Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buying new Lloyd mats. Trying to decide on Lettering.

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2019, 07:50 PM
Rabbit997
Instructor

Received 160 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Buying new Lloyd mats. Trying to decide on Lettering.

Any feedback, Have Porsche logo only or add Carrera or 911 with the Porsche logo. Not sure if it may be to much. Want it to look OEM. You feedback is appreciate.
Old 05-05-2019, 08:35 PM
rap
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a personal choice. Both might be too much. Subtle often shows more. Pick one. What kind of car do you have.
Old 05-05-2019, 09:46 PM
Rabbit997
Instructor

Received 160 Likes on 41 Posts

Thanks Rap, I thinking the same. It maybe too much. I have a carrera 4.
Old 05-05-2019, 11:10 PM
Domer911
Rennlist Member

Received 356 Likes on 191 Posts

less is more, especially on a Porsche. My opinion, of course
Old 05-05-2019, 11:27 PM
MkC2S
Drifting

Received 65 Likes on 46 Posts

here's mine...silver Carrera, red S

Old 05-06-2019, 02:46 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,037 Likes on 734 Posts

Aside from the lettering, have you had Lloyd mats before? I bought a set and threw them in the trash after about a month of trying to live with the fastening clips that don't work. At least not on my car but I've read about similar complaints from others so I'm pretty sure it's a poor design. The barbs on the "male" clip you insert into the female portion just aren't wide enough to hold it in place and the mats disconnect from what's supposed to hold them in place and end up all over the place on the floor.

Out of curiosity I actually called them and asked why they just don't put small pieces of velcro on the bottom like the factory mats. Got a convoluted response that made no sense along with a caution not to try that solution myself since it would ruin the mat.???? Hence the trash can solution for me.
Old 05-06-2019, 06:51 AM
Carreralicious
Rennlist Member

Received 754 Likes on 407 Posts

Agree that their fastening system sucks. I just cut the straps off and then applied heavy duty industrial strength Velcro pieces under the mat to mate with the factory receivers, and that worked.

Originally Posted by sandwedge
Aside from the lettering, have you had Lloyd mats before? I bought a set and threw them in the trash after about a month of trying to live with the fastening clips that don't work. At least not on my car but I've read about similar complaints from others so I'm pretty sure it's a poor design. The barbs on the "male" clip you insert into the female portion just aren't wide enough to hold it in place and the mats disconnect from what's supposed to hold them in place and end up all over the place on the floor.

Out of curiosity I actually called them and asked why they just don't put small pieces of velcro on the bottom like the factory mats. Got a convoluted response that made no sense along with a caution not to try that solution myself since it would ruin the mat.???? Hence the trash can solution for me.

Trending Topics

Old 05-06-2019, 08:12 AM
rap
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I’ve not had problems with mine although they are a Pia when moving the seat back. Rabbit I bet the red stays cleaner looking and on a black mat really pops out.
Old 05-06-2019, 10:45 AM
kellen
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 382 Likes on 247 Posts

Like the plain "PORSCHE" lettering. Look at amazon eagle claw mat holders. They have worked great for me, never had a slipped mat again.

Quick Reply: Buying new Lloyd mats. Trying to decide on Lettering.