Sponsored by:

PPI at Porsche Dealer? =\

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2022, 03:28 PM
Dubbed743
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by groovzilla
Not true. Many high end used car dealerships will do a PPI contingency. I did 2 PPI's w/contingency's this past summer (997S & 997C4) before finding/buying my current 997 C4 from a private party which I also PPI's/Bore Scope Inspected and my deal was contingent on both.
If used car dealer won;t allow a PPI/Bore Scope Inspection contingency walk away

Glad that worked for you, however I believe your experience is currently the exception to the rule.

The car I'm referencing was a trade-in at a non-Porsche "exotic" new-car dealer. When they have no new cars on the floor and a 10 person waiting list for every single $300k+ car they get in for 12 months, you don't have many options as a buyer.
Old 01-17-2022, 03:38 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,966 Likes on 2,938 Posts

Originally Posted by Dubbed743
Glad that worked for you, however I believe your experience is currently the exception to the rule.
The car I'm referencing was a trade-in at a non-Porsche "exotic" new-car dealer. When they have no new cars on the floor and a 10 person waiting list for every single $300k+ car they get in for 12 months, you don't have many options as a buyer.
I'm sure there are some high end dealerships that don't allow PPI contingency's. But I believe the majority do.
High end Exotic car dealership Grand Prix Motors in Portland Or. has probably the largest collection of high end Porsche cars in their inventory. They allow PPI contingency.They allow both PPI's & Bore Scope Inspection contingent on sale and will write up the deal accordingly. I wanted to buy a 991 from them last year but it had glass sunroof and after inner head debate I passed. But I got close to pulling trigger.
PPI-Bore Scope Inspection is a good amount of cash ($375 + $375) and even in this busy sales climate, unless you have deep pockets and money is no issue, having contingency is important as negotiating tool and to also find out condition of car.

Last edited by groovzilla; 01-17-2022 at 03:40 PM.
Old 01-17-2022, 04:06 PM
pdxmotorhead
Three Wheelin'

Received 399 Likes on 297 Posts

Grand Prix is a good dealer, but they factor in the PPI as part of their sales
process so its not a big deal, they have cost built in to the car to allow for the extra handling.
They carry a lot of boutique priced cars which are not on my "list" But always have interesting stuff.

Old 01-17-2022, 07:21 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,966 Likes on 2,938 Posts

Originally Posted by pdxmotorhead
Grand Prix is a good dealer, but they factor in the PPI as part of their sales
process so its not a big deal, they have cost built in to the car to allow for the extra handling.
They carry a lot of boutique priced cars which are not on my "list" But always have interesting stuff.
If you mean Grand Prix prices are crazy high I agree. But I've never heard of a dealer factoring in the price of a PPI or the results?
The question is whether the dealer will allow PPI results to be contingent on a sale and write up the deal accordingly which protects buyer from having car sold out from underneath them when getting PPI on car the dealership is selling.

*Buyers need to also understand some dealers or even private party sellers will make it tough to get PPI/Bore Scope Inspections because they don't want the hassle OR they know of a pre-existing issue.
If a dealer or private party seller has a solid buyer who commits to buy, they should write up the deal contingent on a PPI/Bore Scope Insp. and buyers should walk away if sellers can't honor this simple unwritten rule.

Last edited by groovzilla; 01-17-2022 at 07:30 PM.

Quick Reply: PPI at Porsche Dealer? =\