors. But, a 15k transmission is a 15k transmission. My clutch went last summer at 50xxx miles. 2400 for parts and labor and Im good for another 50k miles. I specifically had to have a manual for that reason. Manual not only drives like a manual, its cheaper to own so price goes up.
Old Yesterday, 04:46 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,954 Likes on 2,929 Posts

Originally Posted by 63mercedes
Listen to groov. With replacement costs not to many people want to rush into a 15 year old pdk out of warranty. They're solid transmissions and 3rd parties are starting to work on them along with some guys here making sensors. But, a 15k transmission is a 15k transmission. My clutch went last summer at 50xxx miles. 2400 for parts and labor and Im good for another 50k miles. I specifically had to have a manual for that reason. Manual not only drives like a manual, its cheaper to own so price goes up.
Not to mention the Manual Transmission experience being far superior (IMO) than a boring (IMO) PDK.
With my recent Hip Arthiritis issues I do however understand the pain involved in shifting for some of us as we age. Also daily driving traffic.
Even if I lost both legs I would find a way to drive a MT.
I've always used my P-Car for pleasure/aggressive mountain/curves driving/overnight trips w/wife and not a daily driver so of course my opinion differs.

Last edited by groovzilla; Yesterday at 04:47 PM.
Old Yesterday, 04:51 PM
B911L
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts

Contrary to what some morons here may think, PDK is a blast to drive.
Old Yesterday, 05:35 PM
jamesinger
Three Wheelin'

Received 805 Likes on 453 Posts

My car had 2 "owners" that were dealers either being shady with titles or taking a long time to sell the car. One of the "owners"/dealers who I bought it from and they had it listed for $10k more than I ended up buying it for over 3 months after they posted it. During that time, lots of people needed to "check with their wife" or "secure funding" on an over 10 year old car. When I was younger in college, ZERO banks would give me a loan for an E36 M3 when they were over 10, so I assume that this is pretty common and why cars drop in value when they breach 10 years old.

All this ended in me casually sticking to my initial offer until the dealer considered it. When they did, I had the car towed to my own indie to do my own PPI secondary to theirs. Enough issues (tires/general maintenance) was needed to justify a little over 10k OFF the listing price, so I got the car at the price I originally offered because it had been sitting on their floor for months. the car had 15k on the odo and still smelled new. Basically, the 2 actual people who owned it before me stored the car for me since new and just drove it enough to only rot the original tires, which were still on it. It is my daily driver still and I love it.
Old Yesterday, 06:37 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by B911L
Contrary to what some morons here may think, PDK is a blast to drive.
I apologize. I keep forgetting we have some female drivers here.

Last edited by groovzilla; Yesterday at 06:39 PM.
Old Yesterday, 07:21 PM
B911L
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by groovzilla
I apologize. I keep forgetting we have some female drivers here.
At least the morons recognize themselves.
Old Yesterday, 07:47 PM
Wayne Smith
Rennlist Member

Received 1,237 Likes on 795 Posts

Originally Posted by B911L
At least the morons recognize themselves.
Yep, the "my way or the highway" guy who is confident that anyone who doesn't see the world through his eyes have their heads up their own ********.

Mods ... Feel free to delete this if you feel the need. And apologies if that's the case.
Old Yesterday, 08:24 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Wayne Smith
Yep, the "my way or the highway" guy who is confident that anyone who doesn't see the world through his eyes have their heads up their own ********.
Mods ... Feel free to delete this if you feel the need. And apologies if that's the case.
Sort of harsh---->I did say IMO in my PDK post ----->Both of you seem overly sensitive with teeny-tiny sense of humor.

Last edited by groovzilla; Yesterday at 09:57 PM.

Quick Reply: 997.2 for sale for over 2 months