Sponsored by:

GTS Cars For Sale On The Web

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2024, 11:35 PM
Liste-Renn
Rennlist Member

Received 1,411 Likes on 653 Posts

Originally Posted by CarterRuss
Anyone selling a factory aerokit car? Or thinking about it? Message me.
Good luck.
You will need it for if you find one, it might be (statistically) anything but the color, transmission, drivetrain or other options you may prefer.
Old 05-20-2024, 05:44 PM
CarterRuss
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Liste-Renn
Good luck.
You will need it for if you find one, it might be (statistically) anything but the color, transmission, drivetrain or other options you may prefer.
Yeah I wouldn't have been picky. I offered $85k on that SY one but they didn't like that. Think it was last year or the prior that there was a Guards Red aero with 20k miles for $85k at a Porsche dealer. No aero and almost double the miles didn't make sense on the SY one.

Oh well, I just put a down payment on an R8 GT. That'll hold me over for now.
The following users liked this post:
Liste-Renn (05-21-2024)
Old 05-21-2024, 05:26 AM
Mainah
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How long did it take you guys to find a GTS once you seriously started looking? Did you hold out until exactly what you were looking for became available, or did you decide to compromise on some features, etc.?
Old 05-21-2024, 09:35 AM
pro1200
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Mainah
How long did it take you guys to find a GTS once you seriously started looking? Did you hold out until exactly what you were looking for became available, or did you decide to compromise on some features, etc.?
It took me 7 years and my only compromise was on the exterior color. I wanted a blue one so in 2016 I looked at an Aqua Blue one but it was trashed. In early 2023 I saw a Meteor Gray one and it had silver wheels which really appealed to me because I've never been a fan of black wheels. It helped that this particular vehicle wasn't modified in any way.
Mainah (05-22-2024)
Old 05-21-2024, 11:56 AM
Busta Rib
Rennlist Member

Received 1,147 Likes on 426 Posts

Global production for GTS cars was 6,747. Assuming you are shopping in the US market, only 1,500 cars were sold here. Depending on your desired configuration, you can see how the total pool of potential candidates quickly dwindles. The answer to your question depends on how long you are willing to wait. I'm of the opinion that life is short. If you are simply looking for rolling art, buy something else that will appreciate much faster than a GTS. If you want to drive, get a car that meets 80%+ of your requirements and enjoy the miles. These are amazing machines and every day that goes by is one more day you are missing out on a great experience. Same can be said about Life in general. Good luck with your search.

The following 4 users liked this post by Busta Rib:
997turbocab (05-22-2024), bluelines1974 (05-21-2024), Liste-Renn (05-21-2024), Mainah (05-22-2024)
Old 05-21-2024, 12:35 PM
bluelines1974
Rennlist Member

Received 442 Likes on 236 Posts

It took me, on and off, about four years, but I bought a 4 GTS as a bit of a stopgap measure on my way to finding the right RWD manual. If you want a certain colour, manual and low miles, that makes it very difficult, and almost a process of random chance of what comes to market. I tried to eliminate that random process by tracking down some individual cars that weren't for sale, but that's hard work and has a very low probability of success, unless you're really prepared to pay up to convince someone to sell. My ideal car was low mileage, blue, RWD, manual, full leather, which means there are only 7 US cars that fit the bill although no guarantee the mileage is low (and maybe one Canadian car). One of my ideal spec cars was exported to Germany in 2012, so now that leaves 6 cars. I would also have gone with silver or grey, but even that only expands the available US cars to 24, and perhaps 2 or 3 Canadian examples.

If you're OK with a higher mileage PDK example, and aren't picky about colour, it's not that hard to find something.
Mainah (05-22-2024)
Old 05-21-2024, 07:09 PM
Liste-Renn
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CarterRuss
Yeah I wouldn't have been picky. I offered $85k on that SY one but they didn't like that. Think it was last year or the prior that there was a Guards Red aero with 20k miles for $85k at a Porsche dealer. No aero and almost double the miles didn't make sense on the SY one.

Oh well, I just put a down payment on an R8 GT. That'll hold me over for now.
If it's not too late, I have a line on a black RWD, 6MT, SPASM, LSD, Aerokit car with 26K miles.
Bone stock, two owners, a binder of maintenance records, a virgin clean DME rev report, $115,800 MSRP and no stories.
Owner wants top $, between $115-120K.
PM me for his email, AFAIK it is not listed for sale anywhere and he is in no hurry to sell at less than that range.
Car is in LA area.

cvalue13 (05-23-2024)
Old 05-22-2024, 03:43 AM
Mainah
AutoX

Thanks Busta, bluelines, and pro, I appreciate the insight. Unfortunately, I'm not in a position yet to go out and find one (still saving, young kids to eventually get through school, etc.).

My ideal would be white, RWD, manual, and aerokit which means not a big pool at all. Plus, I know there's the real possibility that when I eventually do have the means, the cars could be even more expensive than they are now.

Old 05-22-2024, 04:49 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,068 Likes on 749 Posts

Took me a month perhaps, bugging a RL member until I guess he got tired of me and agreed to sell at a price we both felt was fair. His car already had the mods I had planned for (Forgeline wheels, OEM GT2 carbon fiber bucket seats, red gauge cluster and Sharkwerks bypass) and I bought it for the price of a bone stock GTS. So close to $20K in mods I had planned on already on the car. I thank all of the buyers out there who want nothing to do with modded cars no matter the quality of the mods. As I said, saved me close to $20K.
Mainah (05-22-2024)
Old 05-22-2024, 04:56 AM
Mainah
AutoX

Originally Posted by sandwedge
Took me a month perhaps, bugging a RL member until I guess he got tired of me and agreed to sell at a price we both felt was fair. His car already had the mods I had planned for (Forgeline wheels, OEM GT2 carbon fiber bucket seats, red gauge cluster and Sharkwerks bypass) and I bought it for the price of a bone stock GTS. So close to $20K in mods I had planned on already on the car. I thank all of the buyers out there who want nothing to do with modded cars no matter the quality of the mods. As I said, saved me close to $20K.
Nice, congrats, sandwedge. I'm the same way, have some mods in mind, and right now it would be my forever car, so I wouldn't turn down looking at one with mods (depending on what it had of course).
Old 05-22-2024, 07:44 AM
Prairiedawg
Rennlist Member

Received 1,042 Likes on 560 Posts

It took me about 2 years to find my GTS and first Porsche. I had looked at several other models of 911 before I came to appreciate the 997.2. I started looking at clean 996's because the price point was good but the more I learned, the more I realized they were potential basket cases. I then moved to 997.1 and ultimately looked at a couple 991's before realizing the 997 GTS is the Goldilocks car. Just right. I went for the GTS because while looking, I found that they were likely to have all the options I was looking for more readily. 6 speed,18 way seats, leather, Sport Chrono, etc. The wide body sealed the deal. Then It was just a matter of time. I'm stubborn and don't like spending money. I will but it has to be exactly what I want. I wasn't stuck on color, just options. I checked the listings multiple times a day, every day.

One day, a Speed Yellow 6 speed Cab at a Porsche dealer in upstate NY came up for sale. It was a dream car. 6 speed and every desirable option available. I jumped on it and put a deposit down when I got home from work. Surprisingly it was still available. Had I not, it would have been gone the next day the dealer told me. I flew out 2 weeks later and bought the car. The rest is history. The moral is, If you have an ideal spec in mind, have your duck in a row and be ready to pounce. If you don't someone else will, immediately.

White, Aerokit, with a 6 speed? Looks like there were about 5 produced for the US. Good luck
The following 2 users liked this post by Prairiedawg:
Acropora8 (05-22-2024), Mainah (05-22-2024)
Old 05-22-2024, 08:42 AM
F77
Rennlist Member

Received 306 Likes on 53 Posts

Another one with low miles at Forman Motorworks

mithridates (06-17-2024)
Old 05-22-2024, 04:39 PM
Mainah
AutoX

Originally Posted by Prairiedawg
It took me about 2 years to find my GTS and first Porsche. I had looked at several other models of 911 before I came to appreciate the 997.2. I started looking at clean 996's because the price point was good but the more I learned, the more I realized they were potential basket cases. I then moved to 997.1 and ultimately looked at a couple 991's before realizing the 997 GTS is the Goldilocks car. Just right. I went for the GTS because while looking, I found that they were likely to have all the options I was looking for more readily. 6 speed,18 way seats, leather, Sport Chrono, etc. The wide body sealed the deal. Then It was just a matter of time. I'm stubborn and don't like spending money. I will but it has to be exactly what I want. I wasn't stuck on color, just options. I checked the listings multiple times a day, every day.

One day, a Speed Yellow 6 speed Cab at a Porsche dealer in upstate NY came up for sale. It was a dream car. 6 speed and every desirable option available. I jumped on it and put a deposit down when I got home from work. Surprisingly it was still available. Had I not, it would have been gone the next day the dealer told me. I flew out 2 weeks later and bought the car. The rest is history. The moral is, If you have an ideal spec in mind, have your duck in a row and be ready to pounce. If you don't someone else will, immediately.

White, Aerokit, with a 6 speed? Looks like there were about 5 produced for the US. Good luck
Yeah, I won't start really looking until I know I have the ability to move quick on one. In meantime it's fun to track the market.

Ugh, I know, I see so many more non-aerokits, so I could see sourcing one separately if everything else on the car is what I'm looking for.

Old 05-22-2024, 07:44 PM
Liste-Renn
Rennlist Member

The white Aerokit is, even for RF, and aspirational ask.
Wish it was on BaT to see what it sells for.
PDK is a headwind to fetching > $110K, IMO. Low miles (14,XXX) and nice otherwise build ($129.5K MSRP) helps, but not a compensation for that feature.

Last edited by Liste-Renn; 05-22-2024 at 07:50 PM.
Old 05-23-2024, 01:30 PM
Acropora8
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Liste-Renn
The white Aerokit is, even for RF, and aspirational ask.
Wish it was on BaT to see what it sells for.
PDK is a headwind to fetching > $110K, IMO. Low miles (14,XXX) and nice otherwise build ($129.5K MSRP) helps, but not a compensation for that feature.

That full red interior is love/hate.

Quick Reply: GTS Cars For Sale On The Web