Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Doesn't seem to be many 997.2s for sale

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2022 | 10:13 AM
DavidNC911
Track Day

Originally Posted by gman19
Per the dealer, LuxSport, this 997.2 PTS C4S car is still available. When contacted, the dealer said it did not meet reserve. How's that possible when the auction says it sold?
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...ra-4s-coupe-2/
I'm starting to wonder just how much back room dealing happens with BAT.. This seems to have happen a good bit recently.
Old 04-04-2022 | 12:58 PM
LloydStC
Rennlist Member

I have followed this car since it appeared on the website of Flemington (NJ) Porsche last November. I tried to buy it from Flemington but LuxSport was able to drive down from Long Island and bought it almost immediately. My opinion is that the value in this particular car is in the very high end and unusual spec which includes full leather, many additional leather bits, deviated stitching, aluminum look parts (gear lever, air vents and footrest), carbon steering wheel and center console (which was replaced by Flemington for $3400), sport chrono, sport exhaust, and a complete infotainment system. In addition it has new P4S tires, a fresh full car PPF treatment I and 18 months of CPO warranty left.

Then there is the paint-to-sample special color of Iris Blue Metallic which gives the car a truly special look. This car is a unique and you will likely not find a similar 997. Some believe the original owner spec'd the car to resemble the 2006 Carrera S Club Coupe.

Lance at LuxSport said to me that BaT set the wrong reserve. After several discussions with Lance about the value of this car I don't believe that he would have set the reserve at the hammer price of the auction. But it would interesting hear the auction winner's point of view as to what happened.
Old 04-04-2022 | 01:54 PM
gman19
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LloydStC
I have followed this car since it appeared on the website of Flemington (NJ) Porsche last November. I tried to buy it from Flemington but LuxSport was able to drive down from Long Island and bought it almost immediately. My opinion is that the value in this particular car is in the very high end and unusual spec which includes full leather, many additional leather bits, deviated stitching, aluminum look parts (gear lever, air vents and footrest), carbon steering wheel and center console (which was replaced by Flemington for $3400), sport chrono, sport exhaust, and a complete infotainment system. In addition it has new P4S tires, a fresh full car PPF treatment I and 18 months of CPO warranty left.

Then there is the paint-to-sample special color of Iris Blue Metallic which gives the car a truly special look. This car is a unique and you will likely not find a similar 997. Some believe the original owner spec'd the car to resemble the 2006 Carrera S Club Coupe.

Lance at LuxSport said to me that BaT set the wrong reserve. After several discussions with Lance about the value of this car I don't believe that he would have set the reserve at the hammer price of the auction. But it would interesting hear the auction winner's point of view as to what happened.
It's an incredible spec for sure. What is the market value of this car?
Old 04-04-2022 | 02:11 PM
LloydStC
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gman19
It's an incredible spec for sure. What is the market value of this car?
LuxSport has asked $120K and Flemington asked $110K.

Quick Reply: Doesn't seem to be many 997.2s for sale