Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB 997.2 C4S Manual Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2019, 03:47 PM
SpeedyD
Burning Brakes

Received 176 Likes on 119 Posts

Widebody C4S definitely has a noticeably different look to the car. Steering feel is great and I tested plenty of C2S and C4S cars. 997.1 cars have a floaty front feel to them but the .2 cars are tight. The 4S in 997.2 trim won't engage any material power to the front unless absolutely called upon to do so. Track tests even in the dry show they matched or bettered the 2S cars. You can drift a 4S around a corner too...

I know why the market is tight for them - it is because people like me won't sell theirs at virtually any price... finding a manual 4S in great condition and with nice options is not easy... very few listings even when I originally looked for mine.

Good luck on the search, you will love it.
Old 08-21-2019, 08:52 PM
street rod
Drifting

Received 265 Likes on 180 Posts

There is a 2009 White over Black C4S Manual Coupe in the PCA classifieds right now. 37K miles for $61,995.
Old 08-21-2019, 11:48 PM
63mercedes
Burning Brakes

Received 279 Likes on 197 Posts

Thanks Street Rod, I did see that one and spoke with him, his DME report is perfect. Nothing in RANGE 2, It's that clean. The bbs wheels are a nice touch and I believe he had factory PSE. I was hoping for something with a bit higher spec. I didn't realize painted rockers was an option, I never payed much attention to it honestly. That should be a standard item IMO.

Hula : Absolutley lol It's for my eyes only.

SpeedyD: I'm with you. I definetly have an eye for it, I can tell a WB from a NB real easy. The light reflects off the fenders differently also.

Speedracerf4i : Thank you, I received the email and responded.
Old 08-22-2019, 12:01 AM
jkoravos
Pro

Received 126 Likes on 99 Posts

That's a funny coincidence, I had a PPI (on a different car) done today and it was the same thing. 13,000 operating hours. 1,300 ignitions in range 1, none in 2-6. I'm buying the car.
Old 08-22-2019, 12:17 AM
bheit1
Rennlist Member

Received 195 Likes on 133 Posts

I could never see a good rational for all wheel drive on a Carrera. It's extra weight, resistance, and maintenance. Will you be racing it? I doubt it. Why drive a work of art through road salt? You will be very happy with a C2S.
The following users liked this post:
FlatsixS (08-22-2019)
Old 08-22-2019, 12:22 AM
jkoravos
Pro

A lot of people daily Carreras, i think having an AWD option is awesome for people in cold climates. I would agree that it doesn't make sense for a weekend car. I live in a cold climate but will keep my (newly purchased) C2S Cab as a summer/weekend car. I have no need for AWD.
FlatsixS (08-22-2019)
Old 08-22-2019, 01:07 AM
Hula
Burning Brakes

Received 203 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by bheit1
Why drive a work of art through road salt?
Always nice to arrive in style, speed, and comfort.

Old 08-22-2019, 03:16 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,059 Likes on 743 Posts

Originally Posted by 63mercedes
Sandwedge: Did you purchase your C4S and GTS used? How old were the cars when you bought them? I think a trip down to Champion should be in order.
Both of them used but both CPO. I'm among those who prefer for someone else to take the big initial depreciation on a new car once it's driven off the lot. The -09 C4S from Champion was just over a year old, only had a little over 2,000 miles on it so looked and smelled new. It's been a while so I can't remember the purchase price but those 2,000 miles amounted to a substantial discount over a new one. They took my -06 C4S in trade so it's kind of hard to figure an exact figure. Especially since they gave me a new Tubi exhaust at no cost, the car came with Champion RG5 wheels and was CPO. I''m guessing all things added up I saved a minimum of $10K on the purchase price over a new one. Then add $6K for the wheels and $3,500 for the Tubi and I was happy with the deal.

The 2011 GTS had more miles at just over 20,000 but was CPO, had the GT2 bucket seats that I got spoiled with in the -09 C4S and had Forgeline wheels approaching $7K if bought new. Paid $78K for that almost 5 years ago so basically got the $11,000 seats and the $$7,000 seats for free. Was happy about that deal too. But then, neither of these two deals would appeal to someone who wants a bone stock car so who's to say what's a good deal?
Old 08-22-2019, 07:42 AM
dgjks6
Drifting

Received 254 Likes on 162 Posts

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but there is a silver with red c4s manual at the dealer near me for $50,000
Old 08-22-2019, 08:58 AM
SpeedyD
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by dgjks6
Don't know if this has been mentioned, but there is a silver with red c4s manual at the dealer near me for $50,000
Looks like a really nice car - and not a bad price for 76k miles 4S 6MT. Looks clean.
Old 08-22-2019, 10:07 AM
jkoravos
Pro

Originally Posted by dgjks6

I don't want to be the guy who advocates for the C2S over the C4S, I'm sure the C4S is awesome and no one regrets buying one, but I just closed a deal for a 997.2 C2S in excellent condition for closer to 45k and way, way less miles than that car has. My only point is to make sure you really want the AWD because it comes with a fair premium.
Old 08-22-2019, 12:53 PM
SpeedyD
Burning Brakes

At this point what is $5K or $10K? If someone wants one car over another I think it should (and clearly does) come down to preference.

If a $5-10k premium to get the car someone wants is putting them off one 911 (that they prefer) and into one they prefer less, then I am afraid to say that maybe it isn't the right car as regular good maintenance, tires, etc are all pretty pricey in these cars.

You will likely save money in the long run getting a car that you like vs. flipping in and out of cars (paying taxes / other transaction costs).

Of course, if someone prefers a C2S then it makes all the sense in the world to get one of those instead...
Old 08-22-2019, 01:00 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,722 Likes on 4,275 Posts

Originally Posted by SpeedyD
At this point what is $5K or $10K? If someone wants one car over another I think it should (and clearly does) come down to preference.

If a $5-10k premium to get the car someone wants is putting them off one 911 (that they prefer) and into one they prefer less, then I am afraid to say that maybe it isn't the right car as regular good maintenance, tires, etc are all pretty pricey in these cars.

You will likely save money in the long run getting a car that you like vs. flipping in and out of cars (paying taxes / other transaction costs).

Of course, if someone prefers a C2S then it makes all the sense in the world to get one of those instead...
All true. I prefer the driving dynamics of the C2S myself, but to each their own. The other thing is if you find one you like, but it's a few thousand dollars too high, just buy it and make it work. It's better to be driving these cars than shopping for them and a day lost without a 997 when it can be avoided isn't worth it. Plus it will help drive the market price up for the rest of our cars, not that it matters to me since I'm never selling mine
Old 08-23-2019, 12:18 PM
63mercedes
Burning Brakes

Received 279 Likes on 197 Posts

Yes absolutely to each their own.

Jkoravos: Congrats!! , I know you have to be pretty excited about the new purchase. I'm sure we would all love to see the pictures when you post it up.

Bheit1: It's one of those things having 4 four wheel drive never hurt any situation. I've driven both and I do like the planted feel of the 4S, plus the light bar and WB are just icing on the cake paying homage to the history of the original designs.

Hula: Have fun out there and be safe in the snow lol the white looks great!!

dgjks6: I did see that one, If the miles were lower I would consider it. 76k is a bit to high for me personally. Especially when a few grand more knocks the mileage down considerably.

SpeedyD: You're right you buy what you want, you work hard for what you want. I haven't ruled out a C2S but I can't throw in the towel this early, It's only been a few months. I know a lot of you guys searched much longer than that.

Sandwedge: I've been a lurker on this forum for awhile and know you always come out on top lol. Tubi and no extra cost? Enjoy that thing, i'm sure it sounds great.

Petza: I do plan on keeping the car for quite sometime. At this point it's not so much the price of the car but all the other incidentals after. I'm keeping those in mind also, it matters. Figure in tax, airfare, hotel, PPI, and shipping to have it brought to Boca.

Thank's again I have seen some great cars through my email from you guys. Everything is much appreciated and sorry If I left someone out of a personal response.

Nate
Old 08-23-2019, 03:20 PM
Marco P
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Nate.

I can empathize, after an obsessive 9 month search I recently purchased my dream Porsche: 2012 C4S Manual, 33k, 2-owner, 10k / 20k / 30k done at Porsche, Black / Black, Sport Chrono, PSE, PASM, PDLS, Bose, Adaptive Sport Seats, new Michelins, the works.

I bought it from an independent dealer (friend of mine) that managed to source it for me through a broker for $64,900, which I feel is more than fair considering the condition and pedigree of the car.

There's another indy out here in the Chicago suburbs called Barnaba Autosport, I'm not affiliated but I can vouch for the quality of his work and his inventory. He just got this one in: https://barnabaautosport.com/2010-Po...4/Details.aspx

I'll see Ron Barnaba on Sunday at the Geneva Concours D'Elegance, I can ask him about the car if you like.

Here's mine, by the way. Spent a few hours detailing yesterday.

SpeedyD (08-23-2019)

Quick Reply: WTB 997.2 C4S Manual Coupe