Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking of putting up my car for sale

Old 03-12-2019, 05:28 PM
Ynot
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Thinking of putting up my car for sale

Hi rennlisters, haven't been here in awhile, been busy with my business and life. I haven't been driving my 997 lately either. My registration is about to renew and it's time for me to drive to another county two hours away to register it because it can't pass the new emissions standards when it's plug into the OBD reader. The ECU shows not ready. The first 6 years of ownership was fine, they used the old sniffer test, the new test, I can't pass and it's too much of a hassle. So I'm probably listing my 997 for sale soon if any is interested. I need to gather up my mod list and price and will probably list it soon.

Link to gallery if you can't see the pictures below.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/xs8ptd06/

​​​​​​​

Last edited by Ynot; 03-14-2019 at 05:26 PM.
Old 03-12-2019, 05:41 PM
linderpat
Rennlist Member

Received 2,242 Likes on 1,251 Posts

I know it's not wghat you are looking for, but I might be inclined to sell the house instead and move out of that over-reaching communist state! It's a beautiful looking car. Nice and tasteful mods too. What year is it?
Old 03-12-2019, 05:45 PM
Ynot
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by linderpat
I know it's not wghat you are looking for, but I might be inclined to sell the house instead and move out of that over-reaching communist state! It's a beautiful looking car. Nice and tasteful mods too. What year is it?
It's an 2006 Carrera 4S with a TPC turbo. It runs great and will be a great car for those who live in Florida or other states that doesn't have strict emissions standards. Thanks for the compliments.
Old 03-12-2019, 06:10 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,408 Likes on 2,686 Posts

Sorry to hear you have issues in your state I assume California - Washington State is doing away with emissions test after this year which is like a dream
I've been paying $160 per year extra to get the special emissions waiver on an old Saab we gave to our daughter.
GLWS
Old 03-12-2019, 06:16 PM
997_4me
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I know what you mean regarding not being able to drive it. I'm in the same boat...I just dont find time anymore and I'd rather get rid of it then let it sit and rot away. I just passed smog in CA. What state are you in? If you cant pass smog due to modifications to exhaust then just switch it back to stock or know the right people to pass.

Beautiful 997, btw.
Old 03-12-2019, 06:24 PM
Ynot
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 997_4me
I know what you mean regarding not being able to drive it. I'm in the same boat...I just dont find time anymore and I'd rather get rid of it then let it sit and rot away. I just passed smog in CA. What state are you in? If you cant pass smog due to modifications to exhaust then just switch it back to stock or know the right people to pass.

Beautiful 997, btw.
I'm in Colorado, we changed to the CA standards 3 years ago, I knew it was coming and should have drove by those emission stations (trucks) by the highway to avoid taking it in. I tried to take it everywhere around here 3 years ago, no dice, that's why I registered it in a county two hours away that doesn't require an emissions test. Tom Chan from TPC said I could send in my ECU to get re-flashed but honestly I've enjoy the car for over 9 years and don't want the hassle.
Old 03-12-2019, 06:44 PM
997_4me
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ynot
I'm in Colorado, we changed to the CA standards 3 years ago, I knew it was coming and should have drove by those emission stations (trucks) by the highway to avoid taking it in. I tried to take it everywhere around here 3 years ago, no dice, that's why I registered it in a county two hours away that doesn't require an emissions test. Tom Chan from TPC said I could send in my ECU to get re-flashed but honestly I've enjoy the car for over 9 years and don't want the hassle.
Ah, gotcha. That turbo is the culprit. Yeah, CA is getting a lot more strict with their BS regulations but there are shops here that are willing to work with you.
Old 03-12-2019, 07:16 PM
rodH
Rennlist Member

Received 128 Likes on 86 Posts

Is it because of Mods that it wont pass? I don't think they can apply new standards to a car that is older, can they? If it is mods, maybe go back to stock? I'd sure rather have a stock 997 than 99.9% of other options out there (so unless you are going GT3, GT4, Singer or something similar, i'd find a way to keep it, its a beautiful car, very tastefully done!!! Any way to get the other pics to work, they aren't showing up for me)

also, what wing do you have? Any more pictures?
Old 03-12-2019, 07:19 PM
rodH
Rennlist Member

Received 128 Likes on 86 Posts

It's an 2006 Carrera 4S with a TPC turbo. It runs great and will be a great car for those who live in Florida or other states that doesn't have strict emissions standards. Thanks for the compliments.
Nevermind, didnt see this earlier
Old 03-13-2019, 02:46 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,006 Likes on 714 Posts

Hi rennlisters, haven't been here in awhile, been busy with my business and life. I haven't been driving my 997 lately either. My registration is about to renew and it's time for me to drive to another county two hours away to register it because it can't pass the new emissions standards when it's plug into the OBD reader. The ECU shows not ready. The first 6 years of ownership was fine, they used the old sniffer test, the new test, I can't pass and it's too much of a hassle. So I'm probably listing my 997 for sale soon if any is interested. I need to gather up my mod list and price and will probably list it soon.
Hope you have your stock parts saved if you plan on listing it on RL. As much as mods of all kinds are discussed here daily by true enthusiasts I really thought this would be the best place to list it. Instead it turned out to be the worst. I would have removed the listing by now since I keep getting PM's asking if I have the stock wheels, stock springs and stock seats. Haven't found an easy way to remove the listing though. Only option I've found is "Mark It As Sold" so I'll just leave it where it is and deal with the PM's about stock parts as I get them.

Best and most constructive responses by far has been from Autotrader. Flexible bunch that for the most part appreciate the high end mods instead of complaining about them. Dealing with two serious buyers now, both from Autotrader. Just got to get the car back from the shop where it is now for an intermittent CEL light coming on.

Haven't completed the listing with BaT ( https://bringatrailer.com) yet but that may be the best of them all. Quiet a process though. First you have to complete documents and submit photos to be "approved". I was approved after completing the paperwork and submitting 15 photos but now they're asking for at least 20 more photos including several of the underside of the car plus I think a $99 listing fee. Some responses from Cars.com and Car Gurus but again, if I had to do it all over again I would skip all but Autotrader and BaT and put it all into those two. Just my opinion of course but based on my current effort of selling my car which has some mods similar to yours.
Old 03-13-2019, 12:10 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,124 Likes on 3,900 Posts

Ynot, sorry to hear that as yours is one of my favorite cars on the forum!

Your responsibility is to find us a good owner who can contribute here as well
Old 03-13-2019, 01:41 PM
Skwerl
Drifting

Received 303 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by sandwedge
Haven't completed the listing with BaT ( https://bringatrailer.com) yet but that may be the best of them all.
Careful about BaT if you have anything but a spotless DME. They get really hung up on over revs there.
Old 03-13-2019, 02:50 PM
Ynot
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by sandwedge
Hope you have your stock parts saved if you plan on listing it on RL. As much as mods of all kinds are discussed here daily by true enthusiasts I really thought this would be the best place to list it. Instead it turned out to be the worst. I would have removed the listing by now since I keep getting PM's asking if I have the stock wheels, stock springs and stock seats. Haven't found an easy way to remove the listing though. Only option I've found is "Mark It As Sold" so I'll just leave it where it is and deal with the PM's about stock parts as I get them.

Best and most constructive responses by far has been from Autotrader. Flexible bunch that for the most part appreciate the high end mods instead of complaining about them. Dealing with two serious buyers now, both from Autotrader. Just got to get the car back from the shop where it is now for an intermittent CEL light coming on.

Haven't completed the listing with BaT ( https://bringatrailer.com) yet but that may be the best of them all. Quiet a process though. First you have to complete documents and submit photos to be "approved". I was approved after completing the paperwork and submitting 15 photos but now they're asking for at least 20 more photos including several of the underside of the car plus I think a $99 listing fee. Some responses from Cars.com and Car Gurus but again, if I had to do it all over again I would skip all but Autotrader and BaT and put it all into those two. Just my opinion of course but based on my current effort of selling my car which has some mods similar to yours.
Unfortunately I do not have any stocks parts, I sold most of them. I have some left. My 997 is modded way too much, took me all morning to gather my mods list and I still think I'm missing some stuff. lol. I don't even want to think about going back to stock, nearly impossible for me. Dang, that sucks, I sure hope someone will appreciate my 997 as much as I do. I don't want to go through Autotrader if I don't have to. I'm not desperate to sell, it's just a pain in the butt for me to drive up to the mountains to register, there's been blizzards up there every week and don't want to make that drive just to register my car. I have thought about letting it expire and register in the summer. That way it's not so painful.
Old 03-13-2019, 02:51 PM
Ynot
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Petza914
Ynot, sorry to hear that as yours is one of my favorite cars on the forum!

Your responsibility is to find us a good owner who can contribute here as well
Thanks! I sure hope so, since I'm not enjoying it as much as I used to, I'll try to someone who will.
Old 03-13-2019, 03:44 PM
Ynot
Three Wheelin'

Here is the listing if anyone is interested.

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...l#post15701347

Thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Thinking of putting up my car for sale