Better sound and edge on 997:2 3,8 - Page 2 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices
997 Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Better sound and edge on 997:2 3,8

Old 03-16-2019, 12:38 AM
holgum
Addict
Rennlist Member

I did the ceramic coating on both the crossover and muffler. Aside from looking nice and helping contain heat, should last longer.
Old 03-16-2019, 02:30 AM
kellen
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Recommend the fisters. Got the ceramic coating. Not sure I could tell a difference in temps but definitely could tell a difference in the exhaust! Highly recommended.
Old 03-16-2019, 03:04 AM
sandwedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by holgum View Post
Agreed - I did Sharkwerks crossover first and it didn't do much. I think there is general consensus on this, but I was paranoid about it being too loud.
So now I'm doing the Fisters. Should have either done the Fisters first or both at once to save money on two installs
(I also had standard non-PSE exhaust).
Very general consensus based on all the threads I've read on this subject. On the the .2 cars, doing just the side cans or the center muffler alone is a waste of money. Must do both to get where you want to be. Subjective and budget driven issue but on a non PSE car I would try to source a used Tubi system or just buy a new one. They're not horribly expensive but totally transforms the car in one high quality package. Comes with much improved side cans and x-over pipes. Had that setup on my -09 C4S and loved it. Can't speak for the cheaper Gundo hack/Fister combined with any of the X-pipes since I never heard any of them. PSE and Sharkwerks x-pipes that's on my current car is killer and beats the Tubi (to my ears) but probably also the most expensive solution unless you can find a set of used PSE cans. Not easy as far as I know..
Old 03-16-2019, 10:08 PM
Redhot2474
User

2” Gundo , Billyboat center and call it a day - if you want to get extra “fancy” add the fabspeed dual intake - I have all 3 and the sound is awesome

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: