Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Apologies Regarding My Post

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2020, 07:12 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,402 Likes on 2,513 Posts

The 991 market is tight. Now, with the Stop Sale on the 991s, it's even tighter.
The following users liked this post:
groovzilla (12-14-2020)
Old 12-14-2020, 11:10 AM
ZuffenZeus
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,831 Likes on 1,004 Posts

Originally Posted by groovzilla
B3 good to hear from you - Wow 3 years a long time.
Hope all is well - I think I remember you selling your 996 then picking up another - Did you move up to 997??

All the best

Long story short. I just sold my second 996 this past spring because I needed the money - my youngest daughter was turning 16 and my oldest was entering college. But once I got them settled, I started looking for another Porsche, but things changed a bit. Found a nice Cayman in Texas. My wife always wanted to be more connected to my hobby. That meant tiptronic or pdk. She can drive a manual, but because of the heavier clutches, she gets tired really quick. The Cayman was nice and has tiptronic. Now all my family can take turns "driving the Porsche". The mid-engine handling is truly amazing. Not knocking the 911, but I can see why so many people love these Caymans.
Old 12-14-2020, 04:22 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,850 Likes on 2,873 Posts

Originally Posted by b3freak
Long story short. I just sold my second 996 this past spring because I needed the money - my youngest daughter was turning 16 and my oldest was entering college. But once I got them settled, I started looking for another Porsche, but things changed a bit. Found a nice Cayman in Texas. My wife always wanted to be more connected to my hobby. That meant tiptronic or pdk. She can drive a manual, but because of the heavier clutches, she gets tired really quick. The Cayman was nice and has tiptronic. Now all my family can take turns "driving the Porsche". The mid-engine handling is truly amazing. Not knocking the 911, but I can see why so many people love these Caymans.
Like the Boxter I've always thought of the Cayman as a women's car. Until of course that statement I posted on RL Thread regarding Cayman's was confronted 3 years ago with a post from RL/Cayman owner who sent photos of badassed Cayman on track. And then I drove one.
They are like little go karts stuck to the pavement and fun.
Glad to see you back on RL. Hows the other 996 site doing - Those guys still churning it up? *I still get all amped up about winning the $100 bet regarding KrazyK's $19.99 Walmart IMS repair

Last edited by groovzilla; 12-14-2020 at 04:24 PM.
Old 12-15-2020, 12:43 PM
ZuffenZeus
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,831 Likes on 1,004 Posts

Originally Posted by groovzilla
Like the Boxter I've always thought of the Cayman as a women's car. Until of course that statement I posted on RL Thread regarding Cayman's was confronted 3 years ago with a post from RL/Cayman owner who sent photos of badassed Cayman on track. And then I drove one.
They are like little go karts stuck to the pavement and fun.
Glad to see you back on RL. Hows the other 996 site doing - Those guys still churning it up? *I still get all amped up about winning the $100 bet regarding KrazyK's $19.99 Walmart IMS repair
Yea, the whole "Boxster Hairdresser" thing is just a stereotypical joke, not reality. hahaha I monitor analytics for Jake Raby and the Knowledge Gruppe and basically, females only make up less than 1% of Boxster, Cayman, and 911 ownership. I would imagine they're more attracted to the Panamera, Cayenne, or Macan.

Another misconception (maybe optical illusion?) about the Cayman is that's it's radically smaller than a 911, but if you compare the dimensions to say the Porsche 996, you'll see the Cayman is longer and wider.

Porsche 996 - length: 174" width: 69.5" heigth: 51.4"
Porsche Cayman - length: 175" width: 72" heigth: 50"

The 997 and beyond is when the 911 became a larger car. IMHO, the 997 was the last of the perfect sized 911. After the 997, the 911 got too big.

But I understand what you're saying about the "go kart" feel. The mid-engine design does make the car feel more planted, especially around the curve. It's not uncommon to swing your tail in a 911... but isn't that was you want in a 911? haha

Yea, the guys over at the Outpost are still talking it up. Most of it has been political. I don't care for political talk on the forums. I come to Porsche forums, to talk about .... ummm Porsches.

Cheers!
The following 2 users liked this post by ZuffenZeus:
groovzilla (12-16-2020), street rod (12-15-2020)

Quick Reply: Apologies Regarding My Post