Received 373 Likes on 268 Posts

Reyka vodka for me.
The following users liked this post:
ManoTexas (12-13-2020)
Old 12-13-2020, 02:59 AM
qikqbn
Rennlist Member

Received 539 Likes on 297 Posts

Good to see ya back Groovzilla. Caught up on your terrible knee injury and praying for a speedy and full recovery for ya. I spent 6 months in a wheel chair a long time ago and finally getting back in to my P-car was such a good feeling. Looking forward to seeing which 911 makes it into your gallery of 911 driveway pics next time around. Take your time healing, don't rush it, and keep the drinking to a minimum when posting on Rennlist.... unless it's about bore scoring or ims failure, then pour a glass for me too!
groovzilla (12-13-2020)
Old 12-13-2020, 10:40 AM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,850 Likes on 2,873 Posts

Thx qikqbn -----> Knee is on the mend but very slow process. Physical Therapy going well and according to Therapist I'm way ahead of schedule with the motion exercises.
I played a of sports when younger and was doing elliptical workout for 30 min everyday before this happened so they contribute the exercise to my moving along faster.
But 7 months before I can put shifting/braking strain on my right knee. About 4 months until I can climb stairs normally instead of my current one at a time.

Things are quiet now regarding the Riots and sh_theads roaming the streets. Been quiet since the election.

I have to admit the 991 is pulling me in. That 991 I test drove sort of sold me on them but no way I want the coupe with glass roof/sunroof.
Whats been frustrating in my search for 991 is many of the sunroof models have the glass roof so yet another obstacle added to the small number of Manual Transmission models.

All the best!!

Old 12-13-2020, 11:34 AM
ZuffenZeus
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,831 Likes on 1,004 Posts

Originally Posted by groovzilla
Thx qikqbn -----> Knee is on the mend but very slow process. Physical Therapy going well and according to Therapist I'm way ahead of schedule with the motion exercises.
I played a of sports when younger and was doing elliptical workout for 30 min everyday before this happened so they contribute the exercise to my moving along faster.
But 7 months before I can put shifting/braking strain on my right knee. About 4 months until I can climb stairs normally instead of my current one at a time.

Things are quiet now regarding the Riots and sh_theads roaming the streets. Been quiet since the election.

I have to admit the 991 is pulling me in. That 991 I test drove sort of sold me on them but no way I want the coupe with glass roof/sunroof.
Whats been frustrating in my search for 991 is many of the sunroof models have the glass roof so yet another obstacle added to the small number of Manual Transmission models.

All the best!!

Good to hear you're on the mend. Be thankful your ban was only a few weeks. Mine was three years! I'm also glad to hear the violence has ended (relatively speaking) in your area and there are no more autonomous zones (i.e. CHAZ/CHOP) taking over your city and creating chaos. You're always welcomed in the south, just don't bring the trouble makers and spineless politicians! Good luck with your next Porsche search. You should really consider writing a book of your journey with Porsches. Lawd knows you have plenty of beautiful photographs over the years.

Cheers!
groovzilla (12-13-2020)
Old 12-13-2020, 11:56 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,453 Likes on 4,114 Posts

All the best!!

991 Targa with the super-cool, non-glass roof !
groovzilla (12-13-2020)
Old 12-13-2020, 12:11 PM
street rod
Drifting

Received 230 Likes on 170 Posts

Great to see you are getting back in the Groove, so to speak. I have been through many injuries and physical therapies. This one will come and go and be a distant memory soon as you see your next Porsche arrive and the smiles start again. Stay positive my friend and glad to see you back on the board. Concerning your mulling over a 991. I am extremely happy with my current 997 but always curious and thinking about my next car. I think the 991.1 is going to slowly continue to come down in price and become an incredible value. Even though I like the 991.2 refresh better, I want to drive these cars so I will be ready when the time comes. If you start getting into that market I would like to hear your thoughts.
groovzilla (12-13-2020)
Old 12-13-2020, 01:52 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Thx street rod ---> I have to say that the 997S and 997C4S are such great cars that the only reason I would buy the 991 is that it is the next generation and I've always liked owning the next model and climbing another rung on Porsche ladder.
I've also enjoyed owning a few of the same generation - I think my record still stands of owning 3 996C4S's back in my 996 Forum days.
997S is a great machine. IMO it looks better than the 911/964/993/996 and the comfort/drive superior.
I've got my eyes open but no pulling trigger until spring/summer next year. Many P-car owners start lusting for a new car when summer gets close.

*Also spoke to an old friend recently I sold one of my 356's to. He lives in Reno and I sold my 1958 356A in Silver/red interior way back in 1995 - He restored his car using my go-to restoration shop In Ukiah California.
We both had our cars (my 1959 356 Super Sunroof Coupe) restored about the same time in 1997 and both of our cars took about 3 years. Long assed wait but well worth it.
He's toying with the idea of selling and I've got 1st right of refusal. WHats so nice about his car is that it has been driven and not sitting collecting dust - Engine was rebuilt and is all dialed in as well as brakes/transmission.
Has nice 20 year patina now.
When our cars were finished in 1999 we both drove them home from northern California after cruising the wineries and back roads.
This photo of my 1959 356A is on side of road in Napa on drive home. Also photo of my friends 1958 when he drove up to visit 10 years ago

I have such great memories of driving my 356 all over the west coast - Probably 15 round trips to LA and SF. Wonderful times and 25-30 years ago roads much less crowded and driving meant using a Road Atlas and navigating was a major part of the fun. Never really know what the outcome would be and if you would actually make your destination or be stuck on side of road with overheating/oil dripping engine. My trick for better luck arriving was to drive at night when cooler or drive in shade of Tractor Trailer trucks to block sun and keep the oil temp down a bit - Doesn't take much to keep those 356 engines happier.
The good old days!

Last edited by groovzilla; 12-13-2020 at 02:10 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by groovzilla:
DesmoSD (12-15-2020), Gene_GaTech (12-13-2020), street rod (12-13-2020)
Old 12-13-2020, 05:36 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 904 Likes on 532 Posts

Originally Posted by cwheeler
Reyka vodka for me.
Have you tried Purity. I am maried to Russian so kind of know Vodkas. Purity is so smooth you should not do anything to it but drink it straight. Don’t think any Vodka has ever scored as high as Ouritu.
Old 12-13-2020, 05:40 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 904 Likes on 532 Posts

^^Doug selling to him was never an issue and my drunken post was all made up BS regarding the weather/care of car/etc.
I had 5 full price offers and probably another 8 people who wanted to buy it and responded to the ad since I was unable to update the Marketplace lIsting due to being Banned.

All the best Doug and again didn't mean to pull your chain/have things go sideways on the removed Thread.

Dude, you were not pulling any chains. That was a racist as heck comment. I am not even the kind to usuallly get offended over that, but I hope those defending you did not actually see what you wrote.
Old 12-13-2020, 05:47 PM
z3mcoupe
Rennlist Member

Received 178 Likes on 98 Posts

I saw your car for sale....pretty machine, but I missed the thread. Either way, it takes a man to write what you did and I respect you for that (not that you care lol. )....good to see people owning up irrespective to the varying perceptions of the indiscretion.

Good luck finding your way into another 997 in the future if that is your wish....I'm an 2x ex 997.2 owner attempting to find my way back in. It's like watching the house prices go up around you so fast you can't afford a home anymore.

groovzilla (12-13-2020)
Old 12-13-2020, 07:20 PM
ManoTexas
Three Wheelin'

Received 689 Likes on 415 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug H
Have you tried Purity. I am maried to Russian so kind of know Vodkas. Purity is so smooth you should not do anything to it but drink it straight. Don’t think any Vodka has ever scored as high as Ouritu.
Doug, made me think of one of my fav restaurants, Russia House in Herndon on south side of DC (not the one in DC). Haven’t been there in 10 yrs or so, not sure if still there. Ali had wonderful Russian vodka selection, my fav was Red Army, black bottle with red ammo shaped cap lol. Went there towards end of working stint in Herndon, sat down at the bar and started talking with Ali, ordered Red Army and got a nope. But it’s right there on the shelf I stuttered. My last bottle and no one but me can drink it was the answer. Several yrs before he’d told me the story of finding it in Russia and convincing his distributor to get it for him, and the guy had decided all the hoops to go thru wasn’t worth it. I miss drinking it, chatting with Ali, and the fantastic food, great steak tartare made table side by Ali.
Old 12-13-2020, 07:38 PM
Ironman88
Rennlist Member

Received 2,221 Likes on 1,174 Posts

Originally Posted by ManoTexas
Doug, made me think of one of my fav restaurants, Russia House in Herndon on south side of DC (not the one in DC). Haven’t been there in 10 yrs or so, not sure if still there. Ali had wonderful Russian vodka selection, my fav was Red Army, black bottle with red ammo shaped cap lol. Went there towards end of working stint in Herndon, sat down at the bar and started talking with Ali, ordered Red Army and got a nope. But it’s right there on the shelf I stuttered. My last bottle and no one but me can drink it was the answer. Several yrs before he’d told me the story of finding it in Russia and convincing his distributor to get it for him, and the guy had decided all the hoops to go thru wasn’t worth it. I miss drinking it, chatting with Ali, and the fantastic food, great steak tartare made table side by Ali.
https://russiahouserestaurant.com/ab...orthern-va.php

ManoTexas (12-13-2020)
Old 12-13-2020, 08:31 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Wondering if there are any 997 owners who also have a 991.
Remember there was one guy who had both but forget his username.

Last edited by groovzilla; 12-14-2020 at 06:20 AM.
Old 12-13-2020, 08:58 PM
cwheeler
Rennlist Member

Received 373 Likes on 268 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug H
I haven't. I live in the communist state of virginia, so it's tough getting atypical brands. But I'll look for those!
Old 12-14-2020, 06:16 AM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by b3freak
Good to hear you're on the mend. Be thankful your ban was only a few weeks. Mine was three years! I'm also glad to hear the violence has ended (relatively speaking) in your area and there are no more autonomous zones (i.e. CHAZ/CHOP) taking over your city and creating chaos. You're always welcomed in the south, just don't bring the trouble makers and spineless politicians! Good luck with your next Porsche search. You should really consider writing a book of your journey with Porsches. Lawd knows you have plenty of beautiful photographs over the years.

Cheers!
B3 good to hear from you - Wow 3 years a long time.
Hope all is well - I think I remember you selling your 996 then picking up another - Did you move up to 997??

All the best

Quick Reply: Apologies Regarding My Post