Racer

Received 109 Likes on 80 Posts

https://www.elferspot.com/de/fahrzeu...s-2011-168294/

For sale for about $118,600
Old 12-10-2020, 09:14 AM
SupremeDeluxe
Intermediate

Received 32 Likes on 6 Posts

There are a lot of "rare" cars you can buy anytime, given enough money and some time on the internet. This is not one of them. If there are 2+ people that want this, it could sell over original MSRP.
Old 12-10-2020, 10:19 AM
Quixotic1
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 52 Posts

The Elferspot car is PDK.

Last edited by Quixotic1; 12-10-2020 at 10:26 AM.
Old 12-11-2020, 07:26 PM
Quixotic1
Rennlist Member

$110k 3 days to go.

List price was $137,370.00

Will it break list price?????
Old 12-11-2020, 10:37 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,102 Likes on 1,324 Posts

I doubt it'll break List or come very close.

$110K is low mile Turbo and Turbo S pricing.

Heck, a 6MT Turbo goes for around $120-140K.

Can't see it going much higher than 115K or so. IMHO
Old 12-11-2020, 10:49 PM
Quixotic1
Rennlist Member

As the GTS legend/reputation continues to become more known I don't know what may happen.

I'm seeing a lot about the GTS being the ultimate street car expression of the brand and it being the most collectable modern Porsche.

Old 12-12-2020, 12:44 AM
Bloose993TT
Three Wheelin'

Received 129 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by Quixotic1
As the GTS legend/reputation continues to become more known I don't know what may happen.

I'm seeing a lot about the GTS being the ultimate street car expression of the brand and it being the most collectable modern Porsche.
Where are you seeing this? The most collectable 997 is the GT3 RS 4.0 by far. Not to take away from the GTS line but too many other lines GT/Turbo/Speedster are far superior when talking about future collectables.
The following users liked this post:
Big Swole (12-12-2020)
Old 12-12-2020, 01:21 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,028 Likes on 730 Posts

Originally Posted by Quixotic1

Please keep repeating this. Twice a day at least if you have time on your hands
Old 12-12-2020, 09:19 AM
Quixotic1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bloose993TT
Where are you seeing this? The most collectable 997 is the GT3 RS 4.0 by far. Not to take away from the GTS line but too many other lines GT/Turbo/Speedster are far superior when talking about future collectables.
All over YouTube and the internet you'll find people extolling the virtues of the GTS.

You are right that "most" collectable is incorrect. I should have said highly collectable. I apologize.

When I did a search the buzz is intense. Notice I said "street car".

Here is one example of many:

https://www.supercars.net/blog/the-d...-made/#2011gts

Last edited by Quixotic1; 12-12-2020 at 09:27 AM.
Old 12-12-2020, 09:24 AM
GTS Sully
Pro

Received 157 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Bloose993TT
This for sure, imo. The RS 4.0 is stunning, plain and simple.
Old 12-12-2020, 09:58 AM
8Lug
Rennlist Member

Received 857 Likes on 405 Posts

This is the nicest GTS I have seen and having owned one, I'm a big fan of the model. However, what do you do with a car like the one being auctioned here? It's almost too perfect/pristine/rare to be a daily driver, which is the whole point of the GTS. For the current bid price + fees ($115k), you're in 997 GT3 money and I think those of us who have driven or owned both, will agree that the GT3 provides a driving experience which is on a level magnitudes higher. If you want the ultimate street going Carrera to drive daily and don't care about depreciation then I see this GTS making sense. But if you want a weekend car that you hop into simply for the joy of driving, I think there are much better options at this price point. Just my opinion, of course.
Old 12-12-2020, 11:32 AM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 904 Likes on 532 Posts

Originally Posted by 8Lug
This is the nicest GTS I have seen and having owned one, I'm a big fan of the model. However, what do you do with a car like the one being auctioned here? It's almost too perfect/pristine/rare to be a daily driver, which is the whole point of the GTS. For the current bid price + fees ($115k), you're in 997 GT3 money and I think those of us who have driven or owned both, will agree that the GT3 provides a driving experience which is on a level magnitudes higher. If you want the ultimate street going Carrera to drive daily and don't care about depreciation then I see this GTS making sense. But if you want a weekend car that you hop into simply for the joy of driving, I think there are much better options at this price point. Just my opinion, of course.
If miles are kept down, this car will hold value. GTSs with manuals are pretty dang rare and even rarer still with PTS. They built what, 600 997.2 GT3 4.0 RSs? How many 997.2 GTSs with manual and PTS exist, and then how many of those are less than 10k miles? We may be talking smaller numbers with GTS manual PTS. Please do not throw 997.2 Turbos in the same ring as those are plentiful.

People will pay high prices, and continue to pay high prices, for the best examples of cars like these in pristine condition. Locating a 997.2 GT3 is NOT difficult at all and low mileage pristine examples may be more than $130k.. Finding another GTS like this may be extremely difficult.

Your guys that talk about driving experience don't really seem like you have owned BOTH a 997.2 GTS and a 997.2 GT3 so are you really qualified to say? This is NOT necessarily directed at 8Lug, but many other on this thread and others who keep saying the same thing WITHOUT any real world first person experience.

Didn't an 86 944 Turbo recently sell for $68k on BAT? Now that is ridiculous to me as there is not much redeeming about that car except for it being pristine and low mileage.

This GTS manual PTS will bring a solid a number. It is at $115k now with buyer's premium. Keep this car under 10k miles and it will keep bringing that number or high year after year. 997.2 GT3 4.0s may have peaked a while back.

Last edited by Doug H; 12-12-2020 at 11:43 AM.
Old 12-12-2020, 12:06 PM
8Lug
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Doug H
If miles are kept down, this car will hold value. GTSs with manuals are pretty dang rare and even rarer still with PTS. They built what, 600 997.2 GT3 4.0 RSs? How many 997.2 GTSs with manual and PTS exist, and then how many of those are less than 10k miles? We may be talking smaller numbers with GTS manual PTS. Please do not throw 997.2 Turbos in the same ring as those are plentiful.

People will pay high prices, and continue to pay high prices, for the best examples of cars like these in pristine condition. Locating a 997.2 GT3 is NOT difficult at all and low mileage pristine examples may be more than $130k.. Finding another GTS like this may be extremely difficult.

Your guys that talk about driving experience don't really seem like you have owned BOTH a 997.2 GTS and a 997.2 GT3 so are you really qualified to say? This is NOT necessarily directed at 8Lug, but many other on this thread and others who keep saying the same thing WITHOUT any real world first person experience.

Didn't an 86 944 Turbo recently sell for $68k on BAT? Now that is ridiculous to me as there is not much redeeming about that car except for it being pristine and low mileage.

This GTS manual PTS will bring a solid a number. It is at $115k now with buyer's premium. Keep this car under 10k miles and it will keep bringing that number or high year after year. 997.2 GT3 4.0s may have peaked a while back.
Doug, you're kind of making my point for me. "Keep this car under 10k miles and it will keep bringing that number". To keep the miles that low on a car that already has 8k miles, you're basically limiting yourself to driving an average of no more than one short 20 mile trip each weekend for the next two years. So obviously this would not constitute regular use or make the car a "daily driver". My question was; if the car won't be used regularly, why not get a 911 that provides a better driving experience for the same price? I'm genuinely curious to hear opinions and the rationale from someone who would actually step up and pay $115k plus for a GTS. I'm not here to tell anyone their choices are right or wrong. These are all individual decisions.
Know you weren't directing this at me, but for reference, yes, I have owned a manual GTS coupe and yes, I have owned a GT3 (and a Turbo, etc), and yes, I do think the GT3 is on a whole different level from a driving feel and enjoyment standpoint. But that doesn't mean I think the GT3 is a better car than the GTS. It all depends on what someone intends to use it for. Which brings me back to my original question; What do you do with a $115k GTS unless you're just a collector?

Last edited by 8Lug; 12-12-2020 at 12:11 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by 8Lug:
Doug H (12-12-2020), ParkslopeDope (12-17-2020)
Old 12-12-2020, 01:26 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 904 Likes on 532 Posts

Originally Posted by 8Lug
Doug, you're kind of making my point for me. "Keep this car under 10k miles and it will keep bringing that number". To keep the miles that low on a car that already has 8k miles, you're basically limiting yourself to driving an average of no more than one short 20 mile trip each weekend for the next two years. So obviously this would not constitute regular use or make the car a "daily driver". My question was; if the car won't be used regularly, why not get a 911 that provides a better driving experience for the same price? I'm genuinely curious to hear opinions and the rationale from someone who would actually step up and pay $115k plus for a GTS. I'm not here to tell anyone their choices are right or wrong. These are all individual decisions.
Know you weren't directing this at me, but for reference, yes, I have owned a manual GTS coupe and yes, I have owned a GT3 (and a Turbo, etc), and yes, I do think the GT3 is on a whole different level from a driving feel and enjoyment standpoint. But that doesn't mean I think the GT3 is a better car than the GTS. It all depends on what someone intends to use it for. Which brings me back to my original question; What do you do with a $115k GTS unless you're just a collector?
If I was in the market and truly liked this color . . . scratch that. I would purchase a Ferrari 430 or a nice Gallardo. An R8 is even more enjoyable in the $115k range.

I really am not super hip on this color though I do respect this car. This car just illustrates what people pay to be unique and have bragging rights. Not much unique or boastable about a 997.2 GT3 base in my opinion and definitely nothing super special about a 997.2 turbo IMO except they are wonderful daily drivers.

Cool that owned all of those. I have never owned a 997 GT3, but I have put perhaps 50 + track hours on them and I had a 997 GT3 Cup. Many of the others constantly making this statement, however, has likely neither owned nor driven either one.

For street purposes, the GTS is about all one really needs.

Last edited by Doug H; 12-12-2020 at 01:29 PM.
Old 12-12-2020, 02:04 PM
8Lug
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Doug H
If I was in the market and truly liked this color . . . scratch that. I would purchase a Ferrari 430 or a nice Gallardo. An R8 is even more enjoyable in the $115k range.

I really am not super hip on this color though I do respect this car. This car just illustrates what people pay to be unique and have bragging rights. Not much unique or boastable about a 997.2 GT3 base in my opinion and definitely nothing super special about a 997.2 turbo IMO except they are wonderful daily drivers.

Cool that owned all of those. I have never owned a 997 GT3, but I have put perhaps 50 + track hours on them and I had a 997 GT3 Cup. Many of the others constantly making this statement, however, has likely neither owned nor driven either one.

For street purposes, the GTS is about all one really needs.
I think we agree on most points. This GTS on BaT is certainly unique and is probably a one of one. The premium is all for that uniqueness. It drives the same as a black GTS that can be had for 30K less. If I had to pick a single 911 for daily use, there is no question that the GTS would be at the top pf my list, with a 997.1 Turbo a close second.
It's funny, someone mentioned in an earlier post how expensive PTS is on new cars relative to the 997 generation. Well just look at how expensive PTS is now on a used GTS. Probably $30 to $50k premium depending on where this auction ends. Now that's an upcharge

Quick Reply: Absolutely Gorgeous 997 GTS on B.A.T