Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997.2 4S with 85k - should I be worried?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2019, 02:48 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,059 Likes on 743 Posts

Originally Posted by groovzilla
IMO the easiest way to sell a higher mileage car is to have an example that is in excellent condition with no accidents, no paintwork and great options with recent expensive services like clutch/brakes/etc performed recently.
Here's an example of what I an referring to - My 2002 996 C4S w/111K miles I sold on Bring A Trailer 3 years ago.
Sold for top dollar market value in 2016 at $26K - It was garage kept and stunning - like most cars I buy:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2002-4/

Agree with all of that but I think it may be worth repeating that Porsche dealerships will CPO cars that have had front or rear bumper accidents that was cosmetic only. In other words, no additional damage behind the bumper covers. And assuming the repair and paint work was done first rate needless to say. Any other body panel damaged in an accident disqualifies the car for CPO coverage according to my service advisor no matter the quality of the repair work. Evidence out there of dealerships not exactly adhering to these guidelines though.....
Old 12-01-2019, 05:55 PM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

Received 2,293 Likes on 903 Posts

LaSalle is the ONLY warranty company that I will work with. No one else, under any circumstance.
LaSalle doesn't;t make excuses, and there's no BS to deal with. The rest of the companies are the same, you deal with some clown sitting ion a cubicle that knows nothing, and is paid on a reverse comm mission, based on how much he saves the company he represents.

The last time I accepted a warranty job from a company other than laSalle was in 2009. I won't even consider accepting jobs from any other company.

Quick Reply: 997.2 4S with 85k - should I be worried?