priority?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2020, 04:54 PM
youngvedder
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default priority?

Hey!

curious on the general consensus on next upgrade to my 997.1 c2s...For insight, headers, muffs, intake, plenum, and TB have been upgraded along with H&R springs...trying to decide on whether I go Tune (thinking softronics) or DSC controller....I hear a lot of great things about both, just not sure which I should do first.

appreciate your insights.

Yv
Old 06-02-2020, 05:08 PM
Manoverpdk
Racer

Received 154 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by youngvedder
Hey!

curious on the general consensus on next upgrade to my 997.1 c2s...For insight, headers, muffs, intake, plenum, and TB have been upgraded along with H&R springs...trying to decide on whether I go Tune (thinking softronics) or DSC controller....I hear a lot of great things about both, just not sure which I should do first.

Yv
Keep it factory, as I did for 11 yrs.
Just my 2c.
Save your $ for a car, not parts.
The following users liked this post:
ThomasCarreraGTS (06-03-2020)
Old 06-02-2020, 05:46 PM
TopKatz
Racer

Received 144 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by youngvedder
Hey!

Yv
a tune would make sense if you did all of those upgrades.
Old 06-02-2020, 06:11 PM
Ripking
Rennlist Member

Received 120 Likes on 88 Posts

DSC controller. I am a non-PASM owner but I am envious of everyone when the discussion comes up. Seems like the best grand you could throw into the car.

Editing... I would say to add to the previous reply if you have done all that you're probably not getting the most of it without a tune so that might be the first thing to address before the DSC.
Old 06-02-2020, 06:21 PM
TheTorch
Rennlist Member

Received 398 Likes on 275 Posts

No regrets DSC owner here. Sport mode went from unusable to excellent for me. Regular PASM mode improved. Also tune-able.
Tom@TPC Racing (06-04-2020)
Old 06-02-2020, 08:28 PM
cwheeler
Rennlist Member

Received 382 Likes on 270 Posts

DSC should have been mod number 1.

Cw
Old 06-03-2020, 03:09 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,037 Likes on 734 Posts

Much overlooked mod in my opinion is the steering wheel. The stock wheel is too skinny and the leather of poor quality with a slippery feel to it imo. Not talking about some backwoods after market wheel. There are several vendors that modify your stock wheel to your specifications where you keep the airbag and the stock look. Not very expensive either especially if they have a wheel in stock like the one you want modified. Then you just keep your wheel while they build your new one and pay a stock exchange fee which is refunded to you once you've received the new wheel and they receive your old wheel.

Great inexpensive mod that you won't regret. Here are two of the vendors that do this work in the US: There's another one in Germany that I can't remember the name of:

http://www.dallassteeringwheel.com/sw1.htm
http://www.dctms.com/product_ST_PCH.html

Attached two pictures of wheels I had made for two of my cars. Configurations are endless of course including flattening of the bottom. Just giving you an idea of what they do and what the difference is.

Trending Topics

Old 06-03-2020, 07:48 AM
Miamirice
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by TopKatz
a tune would make sense if you did all of those upgrades.
when you say tune are we talking a mail order solution like softronic or working on a dyno with a tuner? I have spent hours on dyno’s with race cars and it freq a decision of choosing some parameters over others.
Old 06-03-2020, 09:05 AM
TopKatz
Racer

Received 144 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Miamirice
when you say tune are we talking a mail order solution like softronic or working on a dyno with a tuner? I have spent hours on dyno’s with race cars and it freq a decision of choosing some parameters over others.
Im sure the off the shelf is fine, but a custom tune would be better assuming you have a tuner who knows Porsche and is good.

With that said the delta in cost and performance might not warrant the time/cost factor. I would look into the off the shelf tune as it relates to your configuration and see what the impact is.

I had a WRX back in the day and I did COBB stage one on it. Latter i went stage two and I found a local guy who built custom maps with a Dyno for me that the access port could deploy.

The difference in the standard Cobb stage two and the custom one was not detectable by me. However it was nice to know that my car had mappings setup for the specific parts I had installed.
Old 06-03-2020, 10:20 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,552 Likes on 4,167 Posts

DSC.

Quick Reply: priority?