Sponsored by:

PCCM+ DIY Guide

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2024, 10:45 AM
Finnster997
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pnw-porsche
Installed a PCCM into my 997.1 and added a backup camera powered by a relay - triggered off tap into reverse wire at taillight. But, when auto configuring PCCM, no rear camera is detected.

I’ve measured 11.9V at the reverse trigger PIN6 when MT shifted into reverse and 0V otherwise. I’ve also confirmed 11.9V at my camera, and 1.1V at the video input going into the adaptor for pin9/10 at the PCCM.

Does the voltage need to exceed 12V in order to trigger the PCCM? (Haven’t driven the car in a few weeks so battery is reading < 12V).

Any other measurements to check? I’ve got a portable video display on order to verify video output, and I’ve ordered a 110 to 12V adaptor to hard-wire PIN6 for verification.

Did you try the auto configure with the car running and in reverse? When I did mine, the car had to be running in order to detect the camera.

Old 08-28-2024, 10:48 AM
pnw-porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Finnster997
Did you try the auto configure with the car running and in reverse? When I did mine, the car had to be running in order to detect the camera.
Tried configuring with:
1) key in ON position
2) key in ON with taillight
3) engine running (taillight not plugged in)
Old 08-28-2024, 11:12 AM
Finnster997
Rennlist Member

Tried configuring with:
1) key in ON position
2) key in ON with taillight
3) engine running (taillight not plugged in)
try engine running with the taillight plugged in. That’s how I had to do mine.
Old 09-02-2024, 04:31 PM
nozzle
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you want to use the Batwing for the USB connection board, I designed this guy for my printer. figured I'd share the file if anyone needs it.

https://www.printables.com/model/993...us-radio-upgra

The install on my 996

just unscrew the board from the square case and it mounts to the batwing/case. instead of the glove box or passenger seat
Old 09-08-2024, 12:53 PM
pnw-porsche
Rennlist Member

Thanks @jgoga for the nice usb relocation cables. I spliced in an additional rear usb to the cable lenabling me to run:
1) wireless CarPlay adapter in glovebox from rear usb (previously the front usb)
2) MagSafe charger wired behind pccm to newly spliced front usb (previously rear usb)
3) Front usb (previously CarPlay) for passenger charging.

note: I’m not sure about the PCCM power rating for the (former rear) usb to support two phones charging at the same time - use your own judgement.

Old 09-17-2024, 04:55 AM
pnw-porsche
Rennlist Member

Installed a PCCM into my 997.1 and added a backup camera powered by a relay - triggered off tap into reverse wire at taillight. But, when auto configuring PCCM, no rear camera is detected.

I’ve measured 11.9V at the reverse trigger PIN6 when MT shifted into reverse and 0V otherwise. I’ve also confirmed 11.9V at my camera, and 1.1V at the video input going into the adaptor for pin9/10 at the PCCM.

Does the voltage need to exceed 12V in order to trigger the PCCM? (Haven’t driven the car in a few weeks so battery is reading < 12V).

Any other measurements to check? I’ve got a portable video display on order to verify video output, and I’ve ordered a 110 to 12V adaptor to hard-wire PIN6 for verification.
I unplugged the camera and tested at home with an rca cord and TV - couldn’t get an image to display, which confirms the camera was faulty.

Ordered another camera and PCCM detected it immediately (acc position 2, taillight plugged in). This confirms that on some PCCM versions, even with 12v applied to PIN6, it’ll read “no camera detected” if the camera is unplugged OR the camera is bad. Certain posts indicate the pccm would still shift to reverse view and display a “no camera”‘orange icon - but this was not the case.

I appreciate the diy thread here and the help provided by others with my original question.
The following users liked this post:
Finnster997 (09-17-2024)
Old 09-17-2024, 11:17 AM
pnw-porsche
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by function12
Below seems to be the fix. Plug your old black antenna connector into the top antenna position on the back of the new PCCM+ and do NOT use the antenna amp bypass. Leave that connected the way the factory did.

.https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...l#post18775714
Confirmed this solved FM reception issues for my radio setup with only one black connector.
- keep original connectors plugged in under carpet
- plug black radio connector directly into top radio connection on PCCM
Old Today, 11:01 AM
Speed_Bee
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AHD vs HD Camera

Originally Posted by MagnusB
Solved, the backup camera works now.
The issue was I needed to cut a "feature" wire on the camera. The instructions on the camera itself was wrong (inverted).
Do you know what change function the cut wire provided? My camera is similar with wire options and default is HD. There is an option to cut the wire for Analog HD (AHD). Waiting on parts, but would be good to know what PCCM+ camera input plays nice with.
Old Today, 11:23 AM
Finnster997
Rennlist Member

Default Camera

This one worked for me, no function wires needed to cut.

NATIKA Backup/Front View... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H852D49?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Last edited by Finnster997; Today at 11:26 AM.
Old Today, 11:39 AM
pnw-porsche
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Speed_Bee
Do you know what change function the cut wire provided? My camera is similar with wire options and default is HD. There is an option to cut the wire for Analog HD (AHD). Waiting on parts, but would be good to know what PCCM+ camera input plays nice with.
Resolution support is 720p per my understanding. My camera didn’t have any option wires. Would suggest testing camera on TV first, and then go to car after confirming it works. Don’t cut the wires until you need to change something.
Speed_Bee (Today)
Old Today, 01:07 PM
MagnusB
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Speed_Bee
AHD. The Camera is either AHD or CVBS and it looked like AHD was default but it clearly wasn't.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804471563107.html?
Speed_Bee (Today)

Quick Reply: PCCM+ DIY Guide