Sponsored by:

GTS Cars For Sale On The Web

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2022, 03:20 PM
STALKER99
Three Wheelin'

Received 225 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by wardrive
Check out this beauty. 130k MSRP. Beautiful red interior on Black outside. Imagine if this was a manual - what RF would be asking for a sale price.
https://www.ryanfriedmanmotorcars.co...ra-gts-c-1041/

Then RF got this red one also also in PDK.
https://www.ryanfriedmanmotorcars.co...ra-gts-c-1042/

They have had both those cars for a while now.
Old 03-22-2022, 06:15 PM
Liste-Renn
Rennlist Member

Received 1,347 Likes on 613 Posts

I thought both of the RF PDK GTS were a bit optimistically priced, but the 6MT one in Marketplace is really over the top. If he gets $35K above MSRP, it’ll be a new benchmark for irrational exuberance.

The English Major who wrote RF’s description was hip deep into a Thesaurus composing this Ode to GTS Splendiocity.

I’m awarding it an A+ for vocabulary,
a C- for verbosity and a D for grammatical transgressions.

The run-on sentences are ubiquitous- and the over-use of hyphen-ated phrases are mind-bogglingly difficult to de-cipher.

I’m guessing the "rapid-fire-gear-changes-without-zero-power-interruption" PDK actually does NOT introduce power interruptions.

I hope the writer composes my obituary.

And remember, never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.

Used 2012 Porsche 911 Carrera GTS For Sale ($115,995) | Ryan Friedman Motor Cars LLC Stock #815

2012 Porsche 911 Carrera GTS PDK Coupe: Exalting performance parameters tied in with acute 911 GT-esque dynamism whilst encapsulated by assertive athleticism and acoustically defined by an adrenaline expelling exhaust note, uniformly unite to shape the spirit and personality of the expressively exhilarant GTS. Though lively-natured, it's also very livable with daily practicality in mind. With the GTS, you're able to have an encounter with a Carrera in its most effervescently exploited form.

Because this GTS is equipped with the optioned Sport Chrono Package Plus and the "rapid-fire-gear-changes-without-zero-power-interruption" PDK transmission, it not only allows for a reduction in the time that it takes to go from 0-60 (the coupling of the duo allows for a time of approximately 4.2 seconds) but the intensification of one's heart-rate increases exponentially as you're granted the Sport Plus button. When pressed, euphoric motorsport-channeled characteristics never felt so tangible as it allows for racetrack-enhanced traits such as Launch Control to be made available while the PDK system experiences immensely decreased shift times and favorable shift points for peak acceleration.

A ravishing final year specimen. Displays a Clean CARFAX Report. Shows an odometer reading of A very low 7,XXX Miles. Benefits from a recent and complete servicing rendered by Ryan Friedman Motorcars' in-house Porsche Tech with 30 years of expertise (servicing specifics are available).

A Few Notable Characteristics (and Numbers) Regarding The 997 GTS: Made available for the 2011 and 2012 model years, it's reported that 6,747 examples are said to have been produced with approximately 2,656 of those units having been designated as GTS coupes with a rear-wheel-drive configuration. The GTS is the only wide-body, rear-wheel-drive Non-GT 911 that is the last of the right-sized, classic-svelte-911-shaped, and naturally-aspirated 997 911 Carreras. Positioned in-between the GT3 and the S models, the GTS variant is the absolute pinnacle in the 911 Carrera range! Its standard features include (but are not limited to) a wider rear track; Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM); a variable resonance intake system (mid-rev range torque adder); Integrated dry-sump lubrication; and a Sports exhaust system.

Featured equipment/factory-ordered options (original MSRP of $130,450): Standard Carpet in Black; Self Dimming Mirrors; Heated Seats (Front); Wheels Painted Silver; Adapt Sport Seat Leath DrivMem; Adapt Sport Seat Leath DrivMem; GTS Sidestrip Model Des Silver; Bi-Xenon headlights incl.PDLS; Sport Chrono Package Plus; Extend Navigation Mod-PCM 3.0; BOSE Surround Sound System; SiriusXM Sat Radio Tuner; Deletion of Alcantara package; Natural Leather Interior; Door Finishers Exterior Color; Adapt Sport Seat Leath DrivMem; SwitchPanelTrimStrip ExtColor; PreparIlluminatDoorSillGuards; Center Console Paint Ext Color; Sport Seat Backrests ExtColor; Porsche Crest Emboss Headrest; Logo on Center Console; PDK Gate Surround in Leather; DoorEntryGuardStainSteel-Illum; Clear Taillights.

Upon viewing this lovely GTS Coupe, your presence is welcomed by its "active appearing" Basalt Black Metallic finish, which looks absolutely fantastic underneath direct and indirect lighting situations as it's a dynamic hue and coupled to a red interior -- chef's kiss; 19-inch RS Spyder center-lock wheels in silver (showcased in front of red brake calipers with white 'Porsche' script); the protruding wide rear width; a SportDesign front bumper with lower-trim shown in the factory "non-painted" black finish (the theme continues onto the side skirts, exhaust's rear trim panel, and the side areas of the rear bumper); 'Carrera GTS' door located insignia in silver; clear stone guards; an automatically deploying spoiler; partially clear taillights; Bi-Xenon headlights; quad-dual tailpipes with a bright-finish.

Just as you enter the stirring Carrera Red NaturalLeather cabin, you're first met by stainless steel door sills with illuminated 'Carrera GTS' insignia, and when inside of the red-lined interior appealing aesthetics consisting of red twin-stitching, Basalt Black adorned regions (such as on the seatbacks, door handle and pull surrounds, console tunnel, and the dashboard's central trim strip), black carpeting, and aluminum/brushed aluminum/metallic-coated surfacing, can be found on select areas. The driver is faced with a leather-wrapped 3-spoke SportDesign steering wheel featuring alloy gearshift paddles and displays that shows when 'Sport', 'Sport Plus' and 'Launch Control' modes have been switched on; black instrumentation dials; supple Carrera Red Leather that extends onto the upper dashboard and door areas, along with the center compartment lid boasting an embossed 'PORSCHE' logo, all decadently highlighted by contrasting stitching; a centrally located dash-mounted SportChrono dial in black; 6.5-inch touchscreen navigation display; the winsome PDK shifter. Front occupants are embraced by Adaptive Sport seats featuring memory settings for the driver, heating functionality for both occupants, an embossed Porsche crest on each headrest, and backrest shells beautifully enhanced in Basalt Black with airbag covers in Carrera Red, teaming for a nice contrast, and can expect in-cabin audio playback via the optioned BOSE Surround Sound System, featuring 13-speakers.Performance: Powering the GTS is a rear-mounted and naturally-aspirated, 3.8L DFI flat-six engine, delivering a delightful 408hp and 310 lb-ft of torque (performance times of 0-60 in an estimated 4.2 seconds, with a top speed of 188 mph) while having the power sent to the rear wheels.

For additional information regarding this wonderfully optioned and divine 2012 911 Carrera GTS (997.2) PDK Coupe, offered by Ryan Friedman Motor Cars, call and/or text us now at (516) 888-9000; we're authentic motor car aficionados, let's chat!

Last edited by Liste-Renn; 03-22-2022 at 06:36 PM.
Old 03-22-2022, 11:24 PM
Busta Rib
Rennlist Member

Received 1,102 Likes on 412 Posts

Liste-Renn, your soliloquies are entertaining and make me smile. My favorite quote from that ad: "A ravishing final year specimen." Ironically, the one area where the author should have used a hyphen is missing one! Hilarious. I am bullish on GTS cars and indexing to MSRP but damn, $35K over is even too rich for my blood. That is optimistic pricing. I hope the seller gets that price and all the best. But I am not the target audience: low-mileage buyer/collector. To me, what is the point of having a low-mileage Porsche, especially a 911? It should be driven and enjoyed, not languishing in a hermetically sealed chamber wasting away while appreciating as time rolls by. Whomever buys that GR GTS is likely not intending to drive it, which is a shame.

I've owned a 997.1 S, .2 GT3, and now my GTS. The GT3 will always have a special place in my heart, but for everyday practicality and living with a 911, the GTS hits the sweet spot for me: it is unique, special, widebody, and has all the performance goodies you would want as a driver. It's not for everyone and unless you value these features, it is NOT a good value, relative to what you can buy a comparable S or even base Carrera for nowadays. I think you can get 90% or more of a GTS experience in a comparable Carrera S. But to me, the GTS offers a magical combination of performance, looks, and rarity that is difficult to beat.
The following users liked this post:
Liste-Renn (03-23-2022)
Old 03-23-2022, 02:23 AM
hnordstrm
Intermediate

Received 33 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Busta Rib
Liste-Renn, your soliloquies are entertaining and make me smile. My favorite quote from that ad: "A ravishing final year specimen." Ironically, the one area where the author should have used a hyphen is missing one! Hilarious. I am bullish on GTS cars and indexing to MSRP but damn, $35K over is even too rich for my blood. That is optimistic pricing. I hope the seller gets that price and all the best. But I am not the target audience: low-mileage buyer/collector. To me, what is the point of having a low-mileage Porsche, especially a 911? It should be driven and enjoyed, not languishing in a hermetically sealed chamber wasting away while appreciating as time rolls by. Whomever buys that GR GTS is likely not intending to drive it, which is a shame.

I've owned a 997.1 S, .2 GT3, and now my GTS. The GT3 will always have a special place in my heart, but for everyday practicality and living with a 911, the GTS hits the sweet spot for me: it is unique, special, widebody, and has all the performance goodies you would want as a driver. It's not for everyone and unless you value these features, it is NOT a good value, relative to what you can buy a comparable S or even base Carrera for nowadays. I think you can get 90% or more of a GTS experience in a comparable Carrera S. But to me, the GTS offers a magical combination of performance, looks, and rarity that is difficult to beat.
I totally agree with you wise men! Busta Rib, the 997.2 GT3 is a dream for me (have not driven one though) but I really need the back seats on my GTS for the kids, but now we got 4 of them and that makes it impossible to take all to day care school in the 911 anyway…

Interesting to follow the market…
Old 03-23-2022, 04:51 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,031 Likes on 732 Posts

Originally Posted by Busta Rib
This GR GTS manual with 5,400 miles is still for sale in the Marketplace: https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1287761. MSRP was $112,160. Listed at $147,500, a $31,505 premium over the RF cars with less than 10K miles. Yowza!
Optimistic and aggressive seller no doubt but no complaints from me. Hope he gets what he wants or close to it. Realistically though, anyone ready to spend $147,500 on a car has a lot of options including this two year younger 2014 GT3 with ceramic brakes and a few more miles for less than $10K more.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...Type=spotlight

And another two year younger GT3 close enough in both price and mileage:

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing

One more GT3. Same criteria:

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing
Old 03-23-2022, 10:49 AM
Quixotic1
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 52 Posts

Different cars/experience PDK.
Old 03-23-2022, 01:35 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,049 Likes on 666 Posts

Last edited by bweSteve; 03-25-2022 at 12:10 AM.
Old 03-23-2022, 03:30 PM
Busta Rib
Rennlist Member

Received 1,102 Likes on 412 Posts

You have the ultimate 997, IMO. If I had to do it all over again, I would not have sold my GT3. In retrospect, I should have put up with its shortcomings as an everyday car and recognized how truly special it is as a driver's car. I could modify my GTS to the sun and it will never get close to the driving experience my GT3 provided. We are all guilty of Goldilocks syndrome. At least Porsche provides a diverse spectrum of 911s to choose from.

Originally Posted by bweSteve
It is soooo interesting to me, as I keep watch on ALL the 997 sub-forums within RL. Each has a similar saying to yours above BustaRib ... funny to hear that a base Carrera has 90% of what you get in a S,... and a S has 90% of a GTS,... and a GTS has 90% of a GT3.

I just get a chuckle out of the "justifications" that we car-guys/gals are able to build in our minds. One thing is for sure, everyone has their own personal desires,... and limitations (on what they are willing to live with regarding NVH), etc etc.

Seems that for those of us Porsche lovers who have owned & driven for decades upon decades,.. and worked our way up from the bottom (cheapest of Porsche's throughout the decades),... it is truly is a fun {life's} ride to get into that "Next Level" car. At my age, I'm probably nearing the end of my own "ride",.. and the 997.2 GT3 is where I've landed. Perfect for me, & I don't seem to have those urges (for the next car) any longer. My wife has taken a huge deep breath & sigh of relief.
Old 03-23-2022, 09:03 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Last edited by bweSteve; 03-25-2022 at 12:07 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Risk3233 (03-23-2022)
Old 03-23-2022, 10:08 PM
wardrive
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by bweSteve
If I had my dithers (... $$), I'd have a example of all the 997 variants.... & well for that matter, I'd have a slew of 964's & 993's too (to add to my 964 Turbo, which is the other car I'll never let go of). I'm not such a long hood guy (even though that was my age bracket growing up) but there were just so few of those cars from 60's & 70's where I felt like they would light my hair on fire (which is all gone now,... so I guess I got what was coming to me Lol)... but the one car I did have, that I would LOVE to have back, is a 914-6. Man that was a slot car in adult format. We can all dream (I am blessed w/ a great family, what was a good career, and so happy with the only 2 Porsche's I have left,... besides a 958 CTT as a DD).

The 997 GTS is a high water mark imo. If my wife was not the damn good driver that she is (& has as much fun as she does in our GT3),... the GTS is what we would have too. It also helps that by the time we were shopping for a 997, our kids were grown & gone too. So it was easy for us to move into the GT3. .... OH, & Lol,.. & another good aspect of the GT3 is that our two kids (who learned stick on our '68 Camaro Muncie),.... are too afraid of the GT3 to really ask to drive it all that often. It was hilarious to hear them talk about that car when they came back from their jaunts. Both of em said,.... yea, Mom & Dad are a bit crazy.
wait so you have a 997.2 gt3 and a 964 turbo? Did I read that right/ that a great 1-2 911 combo if true.
Old 03-23-2022, 11:20 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Last edited by bweSteve; 03-25-2022 at 12:06 AM.
Old 03-24-2022, 04:00 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,031 Likes on 732 Posts

Originally Posted by Quixotic1
Different cars/experience PDK.
Different cars no doubt and I'm on record of not being a fan of any 991 or 992 variant. And I knew the PDK argument was coming from someone in short order. Point I was trying to make is that this forum as great as it is isn't a great representation of the 911 market in general. For starters, reading the posts here my guess would be that the PDK/manual preference is basically reversed here relative to the 911 market as a whole with probably around 80% of Rennlisters wanting nothing but a manual while Porsche has produced 80% PDK's for 13 years now since introduced 2009.

I think it's a reasonable assumption that these production numbers reflect what the dealerships around the world request based on orders of new cars over the past 13 years. I read a recent article somewhere suggesting that the 80% number is now approaching 90% PDK.

Accurate or not, the trend seems pretty clear but the main point being what the average 911 buyer will be looking at. A 2012 997 GTS for $147,500 or a 2 year younger 991 GT3 with slightly higher miles for only about $10K more and with what seems like the much preferred PDK by most buyers except Rennlist members. I agree that the few manuals that come on the market get a premium but as has been repeated too many times already, that premium doesn't apply to the entire 911 market but to the die hard manual guys who basically get into price wars over the few manuals available and seem doomed to disappear altogether based on production numbers.

I just find it hard to agree with the blanket statement that a manual always commands a premium over a PDK. Again, production numbers just don't support that notion. And what percentage of all 911 buyers post or have even heard of this forum? My guess would be less than 5%. It's a forum represented by enthusiasts, not the average 911 buyer.
Old 03-24-2022, 07:43 AM
Prairiedawg
Rennlist Member

Received 1,015 Likes on 544 Posts

I'm so bored with the manual/PDK argument. Rabbit hunting season.....Duck hunting season.....Rabbit hunting season....Duck hunting season! While I'm fan of and own both, including a 6 speed GTS, the argument is getting tiresome. The PDK is the benchmark transmission that all others are measured by. Our 6 speeds are not great transmissions. They're not bad transmissions, but they are a bit of an Japanese econobox. The gearing is too high and they require regular PTX changes to keep the notchy-ness down. They should have come with the Getrag boxes that came in the GT cars or even the 981's. They do seem to last forever and all my years on Rennlist I remember seeing 1 Aisin box replaced and who knows what that was about.

Funny thing though, for all of the talk of the demise of the manual transmission, I just saw an ad for the new Acura Integra that prominently included the fact that a 6 speed manual was available. Who would haver thought? Ok, I guess I'm not that bored with it.
Old 03-24-2022, 08:40 AM
Bodacious
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 21 Posts

That's my red GTS that is for sale market place. I thought I would join the conversation as to give you and idea of where the pricing comes from. First and foremost let me tell you I love the car and I only put it up for sale when I started looking for a .2 or .1 GT3. After looking at the data over the last 10 years, the GTS cars have traditionally remained $30k to $40k below the GT3 cars of the same era pre- COVID. With that being observed, do you think I can find a .2 GT3 with less than 6k miles for $177k-$187k? I hope so, but I haven't seen any at this number in comparable condition to my GTS. I do think I can find a .1 for that kind of money. But wait, isn't a .1 taking a step backwards compared to the .2?

Clearly this is my opinion and it is not intended to offend anyone. I will tell you that I have been offered within 10k of my asking price by several dealers. Thank you to all the members who had nice things to say about the car, it is much appreciated.
Old 03-24-2022, 12:02 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 347 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by Bodacious
That's my red GTS that is for sale market place. I thought I would join the conversation as to give you and idea of where the pricing comes from. First and foremost let me tell you I love the car and I only put it up for sale when I started looking for a .2 or .1 GT3. After looking at the data over the last 10 years, the GTS cars have traditionally remained $30k to $40k below the GT3 cars of the same era pre- COVID. With that being observed, do you think I can find a .2 GT3 with less than 6k miles for $177k-$187k? I hope so, but I haven't seen any at this number in comparable condition to my GTS. I do think I can find a .1 for that kind of money. But wait, isn't a .1 taking a step backwards compared to the .2?

Clearly this is my opinion and it is not intended to offend anyone. I will tell you that I have been offered within 10k of my asking price by several dealers. Thank you to all the members who had nice things to say about the car, it is much appreciated.
If you can't find a .2 GT3 in sub 6k mileage/condition for $180k i dont think you're looking in the right places. Maybe give Doug at Switchcars a call.

Quick Reply: GTS Cars For Sale On The Web