Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GTS Cars For Sale On The Web

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2022, 10:25 PM
JHuggans
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

What are your thoughts on a price for a 2012 Coupe PDK RWD MGM with 22k miles and a CPO until Dec 2022? Is $100k out of the realm?
Old 03-18-2022, 01:22 AM
Liste-Renn
Rennlist Member

Received 1,347 Likes on 613 Posts

Post the build sheet or VIN Analytics print out.
Any "stories" or accidents?
The low mileage and CPO are positives.
Old 03-18-2022, 02:03 AM
JHuggans
Advanced

Originally Posted by Liste-Renn
Post the build sheet or VIN Analytics print out.
Any "stories" or accidents?
The low mileage and CPO are positives.
No accidents. No stories. Just submitted a Taycan Sport Turismo GTS build for an allocation and if it gets accepted I'll probably sell the 911. If I don't get the allocation than I'm keeping the 911 and upon my eventual death will be buried in it.

Build sheet

Attached Images
File Type: pdf
911 GTS Maintenance.pdf (32.5 KB, 22 views)
Old 03-18-2022, 04:32 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,031 Likes on 732 Posts

Originally Posted by JHuggans
No accidents. No stories. Just submitted a Taycan Sport Turismo GTS build for an allocation and if it gets accepted I'll probably sell the 911. If I don't get the allocation than I'm keeping the 911 and upon my eventual death will be buried in it.
Sad and funny in the same package. Made me laugh though. Will instruct my wife to make the same arrangement for me if I go before her. Beats a casket or an urn.

Old 03-18-2022, 07:21 AM
Liste-Renn
Rennlist Member

I would not bet against your car fetching $95K on BaT- which is $100K from the buyer if you include the fee.

PDK was optioned on 62% of all North American GTS.
Meteor Gray (9Q) was the color of 12% of N/A GTS (the 3rd most prevalent color produced).
Your SPASM suspension w/ LSD (P17) option was on 22% of all N/A GTS.
Sport Chrono Packager Plus was on 92% of N/A GTS.
Comfort Seats are rarer (29%) than 18-way *** (34%), 4-way Sport Seats (36%) or Sport Buckets (1%)- but less desirable than any of them.
No extended leather (42%), nor PDLS (a whopping 73% came with it).
Wheels Paint in Exterior Color (XD9) is very rare (12%).

Ergo, no real unique features besides SPASM/LSD that might attract higher bids.
The XD9 is cool, but adds little to zero value.

From the single picture, it appears to be a well cared for, unmodified example.
Auction bidders historically seek out low mileage, well maintained, close to OEM spec (some mods like DSC and Sharkwerks X-pipe are appreciated/tolerated, but seldom increase the sale price).
RWD Coupés reliably sell for more than Cabs/AWD (6MT fetch even more).

It's low mileage, CPO, ownership and maintenance history are also all big pluses. So is a clean CarFax, if you have one.
You would likely be offered less ($10-$15K) by a dealer or flipper- who's acquisition cost must be below the retail or auction price at which they'll resell it.

I'm going with $95K valuation, $100K all in, if sold on BaT.
Maybe a bit lower net to you on PCARMARKET, since their commission is greater.

But if you keep it, it's one badass coffin. (I notice you have shovels at the ready behind the car.)

Last edited by Liste-Renn; 03-20-2022 at 06:10 AM.
Old 03-18-2022, 12:45 PM
Busta Rib
Rennlist Member

Received 1,102 Likes on 412 Posts

Well said, Liste-Renn. I am slightly more optimistic and think JHuggans can get min $100K private party or possibly more via BAT/Pcar. That's about $16K shy of MSRP. It's clean, no stories, low miles, CPO, and SPASM/LSD. I'm a fan of Meteor Grey too. It looks so good in bright sunlight. I'm surprised of the take rate on MGM being as high as it is. This is the first I've seen on a GTS. The last GTS on BAT was bid, but not sold, to $115K (https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...arrera-gts-22/). That had same miles but was manual with aero kit, all leather. It had a Range 4 over-rev, which likely dampened enthusiasm. In my mind, a like GTS with PDK gets $10K less than a similar manual GTS. Aero kit is take it or leave for it me, so I think it is a net-neutral trade either way. Regardless of what desk jockeys like me think, that is a nice example of a GTS and should go quickly when it is on the market.
The following users liked this post:
ThomasCarreraGTS (03-19-2022)
Old 03-18-2022, 04:04 PM
Liste-Renn
Rennlist Member

If it goes to auction, we'll be privy to the sale price.
Otherwise, a quick private sale can be construed as the seller getting their ask.
I definitely notice the trend towards MSRP sale prices, but some of the higher stickers include pricier options that do not automatically translate into a higher resale value.
PDK, Aerokit, PCCB and PDLS immediately come to mind.

We are only $5K apart on our predictiions.
The market will speak, or JH gets interred in it and we'll never know.

Last edited by Liste-Renn; 03-18-2022 at 04:07 PM.
ABNJOE (03-18-2022)
Old 03-18-2022, 04:44 PM
JHuggans
Advanced

But if you keep it, it's one badass coffin. (I notice you have shovels at the ready behind the car.)
No one has ever said that I'm not prepared. Once a boy scout, always a boy scout.

Either way I'll keep everyone posted. I'm sure you'd all enjoy a good haunting.

I'm going to be watching this BaT auction going on right now. It's a 4 and not a CPO but the condition looks to be good.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...rera-4-gts-13/

Obviously the market will wax and wane but I feel like the 997 GTS is going to hold it's own for quite a while.
Liste-Renn (03-18-2022)
Old 03-18-2022, 11:38 PM
Liste-Renn
Rennlist Member

Yes, the Carrara White GTS on BaT is a decent comp for your car.
It does have Sport seats, Bi-Xenons with PDLS and of course, AWD.
Otherwise, a similarly optioned example with only slightly higher mileage.
Gotta love the online auctions for pricing transparency.
Old 03-19-2022, 04:32 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,031 Likes on 732 Posts

If it goes to auction, we'll be privy to the sale price.
Otherwise, a quick private sale can be construed as the seller getting their ask.
I definitely notice the trend towards MSRP sale prices, but some of the higher stickers include pricier options that do not automatically translate into a higher resale value.
PDK, Aerokit, PCCB and PDLS immediately come to mind.

We are only $5K apart on our predictiions.
Agree. As mentioned before, I had my car on the market a year or two ago. Just repeating it for new members.

My experience was that one of the highest priced options.....the GT2 carbon fiber bucket seats, a $10,000 factory option actually worked against me with lower offers because of the seats. Same for the $7,000 Forgeline wheels. "Do you have the stock wheels and the stock seats" were questions I came to anticipate with each inquiry. The seats were OEM but the wheels not.

Still I was somewhat taken aback that close to $20,000 worth of OEM seats and the highest quality after market wheels would actually reduce the value of the car vs. a bone stock car. Especially since used GT2 seats sell for $7K to $8K in short order in the RL marketplace or elsewhere. Source a set of any other OEM seats for around $2K and pocket $5K towards the purchase price of the car. That's exactly what the buyer of my -09 C4S launch car did. He told me it took less than a week to sell the buckets for $7,500.
Old 03-19-2022, 04:54 AM
Liste-Renn
Rennlist Member

Yup, many of the potential buyers of this model are smitten with OEM spec.
I’ve taken notice and am paying to store my OEM wheels and center muffler (which I have no intention of ever re-installing) in the event my heirs ignore my living will and refuse to bury me in my GTS.

I just bought a Getty duck, which will be matched with a Speedster lip.
Anybody have one for sale? The Suncoast Aerokit lip price has increased 300% in the last 12 months. The Speedster and OEM GTS lips by 50%.

When I replace it, add an OEM GTS lip to my storage fee.

If I live long enough, storage fees will exceed any added or perceived value the OEM parts may provide.

I have the disease.

Really bad.

Last edited by Liste-Renn; 03-20-2022 at 06:12 AM.
Old 03-19-2022, 06:15 PM
Busta Rib
Rennlist Member

I’m saving all my stock parts to either reinstall and/or include with the sale if/when I ever sell. Whomever buys my car will get a lot of a la cart options to choose from. Unlike you diehards, I am not getting buried in the GTS, although I likely won’t sell until I can no longer drive.

I’ve taken notice and am paying to store my OEM wheels and center muffler
(which I have no intention of ever re-installing) in the event my heirs ignore my living will and refuse to bury me in my GTS.

Anybody have one for sale? The Suncoast Aerokit lip price has increased 300% in the last 12 months. The Speedster and OEM GTS lips by 50%.

If I live long enough, storage fees will exceed any added or perceived value the OEM parts may provide.

I have the disease.

Really bad.
Old 03-19-2022, 08:35 PM
wardrive
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 70 Posts

I’ve taken notice and am paying to store my OEM wheels and center muffler
(which I have no intention of ever re-installing) in the event my heirs ignore my living will and refuse to bury me in my GTS.

I have the disease.

Really bad.
I just noticed the Suncoast price went up too - didn't know if that was my imagination because I could have shown it was cheaper like a month ago. I have one now on my GTS but thinking of getting a new one. They are offering a deal if you buy two. Would you like to buy two and split it with me?
Old 03-20-2022, 06:23 AM
Liste-Renn
Rennlist Member

If you're talking about a Speedster lip, maybe.
But usually the two-fer deal is because the shipping is so expensive due to the dimensions of the lip.
They aren't heavy, so shipping two is almost the same price, since the high cost is not based on weight, but linear measurement.
If we split the order, we will each pay separate shipping- yours to NJ, and mine to LA.
And even with the best shipping packaging, the lip gets folded and distorted- and has to be straightened with a heat gun or blow-dryer before installing it.
All the OEM aero pieces on 997s are appreciating astronomically- and you are correct, it has been in the last 2 months, not the 12 months I posted above.
Even faster then the cars they attach to.

Last edited by Liste-Renn; 03-20-2022 at 06:25 AM.
Old 03-20-2022, 03:13 PM
Busta Rib
Rennlist Member

About 1.5 hours remaining on this auction: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...rera-4-gts-13/. Currently bid at $78K. Presentation is poor with bad photos and communication by the seller, IMO. Carrara White is stunning in the right light and with a proper photoshoot. Even with last-minute bidding, I am predicting it will hammer at $85-88K. Seller is leaving a couple grand on the table due to bad photos.

Quick Reply: GTS Cars For Sale On The Web