Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with Potential Buy of 997.2

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2021 | 07:24 PM
Patrick3000
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Busta Rib
Damn, that is a good-looking car with sport seats and Chrono!

I agree very nicely optioned

Old 08-19-2021 | 07:33 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Not sure I would give up an S just to get a manual. A base with 51k miles on it for $60k. I would keep looking if wanting a lower mileage S.
Old 08-19-2021 | 07:50 PM
orangeblood18
Instructor

Yep, MSRP was $89k and they want $60k. Not even a S or 4S. Cheap budget build..... I purchased a black 2009 4S with PDK, 27k miles, and that had a build price of $116k for $65k. Closed the deal yesterday. Everything is brand new looking you would think it was new. Well taken care of and maintained.

Very clean 2-owner car and couldn't pass it up. I will get that super build in red down the road with the manual tranny.....

I do appreciate all the help guys.
The following 2 users liked this post by orangeblood18:
BKirk (08-20-2021), Hula (08-19-2021)
Old 08-19-2021 | 10:33 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by orangeblood18
Yep, MSRP was $89k and they want $60k. Not even a S or 4S. Cheap budget build..... I purchased a black 2009 4S with PDK, 27k miles, and that had a build price of $116k for $65k. Closed the deal yesterday. Everything is brand new looking you would think it was new. Well taken care of and maintained.

Very clean 2-owner car and couldn't pass it up. I will get that super build in red down the road with the manual tranny.....

I do appreciate all the help guys.
You will love the C4S pdk so much you will forget all about the manual. I was one of the long time manual guys that said never anything but a manual until I owned a pdk. Now I would only purchase a 911 in pdk unless it was an old air cooled cruiser which has to be in manual.
Old 08-20-2021 | 01:14 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Congrats on the new ride !
Old 08-20-2021 | 02:37 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Doug H
You will love the C4S pdk so much you will forget all about the manual. I was one of the long time manual guys that said never anything but a manual until I owned a pdk. Now I would only purchase a 911 in pdk unless it was an old air cooled cruiser which has to be in manual.
Was going to say the same exact thing. Thx for doing the typing for me.
Old 08-20-2021 | 05:17 AM
BKirk
Instructor

He is saying he won't take anything lower than $67k. Not sure what to do. I need a somewhat budget type car right now. COVID has been tough recovering in my profession. I had a 2019 Carrera 4S before COVID but had to sell. Just not sure if prices will come down. My perfect car is carmine red, black or tan interior, GTS or Turbo with a manual transmission. Lower miles always a plus. I know it will take some searching and good luck finding that for a fair price. Just thinking maybe buy this one for the time being until the market stabilizes so I can get my fix... Thoughts? Will resell value somewhat remain?
You won’t find that car - “red, MT, GTS or turbo” for the prices you’re talking about - $60- $70k. Prices have definitely gone up - I bought mine about 8 months ago - very different spec - Silver, PDK, C2S Cab - for $40K from the original owner. It had more miles - 70Kish. But it was still a bargain at the time. It wasn’t exay what I wanted when I found the car - but it was too good a deal to pass on and I’m very happy with my car - and I’ve never looked back. I don’t think prices are going down anytime soon for 997.2 cars.
Old 08-20-2021 | 11:31 AM
solts
Instructor

Smile

Originally Posted by Patrick3000
I agree very nicely optioned

This is a local car for me - I'd be happy to check it out if anyone is seriously interested. I've always had great experiences buying cars from Sewickley
The following users liked this post:
Snakebit (08-20-2021)
Old 08-20-2021 | 11:51 AM
911-997
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by sandwedge
Was going to say the same exact thing. Thx for doing the typing for me.
I would not say the same thing. I had a 997.2 PDK before and it didn't last 6 months in my position because I got bored. I wanted to get back to 6MT so badly.

To their each own I guess!
Old 08-20-2021 | 12:02 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by solts
This is a local car for me - I'd be happy to check it out if anyone is seriously interested. I've always had great experiences buying cars from Sewickley
I live in SC but found my RUF car in PA and had a 3 day PPI done at Sewickley. Can't say enough good stuff about their Service Manager at the time (Duane or Dwayne maybe) and the tech that worked with me on the PPI. This was my first entry into 997s and he took the time to explain everything about the car to me. 3 day PPI because we pulled the trans and were prepared to replace the IMS bearing with the IMS Solution, but discovered it was a large bearing 05. Once I knew I was buying it, we did a bunch of PM stuff during the compression and leak down tests, programmed the multi-function steering wheel the PO had added to the car but never worked so that it worked, had to wait on a replacement part for a day, new rear tires, etc. They set me up at one of their empty sales guys desks and I worked from their showroom for 2.5 days before they sent me on my way to SC.

If you swing by there see if he remember the longest PPI they've probably ever done on a used car they weren't selling themselves and tell them I said hello.

The 997 looked like this back then.

The following users liked this post:
solts (08-20-2021)
Old 08-20-2021 | 02:23 PM
Mike Buck
Addict
Rennlist Member

That red car seems like a great spec. Everything you need. Reminds me a bit of my car.

Sewickley was the original dealer for my car. Bought and serviced there for the first 9 years and 2 owners. They happily answered my service questions last year, despite my PPI occuring at a dealer two states away. Seems like a great place and good people.
Old 08-21-2021 | 05:19 PM
olympic1
AutoX

I hope it's okay to hijack the thread since OP found a car. In the market for something that I can drive daily (well working from home so for errands) and take to occasional hpde/lapping days. Considering a 997.2 4S along with a couple of other cars (b8.5 Audi RS5, maybe R8 but R8 prices are a bit above where I want to be). Prefer AWD being in the NW and PDK so my wife can comfortably drive it. I just looked at a 4S with nearly 100k miles for ~$50k. A couple small dings in the lips of the rear wheel wells and one slight wave on the top of a front fender I could see in the light. Clean carfax. The biggest concern is lots of what I will call road rash on the front of those wide hipped rear quarters along with front bumper and hood. Future valuation is a consideration whenever I buy a car. I try to make a smart buy since I tend to hold cars for a couple few years and then move on. I don't know how involved repairing road rashed black rear quarters would be as that's where it's most obvious but hood and front bumper have it too. Between high miles and the road rash it might be worth waiting and looking for a cleaner example. I will be driving the car and taking it to the track occasionally so the car doesn't have to be perfect, but I do like it to look good and this one's paint condition might be a little rough for me. Attached a pic showing the chips I'm talking about. Welcome thoughts. Thanks.

Old 08-21-2021 | 05:22 PM
orangeblood18
Instructor

I don't mind Olympic1.... Dr. Colorchip has worked miracles for me. Paint color is spot on if you order your correct paint code. East directions and.does a great job!
Old 08-21-2021 | 05:28 PM
olympic1
AutoX

I don't mind Olympic1.... Dr. Colorchip has worked miracles for me. Paint color is spot on if you order your correct paint code. East directions and.does a great job!
Thanks. I'd have to bathe this entire car in Dr. Colorchip lol. I was trying to figure out if it's too extensive for Dr. Colorchip and would require a spray.
Old 08-21-2021 | 05:44 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by olympic1
I hope it's okay to hijack the thread since OP found a car. In the market for something that I can drive daily (well working from home so for errands) and take to occasional hpde/lapping days. Considering a 997.2 4S along with a couple of other cars (b8.5 Audi RS5, maybe R8 but R8 prices are a bit above where I want to be). Prefer AWD being in the NW and PDK so my wife can comfortably drive it. I just looked at a 4S with nearly 100k miles for ~$50k. A couple small dings in the lips of the rear wheel wells and one slight wave on the top of a front fender I could see in the light. Clean carfax. The biggest concern is lots of what I will call road rash on the front of those wide hipped rear quarters along with front bumper and hood. Future valuation is a consideration whenever I buy a car. I try to make a smart buy since I tend to hold cars for a couple few years and then move on. I don't know how involved repairing road rashed black rear quarters would be as that's where it's most obvious but hood and front bumper have it too. Between high miles and the road rash it might be worth waiting and looking for a cleaner example. I will be driving the car and taking it to the track occasionally so the car doesn't have to be perfect, but I do like it to look good and this one's paint condition might be a little rough for me. Attached a pic showing the chips I'm talking about. Welcome thoughts. Thanks.
...and that's what happens when people remove stone guards and don't replace them

Quick Reply: Help with Potential Buy of 997.2